Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

CBD Oil

26,647 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 500,000ags
Stan Crowch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I started taking it a few months ago and I have nothing but positive things to say. Would love to hear experiences from others who have used it.
htxag09
AG
Curious...what are you taking it for and in what regards do you have positive things to say?
Stan Crowch
AG
For me it is a good alternative to having a few drinks after a long day of work. It has a mild relaxing/sedative effect without any psychoactive properties as it is derived from the hemp plant and contains negligible amounts of THC. Also it has been incredible for helping me fall asleep and for overall sleep quality. I can't say enough good things about it and frankly I wish it was legal to grow hemp so I could make my own.
AggieOO
Teammate uses it for recovery and swears by it. Pretty sure there are studies stating it aids in recovery.
Post removed:
by user
Stan Crowch
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

My wife tried it for migraines, didn't help at all unfortunately.
What brand did she try?
Post removed:
by user
BQ2001
AG
I have a coworker that takes it for migraines for the last month and he raves about it. He takes a non THC version during the week and one with THC on the weekend (CO so it's legal). He said he does 2 drops in the morning and 3 at night rather than the 5 twice a day.
He has been suffering from migraines for the 3 years I've worked with him and been on lots of meds (that he told us about at length...) and nothing really worked until this.
Potcake
AG
We ordered some for our two 16 yo beagles. So far we haven't really seen any differences but it's only been about a week and a half.
ptothemo
AG
Potcake said:

We ordered some for our two 16 yo beagles. So far we haven't really seen any differences but it's only been about a week and a half.

User name checks out....
K Bo
AG
I am a believer in CBD. I use it to calm anxiety and help relax my mind in the evenings. I have a buddy that swears it kills his hangover immediately. My favorite vehicle is ground flower in a vaporizer but I'll also use pre-rolls, tea, oil/tincture, or pouches depending on the situation.

flower/pre-rolls, tweedle farms (therapy, remedy, & special sauce are my favorite strains)
full spectrum oil, I've had good luck with summitcbd
tea, buddha teas
pouches (cannadips cbd (too expensive, though)
FarmersFightForever
AG
Very interested in CBD's recovery benefits for training as it was recently removed from WADA's prohibited substances list. Any personal experience stories about muscle recovery benefits? Also interested for the anxiety calming claimed benefits
Cliff Booth
AG
Have you found a site to order cannadips online?
K Bo
AG
so far, the only site I have found that will ship them outside of CA is cbdsacredleaf.com
Potcake
AG
The oil we got for dogs was shipped from 4Corners Cannabis in CO.
K Bo
AG
thecbd.place is a good resource for finding quality cbd products for anyone looking to order. If you are looking for buds/flower/prerolls I cannot recommend Tweedle Farms enough.
Stan Crowch
AG
Agree regarding Tweedle Farms. Also had good experiences with NuLeaf Naturals and Charlottes Web for oil.
kapon
AG
Any concerns about failing a drug test?
GIG 'EM!
bmks270
AG
How does CBD work?

I met some guy at a wedding recently taking this stuff and very involved in lobbying and trying to grow the hemp and CBD industry.

He was basically saying it can cure everything and saying it changes RNA or something? Cancer, migraines, aches, back pain, brain damage...

He had a degree in finance (told me he was a small business an accountant). When I asked how he got into the marijuana industry he told me he came from "a family of growers". But he rambled on about all the science how has RNA and DNA and stops cancer and pain and stops advancement of CTE (the NFL brain trauma stuff).

So, it works differently than an anti-inflammatory right? Through what mechanism does CBD relieve pain and help recovery?

Beckdiesel03
AG
I have ignored most of the hype but had no idea about the help it can do with sleep and nighttime stress/anxiety. I will def need to look into this more or if anyone has some more info.
K Bo
AG
Lots of info in r/CBD
HockeyAg07
AG
We've considered it as a treatment for our kiddo's epilepsy, but we are doing our due diligence with more traditional meds first. It seems to be good for many types of seizures.
Hoosegow
kapon said:

Any concerns about failing a drug test?

I have the same concerns. Since there is no regulatory body there is no standards. I'm a very vocal detractor of supplements but there is too much evidence out there to ignore but the government makes it difficult to study. I'd love to experiment but I'm not about to risk my job with a daughter in college.
Class of '94
94chem
Yes, you can fail a drug test. Probably need another chemist to comment, but the simple drug tests may not distinguish between THC and CBD. Would appreciate more comments.
OasisMan
AG
I would say it very likely helps with certain things
Has not been studied much for a lot of things it is being used for
A lot of placebo effect
administrative errors
buncha stoners in here /ignorant

seriously though,

I've been playing with the idea of doing bulk/wholesale orders for cbd products, if there's enough demand I'll pull the trigger and make it a reality for curated cbd products from good vendors with tested results...

If i get the balls to put a store display up, i'll publicize the content here (on this board)for anyone interested.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
administrative errors
I think we will see corporate standards lessen after the NFL does the same thing with THC and already with CBD (pending new agreement or silent agreement with owners)

Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

I am amped.
administrative errors
bmks270 said:

How does CBD work?

I met some guy at a wedding recently taking this stuff and very involved in lobbying and trying to grow the hemp and CBD industry.

He was basically saying it can cure everything and saying it changes RNA or something? Cancer, migraines, aches, back pain, brain damage...

He had a degree in finance (told me he was a small business an accountant). When I asked how he got into the marijuana industry he told me he came from "a family of growers". But he rambled on about all the science how has RNA and DNA and stops cancer and pain and stops advancement of CTE (the NFL brain trauma stuff).

So, it works differently than an anti-inflammatory right? Through what mechanism does CBD relieve pain and help recovery?

My recommendation would be to read up on the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) and Cannabinoids (Anandamide, delta-9-Tetra-HydraCannabinol (THC), Cannabidiol (CBD), and many more).
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Silky Johnston
I have tried a few different products from a couple of websites and haven't experienced any noticeable effects. I tried oils and candy, but never felt any difference or changes. I was hoping it would help with relaxation and helping me sleep, but I didn't experience help with either.
rebag00
AG
Anecdotally - A co-worker of mine was using CBD for anxiety and sleep issues under the recommendation of a therapist who was trying to ween her off of stronger prescription anti-depressants that were causing some fairly severe side effects. She caught a random DOT drug test while using the CBD (I think she was using oil and edibles - seemed to be working for her) and passed without a word from lab. So - take that for what its worth...
mrmill3218
AG
My brother started a CBD oil company. I love the stuff.

https://mineralhealth.co/

administrative errors
I don't personally respond to edibles very well (don't have as noticeable affect on me versus vaporizing or combustion).

Cbd works better with some thc, (1-4+% is best, 1:1 thc:Cbd might be industry preferred at this point, we shall see).

Try vaporizing/combustion some isolate or hemp flower, see if you tell a difference. What are you attempting to treat?
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
NurseC
AG
I've passed two hospital drug tests taking CBD with minimal THC. The medical data supporting its use is quite impressive. I have several autoimmune disorders and get just general mom/life anxiety, and it has helped with inflammation of my joints, pain and my quality of sleep.

I tried it in capsule form for 60 days and only noticed that it increased my hunger. Then researched a little more and found a high quality oil that I purchased online.
I also buy edibles and vape oil from Smoken Joes in CS (Joe is actually very well versed in all things herbal if you have questions)

http://hempoilmedical.com
bjh19
AG
Can it be shipped to Texas? Thought there was state laws that made the status different for each state.
Dr. Faustus
AG
Gonna have to try this.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.