Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Ready to finally lose the weight? My IMF Success Story

84,132 Views | 399 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tailgate88
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
email sent
Diet Cokehead
AG
I would love to see the PDF.
Tailgate88
AG
Well....the book is FINALLY done. As promised earlier, it will be $.99 for the first few weeks so all my friends & family (including you all) can pick up a copy before it goes up to regular price.

All I have to do is pick a cover design - if you have a minute or two, please click the link to the poll below and let your voice he heard!

https://99designs.com/contests/poll/c32ad55704

Many thanks!
Tailgate88
AG
Email sent.
Vernada
AG
Voted
AtlAg75
AG
Voted.

Question for you - in the book do you discuss IMF specifically for seniors? Referring more to seniors who live in retirement or assisted living facilities.
Z100
AG
Thank you! please send PDF via email jkjlsm at gmail
Desert Power
AG
Where can we get your book? I am looking at starting this and can't wait to read it.
Tailgate88
AG
Email sent!
Tailgate88
AG
ONE-TWO-- said:

Where can we get your book? I am looking at starting this and can't wait to read it.
It will be available on Amazon in a couple weeks. The manuscript is done and the guy who formats everything for Amazon is waiting on the cover design, which I should have by tomorrow. The designer is giving me four final variations on the cover.

In the mean time I'll be glad to send you the PDF so you can get started!
Desert Power
AG
Thank you!

Aggieonetwo at gmail . Com
UmustBKidding
I'd be interested in reading, but need to know your consulting rate?
Let me know when available, and I can feed the amazon machine for the bits.
bearamedic99
AG
Email sent for requesting the PDF. I'll throw money at Amazon when ready
Tailgate88
AG
Email sent!
Tailgate88
AG
UmustBKidding said:

I'd be interested in reading, but need to know your consulting rate?
Let me know when available, and I can feed the amazon machine for the bits.
Will do.
Tailgate88
AG
AtlAg75 said:

Voted.

Question for you - in the book do you discuss IMF specifically for seniors? Referring more to seniors who live in retirement or assisted living facilities.
I apologize I didn't notice your question before now.

No, I don't address that at all. Fasting is definitely not for the very young - under 18 or so. I am most definitely not a doctor or medical professional of any kind, just a fasting evangelist. My best advice would be, as with everyone else, to only do it under the supervision of your doctor.
who?mikejones
AG
Just saw this thread last Sunday.

Started the 18/6 monday. I'll be frank- im using the first two weeks for my body to adjust to the schedule. I haven't changed what ive been eating. Im chewing lots of gum at the moment. I dont know if thats allowed or not.

I do think i am bingeing during the active eating hours so i havent seen much change yet but I have a plan. I also spend hours every day in my truck which makes it difficult to not think about food, especially about 10am and 12pm.

My goal is 200lbs. Im at 219. Havent been under 200 since high school. Granted, im tall and at my best fitness level i was around 210. Ive just swapped the muscle for fat.
beanbean
who?mikejones said:

Just saw this thread last Sunday.

Started the 18/6 monday. I'll be frank- im using the first two weeks for my body to adjust to the schedule. I haven't changed what ive been eating. Im chewing lots of gum at the moment. I dont know if thats allowed or not.

I do think i am bingeing during the active eating hours so i havent seen much change yet but I have a plan. I also spend hours every day in my truck which makes it difficult to not think about food, especially about 10am and 12pm.

My goal is 200lbs. Im at 219. Havent been under 200 since high school. Granted, im tall and at my best fitness level i was around 210. Ive just swapped the muscle for fat.
I wouldn't chew gum. I think it may technically break the fast. Also, it may just be me, but chewing gum while hungry makes me even hungrier. So you might not be doing yourself any favors. Man, you just need to bite the bullet and tough it out for about 2 weeks and your body will adjust. That's what I did. You will still feel some hunger from 10am-12pm, (I still do sometimes) but you'll learn to not let that rule your thoughts.

I started the 16/8 on 4/1/19 and that is what I have stuck to since. That along with some running and lifting and I have dropped and kept of 35 pounds since.

I went in last friday to get my health scan that determines my rates on next years insurance. I have not got my cholesterol results back, but my blood pressure is now in the low category. I have for the last 5 years skated the line between the top end of moderate blood pressure to high blood pressure. My doctor always talked to me about putting me on BP medication, but now I'm back to good.

So yeah, I've only done 16/8 this whole time and it's been enough for me to reach my goals without going extreme. It's been easy to live life like this and this is how I plan on living the rest of it. Feel better than I have in 25 years.

Good luck and stick to it. This is the real deal. I'm eternally grateful to tailgate88 for starting this thread.
Tailgate88
AG
Brucoh, thanks for the kind words. It is truly humbling to hear. It took some nerve to type the OP out and hit Post, but I am so glad I did.

