Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

459,787 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by txags92
mrsbeer05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's 30 seconds of a 24 hour day
JoeOlson
AG
Just did it again and got 222. Thanks for the encouragement - huge difference doing the 2nd one.
dodger02
AG
I retested on Sunday and improved my average output by like 40 points. That made a big, big difference in my PZ ride yesterday.
dodger02
AG
This is your 7 min notice: 30 min live ride with Robin.
RustyBoltz
AG
If anyone routinely rides in the afternoon, I am getting into a schedule of trying to catch whatever ride is on the schedule between 4:30 & 5:30.
Username is same as TA.
StringerBell
AG
about to be done with the four week discover your power zone program. thinking about taking a day or two off before i retest ftp just to give myself some rest and then starting up with the new challenge.

also the official peleton facebook group is a dumpster fire of the highest order.
bthotugigem05
AG
That's an insult to the Big 12 even, good grief.
singer10
AG
Oh yes it is. I joined it and didn't last two days before I got out. Those people are insane.
Nitro Power
AG
I am due to take my FTP test as well.
AgFB
AG
It provides some good comedy. So I stayed.
AgFB
AG
Good ride. I set a PR thanks to those pushes at the end.
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
StringerBell said:

about to be done with the four week discover your power zone program. thinking about taking a day or two off before i retest ftp just to give myself some rest and then starting up with the new challenge.

also the official peleton facebook group is a dumpster fire of the highest order.
I retake mine at the end of this week and was leaning towards taking off two days before, so I can be rested.
dodger02
AG
There is a yoga class focused on quad stretching that's really good. I did that one and a yoga flow with Dennis the day proline and day of my last test.

I'm not a big yoga guy but I think I got some benefit out of those two.

ETA: "proline"? WTF is that? "Proline" = "prior to"
StringerBell
AG
That's a good idea.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Man alive that Denis Morton 20 minute country ride was fun.
mrsbeer05
AG
I tried to do that ride Tuesday but my internet was being crappy, now I'm extra sad.
AgFB
AG
Solid Rock ride with Kendall today. Really liking the hashtags so I can compete with Aggies.

Enjoyed chasing Spingineer, Texan in Indy and others.

45 min ride from 2/21 if anyone wants to compete.

LB: TheRuffRider
tbirdspur2010
AG
I'll check that one out tomorrow!
Nitro Power
AG
Anyone interested in an FTP test ride this evening (4-6 ish) or tomorrow morning?
txags92
AG
I am up for a group ride tomorrow morning, but not interested in doing an FTP test this weekend.
bthotugigem05
AG
Jenn Sherman yacht rock ride or a PZE ride?
AgFB
AG
I'm going to do a long ride tomorrow. Maybe 90 min PZE
bthotugigem05
AG
I'd be up for a 90-minute PZE, what time you thinking
Nitro Power
AG
20 minutes < 90 minutes....just sayin
Spinnaker96
AG
Y'all. That Kendall Toole 45 minute rock ride was no joke! It earns that ~9 difficulty. I PR'ed but I almost died. Thanks for the recommendation.
dodger02
AG
It's good.

There also a recent Ben Aldis climb ride that'll probably be a PR if you're into climbs.
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
Just finished my 2nd FTP After doing the "Discover your power zone" class improved by 27 points. But damn that last 5 min must be what hell feels like.
Nitro Power
AG
Just finished mine. Remembering again how much ass it sucks. However, increased my FTP from 294 -> 306
singer10
AG
Your zone 3 must suck.
StringerBell
AG
listen man I mean this with all due respect but go to hell I hate you so much
tbirdspur2010
AG
Elevated96 said:

Y'all. That Kendall Toole 45 minute rock ride was no joke! It earns that ~9 difficulty. I PR'ed but I almost died. Thanks for the recommendation.

I hate all y'all that recommended that Kendall Toole rock ride. Did I PR? Yes. Couldn't help it when "Bleed it Out" dropped lol. Was the PR worth it? Ummmm....I rather think NOT, or rather, my legs do right now haha. Think this one will stand for awhile. That was ridiculous!

And also very fun! I won't lie!

AgFB
AG
Glad you guys enjoyed the Kendall ride. I like a lot of rides with 90s/2000s rock. Her metal rides are good, but her last one went a little too metal - even for a lifelong Metallica fan.

I'm doing 90 PZE tomorrow mid morning sometime. Feel free to pick one out if you want.

TheRuffRider
bthotugigem05
AG
Wasn't feeling PZE ride so just started the Jenn Sherman yacht rock ride from 7/21/19 if anyone wants to join
TraditionsPD
AG
I just purchased my bike but it won't be here until the end of July. Does anyone have recommendations for a size 15 shoe?
StringerBell
AG
Took two day's off to visit my mom. Ate like crap. Hopped back on the bike today and it wasn't awful so I guess that's good.

Redoing my FTP tomorrow. Can't decide whether I want the numbers in front of me while i ride so I can be strategic or to turn the ftp display off so I am just motivated to go as hard as I possibly can without worrying about the numbers.
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.