Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

459,833 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by txags92
AtlAg75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still loving it 140 rides in!
kam31
AG
Did my first ride today! It was great.
wreckt01
Ordered the bike last night. should arrive in <2 weeks. Hoping it is as fun and convenient as it looks. Might even help get back out on the trails with my old 29er. I'm out of excuses now, time to get ti done. Thx for the replies.
91_Aggie
AG
Can OP post pics of his bike with clothes hanging all over it?
AggieOO
91_Aggie said:

Can OP post pics of his bike with clothes hanging all over it?

He's still using it. Has it linked to social media.
rebag00
AG
Still loving mine...not 100 rides in...yet. Easily one of the best purchases I have made in the last decade as far as the quality of the bike, the training/programming, and the ease and frequency of use. My wife just went past 100 rides and she loves it. It has been worth it for us.

I have heard that they are going to put out a treadmill with live video training (Its going to be tabata/intervals/marathon/5K/10K race training type programming). I am sure it will sell just like the bikes have.
wreckt01
First ride in the books. Only 20 mins and I was gassed. Long way to go, but good first day.
Aggietaco
AG
rebag00 said:

Still loving mine...not 100 rides in...yet. Easily one of the best purchases I have made in the last decade as far as the quality of the bike, the training/programming, and the ease and frequency of use. My wife just went past 100 rides and she loves it. It has been worth it for us.

I have heard that they are going to put out a treadmill with live video training (Its going to be tabata/intervals/marathon/5K/10K race training type programming). I am sure it will sell just like the bikes have.
Treadmill version is interesting. Not something I had thought of, but a coached session with controllable speeds and intervals could be fun.
tysker
AG
Quote:

A few thoughts if peloton puts out a treadmill:
I will admit Robin could make interval training much more bearable
Would Matt still talk about he ran in college and laugh nervously throughout?
I'm curious if Alex will still get his 2 minutes of dancetime in?
IS Cody's gonna change his catchphrase to Left-Right?
Jess might become my new favorite trainer
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Go find the Jess 10-27-17 live DJ ride in the archive. You're welcome.

Wife and I were in NYC a month or so ago and did a studio ride for the hell of it. Was a Jess live DJ ride (my wife chose it). Fun time.
rebag00
AG
So they just officially announced the Peloton Tread. It looks like it will be a treadmill version of their spin bike, well designed and high quality. "Live total body training at the tap of a screen." $4K pricetag.

This targets those who are spending $$$ at Orange Theory/Camp Gladiator or in HIIT classes at gyms. With the experience we've had with the Peloton bike, I imagine we will own one of these when they come out, and I'll cancel my Orange Theory membership and replace the tread we have had for 10+ years.

www.onepeloton.com/tread
wreckt01
looks cool. I'm enjoying the bike and think it will be a good long term cardio solution for me. don't think ill drop 4k on the tread though....., might be a cool if the app will allow me to use it at hotel treads when i travel...best of both? We shall see.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yea. $4,000 is more than I'm willing to spend.

What are yalls names on Peloton? I'm DOUGinTEXAS.

I'm still bummed Steven Little left.
wreckt01
Peloton handle is Wreckt

I'm generally only able to do the on demand classes as my travel/work/kids schedule is pretty unpredictable. I've just started a few power zone classes with Wilpers and like those so far.

Side note: either the calibration on the bikes has a large variance, or i'm a complete out of shape slob....or both. If i match the cadence and resistance the instructors indicate i seem to have about 1/2 to 2/3 of the output. Doesn't really affect me as i'm trying to improve my health, not win a competition, but it seems a little odd.

AtlAg75
AG
I'm AtlantaAggie
thirty-two
AG
Completed ride #163 this morning.

No Tread for me... I'm not a huge fan of running on a treadmill, and I really have no place to put it anyway. My wife does Orange Theory 8 times per month... so $12-ish per class.

At $4k for the Tread, that seems like a really long duration before you come out ahead cost-wise. But it does look like a really impressive piece of equipment.
wreckt01
I have been fairly consistent at about 3x/week since getting the bike in early December. I have, to my surprise, dropped 15 pounds (197 to 182). I'm enjoying the PZ classes with Wilpers and really like the class structure. That said, think i may go through the entire instructor list and try everyone twice just to see all the other approaches. I'm a complete indoor cycle noob, so figure its worth it to explore all the options.

I can already feel improvements in my cardio capacity, but really struggle at higher resistance....my legs just burn out too quick. Once i get a decent base, Im going to look into more strength building rides to improve what is clearly my weakest cycling attribute.