And...announcing the cover! I have signed off on the final draft and it is being formatted and uploaded to Amazon as we speak. Reminder: it will be $.99 through the end of the year and I will donate $1 to the Mercy Project for each copy sold to a TexAger!

KY AG
AG
KY AG said:

One month check-in:

1. I've lost 19.8 pounds, or 7.5% of my starting weight.
2. I've lost 2 inches on my waist, or 4.2%.
3. I've completed 10 fast days (less than 600 calories)
4. Every week day that's not a fast day has been an 8/16 day, with a goal of sub-2400 calories.
5. Weekends I eat whatever, sometimes I fast in the morning, sometimes I don't, sometimes I eat 3000+ calories. I generally don't care on weekends.

Overall I'm content with the results thus far. The most I ever lost in one month on Keto was 18 pounds, so this is pretty phenomenal.

I think I'm most satisfied with the fact that this seems sustainable. I've gotten into a groove now and I'm generally okay with the schedule. With Keto I always had a tremendous amount of anxiety with meal-planning, and trying like hell to stay on Keto, particularly with a travel-heavy job. Now, I'm pretty relaxed - if I eat bad one meal, who cares.

Some lessons learned:
1. Carbonated water is extremely helpful (LaCroix pineapple strawberry is my jam).
2. Gum is helpful.
3. Walking in the morning is really the key to successful weight loss. I had a week where I stalled around 248. Looking back on the data, due to my schedule I had not walked at all that week. The very next week I was walking again and the weight loss resumed.

Thanks again Tailgate!

Two-month check-in:

1. Haven't lost any further weight. Thanksgiving and the million Christmas parties, travel have been rough. More importantly though:
2. Haven't gained any weight!
3. Lost another half inch on my waist.

Still really excited about the program.
Tailgate88
AG
Quote:

Two-month check-in:

1. Haven't lost any further weight. Thanksgiving and the million Christmas parties, travel have been rough. More importantly though:
2. Haven't gained any weight!
3. Lost another half inch on my waist.

Still really excited about the program.
This is why I always take the holidays off. Just get back on hardcore after New Year's and lose any extra pounds you've gained, and I have definitely ticked up this holiday season. Ho ho ho!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Started 16/8 on Sunday and plan to weigh in weekly on Fridays. This fall, work has wrecked my routine and my health. I hope that starting back into daily 45-minute runs plus IMF will have a big and sustained impact.
Desert Power
AG
Hey Tailgate! I think my request for the pdf got lost in the comments above. I would love a copy of the PDF if you're still giving it out.

Aggieonetwo at gmail . Com

I tried looking on amazon for it and couldn't find it. Thank you
Ronyaria
Hi there, guys! Great thread here, I have been reading it a lot. I am going to lose some weight, and I have just started. I will need some support
Vernada
AG
Been suffering from some holiday weight gain - hit IMF hard this week and saw the scale tilt back down finally.

I'm ok with some creep but don't want to put myself in too big of a hole starting the new year.
Tailgate88
AG
Email sent!

Currently waiting on the sixth and hopefully LAST version to come back from the formatter, then will take 3-4 days once uploaded to Amazon to appear as I understand it. I'll post here when available.
Tailgate88
AG
Finally! I have it priced at the smallest amount Amazon will allow for each version.

Kindle version for $.99:
https://smile.amazon.com/Weekday-Fast-Meals-Change-Life-ebook/dp/B082Z8C91G

Paperback currently $4.99 (that's the least Amazon will allow):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1679065807

Post here that you bought it, send me a PM or email markus <at> weekdayfast <dot> com to let me know, and I will donate $1 per copy sold to TexAgers in the next couple weeks to the Mercy Project and post proof here.

Obviously, I would be honored if you posted an honest review on Amazon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
beanbean
Got all my numbers back from my biometrics health screening that determines my insurance rate for next year at work.

Blood pressure, BMI, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides all in normal range. In the past I have had issues with blood pressure and cholesterol. I have never passed the BMI until now. I'll have the cheapest rate my company allows on insurance for 2020. I'm turning 46 in a week BTW.
Troy91
AG
Ordered. Looking forward to seeing if this can work for me.

Thanks
Vernada
AG
Purchased.

degreedy
AG
Is the best way to buy this through that amazon link, or is there a better way to purchase from you directly?
Jbob04
AG
Purchased
Tailgate88
AG
NPH- said:

Is the best way to buy this through that amazon link, or is there a better way to purchase from you directly?
At this point just buy it on Amazon. I may sell it directly at some point, but still looking at options. But it will be $.99 for a limited time so grab it now to get that deal.

Thanks for checking!
degreedy
AG
Purchased, I look forward to reading it!
NomadicAggie
AG
Hey there, I don't have a Kindle but would love a copy of the pdf if you are still sending it. I'll make a donation wherever you'd like if that helps. Thank you for this thread. I just read through every page...inspiring!

bstan03 at gmail dot com

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.