Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

CBD Oil

26,643 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 500,000ags
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
reb, said:

avoid CBD Houston brand, I popped a positive on it. I managed the fall-out so I'm okay, but wont be using that stuff again.
sucks. glad you were able to explain.

luckily, the only drug test my company does is when you get hired on, and they don't even test for THC anyway.
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

here is the trail runner nation podcast:

http://trailrunnernation.com/2019/01/ep-412-what-is-cbd-oil-and-can-it-help-my-running/

Caleb Simpson is on talking about his company. He's a central texas guy who some of you might know. he was one of the founders of Bearded Brothers Bars and he runs a bunch of the texas trail races.
Been looking at this for several weeks and finally bought some oil and balm from Hemp Daddy to try and finally get over this achilles garbage. Hopefully it helps.
Max06
AG
What kind of dosages are y'all using? I tried CBDistillery full spectrum 83mg/ml, which reccomends 30-60mg/day. I quit using it after a few weeks of no effect. But melatonin, diphenhydramine, etc. don't help me sleep either so there's that.
Aggietaco
AG
Started last night with 5mg via tincture and 5mg via lotion. Tincture smelled/tasted like weed. Figured I would start at night in case I had any adverse affects. Plan to up the tincture dosage and switch to morning use this weekend.
tarrantcountyag
AG
Hoosegow, I just ordered 1,000MG from HempBombs. What's your dosage and times of day. Having some anxiety/sleep issues myself. Thanks
Hoosegow
Squeeze the dropper and let it fill. It should get brought 3/4 way to the top.

If I had my druthers, I'd take it one the way to work, after lunch and about an hour before going to bed
Class of '94
tarrantcountyag
AG
Ok. Thanks for the advice. Hope it works as well for me.
Swarely
I think it tastes like bong water.

Or, you know, what I imagine bong water would taste like.
agswin1988
AG
I use a water-soluble full-spectrum hemp that my wife sells. Water solubility makes a huge difference in the body's absorption. She knows more and can explain it better than me. You can contact her at barbiguz@sbcglobal.net or text her 832-250-6057.
And for those asking about products for pets and for workout/muscle recovery, they have products for those, too.
Aggietaco
AG
Ronyaria said:

I would like to try CBD soon, it sounds really promising...
Just buy some. It's typically around $50 for a small bottle that lasts around 1 month. 3-4 weeks is the time period I've seen touted to notice any effects.

I haven't noticed anything in a week's worth of use but I started out with a really small dose in the evenings.
ptothemo
AG
No need to respond to that person/bot/whatever the hell it is. Their post history is littered with super generic posts that just link to random products and such.
AggieOO
Let him indulge. He likes to think he has friends.
htxag09
AG
Somehow they managed to achieve -3 blue stars

Vernada
AG
I guess maybe if you have stars on a post that is then deleted, you get those stars deducted?
Hoosegow
Interesting article about a lady using CBD who got fired for testing positive.

https://www.expressnews.com/business/local/article/San-Antonio-woman-s-CBD-use-leads-to-firing-15115890.php

I fully suspect she will lose based on previous case history.

Once again, I get scared and will stop using. My shoulder pain will come back. I'll stop sleeping through the night and my alcohol consumption will go up.
Class of '94
ptothemo
AG
Definitely a strong candidate for the TexAgs Survivor vote.
ptothemo
AG
Just reading that article makes me mad on her behalf. Or on the behalf of anyone similarly situated.

The fact that her employer does not have the brain or the care to differentiate doctor recommended use of CBD from an actual drug of use or abuse is mind boggling to me. I get the whole thing about employers having to err on the side of caution and even more get that her particular employer has to err way on the side of caution given the nature of their business, but the whole situation is just stupid.

The fact that it takes time and money to move this through the legal system to achieve something that a reasonable human can just see outright on their own is a whole other topic. And one that may push me into forum 16 territory, so I'll just leave it there.
Aggietaco
AG
ptothemo said:

No need to respond to that person/bot/whatever the hell it is. Their post history is littered with super generic posts that just link to random products and such.
Didn't realize it was a Russian hacker/bot.
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

Let him indulge. He likes to think he has friends.
Who needs friends with casual acquaintances like you?? Also, way to let me know I have your burner phone number.
AggieOO
Why do you think it took me so long to respond to you about sky Island?
administrative errors
CBD can turn into THC via stomach acid.

FYI
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
AggieOO
administrative errors said:

CBD can turn into THC via stomach acid.

FYI
Maybe you have some new info, but:

A Conversion of Oral Cannabidiol to Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Seems Not to Occur in Humans

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5510776/
administrative errors
I'll try to find source material, but i am also regurgitating from trusted scientists in the industry and their Facebook posts.