I think ill actually be able to get my trail bike tuned up and hit some trails this spring.
stuckinaustinAG
AG
Bought one for me and the wife for Christmas. Jury still out for me. I like it but we also like getting out of the house to work out. It has been really good with all the cold weather. I feel really stupid on it with the family in the other room (within line of sight). The treadmill looks really cool but not able/willing to drop down $4k.

Username: stuckinaustinag
thirty-two
AG
stuckinaustinAG said:

Bought one for me and the wife for Christmas. Jury still out for me. I like it but we also like getting out of the house to work out. It has been really good with all the cold weather. I feel really stupid on it with the family in the other room (within line of sight). The treadmill looks really cool but not able/willing to drop down $4k.

Username: stuckinaustinag
Welcome!
AtlAg75
AG
Wreckt01- I've seen on the Peloton facebook page that some others have questioned the output calibration on their bikes as well. Your bike is under warranty and believe if you reach out to support there is a way to re-calibrate.

good luck
wreckt01
I checked the calibration and it's a little hard but not too bad....I guess that means it's mostly me....haha. It's a blast either way and down 18 pound in 40 days is kinda nuts.

Welcome stuckinaustin
TxAg20
AG
I wanted to get one for my wife for Christmas, but the few times I brought it up she didn't show much interest. Yesterday she had coffee with one of her friends that has had one for a couple of years and still enjoys it. So, we ordered one yesterday. What are typical delivery times? I saw where someone above ordered on 12/7 and had their first ride on 12/9.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Ours took about 2 weeks a year ago Christmas rush.
LoneStarAg2004
AG
I ordered my bike last Friday night, and it was delivered yesterday.
easttexasaggie04
AG
My name on there is DOUGinTEXAS. I usually try to do the 6:00am CST live rides if Alex or Wilpers are teaching. To be honest some of the female instructors annoy me.
thirty-two
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

My name on there is DOUGinTEXAS. I usually try to do the 6:00am CST live rides if Alex or Wilpers are teaching. To be honest some of the female instructors annoy me.
What he really means by this is "Robin Arzon kicked my ass and I don't want a piece of her again."

Hehe,
TxAg20
AG
Just an update to my own question. We ordered last Thursday and it was delivered Tuesday night, so 5 days including the weekend.

The first bike the delivery company set up was missing one of the leveling feet. They pulled one off another bike and it wouldn't fit. We discovered that 2 identical bikes, to be delivered the same day, actually had different size threads on the feet between the 2 bikes. The delivery company swapped the bikes even though one was apparently assigned to us and the other to someone else. If this happens often, replacement parts will be interesting.

I'm still waiting on road bike shoes, so I haven't ridden it yet. I'm curious why Peloton went with delta cleats when every other spin bike I've ridden uses SPD cleats.
wreckt01
Strange about the threads. I prefer spd, but these are fine so far. Took a little tension tweaking, but no complaints past that.
thirty-two
AG
TxAg20 said:

I'm still waiting on road bike shoes, so I haven't ridden it yet. I'm curious why Peloton went with delta cleats when every other spin bike I've ridden uses SPD cleats.
My shoes arrived after my bike as well. That was disappointing... nothing like getting a new toy but only getting to look at it for a few days before actually using it.
law80
AG
We ordered ours last Friday and the shoes plus accessories arrived this Tuesday but there was a problem with their bike inventory at the warehouse and we won't get our bike until next Wednesday now.
runontexas
AG
Are there alternative shoes you recommend? Don't know sht about 'spinning'...

Didn't order the $125 shoes with the bike and have it coming in this weekend.

Saw these:
Tommaso Strada 100 Dual Cleat Compatible Road Touring Cycling Spin Shoe https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071S7JM2Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_d49BAbHREDKRN

Figure one of you experts could give some recommendations
mavsfan4ever
AG
The treadmill doesn't seem too bad if you have a husband and a wife who both do orange theory. My wife and I are both on the 8 per month plan (which we sometimes do and sometimes don't use), so the treadmill would save us around $180 per month or so. So the break even point would be less than 2 years. But I'm assuming they will be charging a subscription fee per month, so that would eat into the savings a little.
wreckt01
I think any shoe with Look delta cleats will work. Don't know anything about that one specifically.
wreckt01
Just put my 29er in the shop for new brakes, shift cables and tune up. Gonna see if this peloton has me in good enough shape to ride a trail and live to tell about it.
law80
AG
We got ours today. Started out with a scenic Italian country side ride to ease into it.
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.