Sometimes pre-clinical trials and just running numbers and chemistry equations.

At this point in rather confident that CBD under the right conditions can convert to THC during the digestion process.

This is not a bad thing for anyone except those being tested for THC.

IMO, best consumption method is with a nanoencapsulated oil that will get into your system via check lining or sublingual, and smoking or vaping the product.

Edit: frank conrad is a smart mofo

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/15/science/cbd-thc-cannabis-cannabidiol.html

Quote:

The drug testing method in question involves a common chemical analysis device called a gas-chromatography mass-spectrometry, or GC-MS, machine. Most such devices require the drug testing lab to add a chemical to a sample in order to identify trace amounts of illicit compounds, in a process called derivatization. Labs can perform derivatization using a variety of chemical agents, but one of the most common is called trifluoroacetic anhydride, or TFAA.

According to the 2012 journal article, TFAA when used by a GC-MS machine was unable to discern between CBD and THC. If a person who used only CBD were given a drug test that employed this device, method and chemical, the results would falsely report the presence of THC.

I was mistaken, it was the testing method not conversion in tummy.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

I am amped.
raysh
Cbd oil is fantastic
Thc is what causes the side effects and get you high - avoid it.
Cbd is Cannabinoids, which are STRICTLY the medical properties of marijuana (non psychoactive)
Its possible when smoking these cbd strains they still have thc. So I suggest sticking to pills/oil
Make sure its CBD only and a good product too. I can swear by pure cbd.

Ragoo
AG
I am surprised CBD hasn't cured COVID-19 yet.
administrative errors
I disagree that one should avoid THC. 1:1 cbd:thc is exceptional medicine.

Please dont spread misinformation.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
AggieOO
administrative errors said:

I disagree that one should avoid THC. 1:1 cbd:thc is exceptional medicine.

Please dont spread misinformation.

That's what I use when I can get it. Definitely don't get high from 1:1 tincture. And if you did want to try to get high from it, it would be an expensive way to get high.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I have some 1:1 muscle rub (think bengay) that is great.
administrative errors
Re:covid
https://www.projectcbd.org/medicine/cannabis-cbd-covid-19
Quote:

COULD CANNABIS CALM A CYTOKINE STORM?
Several laboratory studies indicate that cannabinoid compounds in particular, cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are immunosuppressant. This would explain why medical cannabis is beneficial for people with autoimmune diseases and chronic inflammation.

Which begs the question: Could cannabis calm a cytokine storm?

The short answer is we don't know. There's a lot that we still don't understand about cannabis and the immune system.

For many years, scientific inquiry in the United States has been handcuffed by cannabis prohibition, and the federal government continues to thwart research that could shed light on the therapeutic use of cannabis and whole plant CBD-rich oil extracts. The federal stranglehold on cannabis research is the main reason why we know so little about CBD's clinical potential as an antiviral remedy.

Cannabis prohibition is exacerbating the current crisis in other ways, as well, as we discuss later in this article. For now, let's turn our attention back to cytokines and cannabinoids.

CBD acts as a potent anti-inflammatory, reducing cytokine production and inhibiting immune cell function.

WHAT ARE CYTOKINES?
Secreted by immune cells, cytokines are a group of proteins that regulate inflammatory responses to disease and infection. There are both pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines.

Overproduction or excess secretion of pro-inflammatory messenger molecules can trigger a dangerous cytokine storm and other aberrant conditions. A cytokine known as tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFa), for example, is produced in excess in rheumatoid arthritis, a painful, autoimmune disease that afflicts 1.3 million Americans.

The interaction between cytokines, immune cells, and the endogenous cannabinoid system plays an important role in neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration.

It's well documented that stimulation of the CB2 cannabinoid receptor by THC and its endogenous counterparts can suppress inflammation. Cannabinoid receptor signaling confers therapeutic effects by downregulating inflammatory cytokine expression.

Although cannabidiol has little direct binding affinity for the CB2 receptor, CBD also acts as a potent anti-inflammatory, reducing cytokine production and inhibiting immune cell function.

TLDR, maybe cannabinoids will help reduce deaths related to cytokine storm, maybe the suppressive effects thc has on immune system will allow virus to shed more.... in other words, TBD... but we should have already figured this out had we not banned it for 80 years worth of research.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
500,000ags
AG
Just purchased some edibles from Tweedle Farms.
administrative errors
Which ones?

Let us know if you noticed the effects and everything else.
500,000ags
AG
A package of their 20x25mg gummies.

Will update after trying.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.