Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,751 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
dodger02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll see you at 11:30!
StringerBell
AG
Yeah I Feel like wilpers makes me a better rider instead of just motivating me while I ride
bthotugigem05
AG
StringerBell said:

Yeah I Feel like wilpers makes me a better rider instead of just motivating me while I ride
I feel the same. I don't feel like I really need to be motivated while I ride, the motivation was what I needed to get me on the bike in the first place.
tysker
AG
Ya. Wilpers and PZ classes almost inspire me to purchase an actual road bike and some lycra. But then I run around WRL, I come back to my senses.
XpressAg09
AG
StringerBell said:

but the diem isn't gonna carpe itself folks
Preach.
Nitro Power
AG
Alright ladies and gentlemen....

60 min PZ Endurance MW 09/21/19 @ 12:45 <- Class

@ 11:00 CT tomorrow for #300 if you care to join me.

I wanted to do something really excruciating, but I need to get this ride in for my PZ challenge.

Later next week I am up for a "race" ride as well...looking at you TBird
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
bthotugigem05
AG
Oof, just did a 90-minute PZE ride, but if I'm up for it I'll be there!
AgFB
AG
Wilpers is good. Seems like a normal dude, gives you a few tips and tricks to make you a better rider and doesn't try to change the world.

My wife was doing an Ally Love ride and I swear every other word out of her mouth sounded like she was trying to get it made into a tshirt. So annoying.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Social Distanced said:

Alright ladies and gentlemen....

60 min PZ Endurance MW 09/21/19 @ 12:45 <- Class

@ 11:00 CT tomorrow for #300 if you care to join me.

I wanted to do something really excruciating, but I need to get this ride in for my PZ challenge.

Later next week I am up for a "race" ride as well...looking at you TBird

Congrats on #300 coming up! Lemme make sure the missus doesn't have a ride planned for tomorrow at that time, but otherwise I'm down! Haven't done a 60 min PZ in awhile so that should be good. 11AM is right before the kiddo's naptime so I should be able to swing that.

See you tomorrow! And hopefully later next week, too!
mrsbeer05
AG
I love Wilpers and he's smart about training, how the body works, and just in general. Apparently he was planning on med school. I just wish hos playlists were better
TexCOAg
AG
Used it - thank you!
JoeOlson
AG
Quick question on FTP - do you guys typically just try to maximize output or maximize in the saddle?

For example, I did a 30 minute ride where my average output was more than 25 points higher than where i ended up with it my average output for FTP (although I worked way harder in FTP). I spent a good bit of this ride out of the saddle and I'm feeling that the jogging/standing may not be indicative of the true fitness level. I want to get better in the saddle, but my out of saddle numbers just end up so much higher.
txags92
AG
How long ago was your FTP test? If it was a while ago, you might have gained power. If you have only done the test once, I would suggest doing it again, as people typically underestimate what they can do out of fear the first time they test and start out at a lower output than they are really capable of.

I am surprised that you can average more out of the saddle than in the saddle for any significant length of time. What kind of cadence are you using seated, and what seems to be your limited factor on seated power? By that I mean what stops you from going harder in the saddle? I am guessing you are either not fit right to the bike and your legs are getting artificially fatigued while seated due to bad positioning; or you are trying to push too high of a cadence while seated without enough resistance to generate real power. Or too slow a cadence and your legs are fatiguing too quickly.

When I am doing high intensity intervals, I tend to use a cadence in the 90-100 range, but when I am trying to max out power for ftp tests or Z5+ intervals, I tend to drop down to about 82-86. Trying to push big power numbers with a cadence above 95 will wear me out quickly. But I can ride Z3-4 all day at 95-100 cadence.
txags92
AG
TexCOAg said:

Used it - thank you!
Muchas gracias! Enjoy the bike!
dodger02
AG
JoeOlson said:

Quick question on FTP - do you guys typically just try to maximize output or maximize in the saddle?

Both?

I try to have a smooth, level output. For me, that means butt in the saddle. Out of the saddle and my output fluctuates pretty wildly. I'm in the saddle except for maybe a couple of very brief ~10 sec butt breaks.

My first test gave me a low number because as the other poster stated, I underestimated myself. Second test was better but in PZ training, I still think my FTP is a little low. I'll probably retest tomorrow.
Nitro Power
AG
I'm not going to make the ride at 11. I will later today, but can't make it at 11.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
bthotugigem05
AG
16 #TexasAggies on the leaderboard for Robin's live ride this morning. I finished at the top (on account of being a big dude and there being a 9-minute climb), but there will forever be an asterisk noting that tbird wasn't involved lol
tbirdspur2010
AG
Social Distanced said:

I'm not going to make the ride at 11. I will later today, but can't make it at 11.

What time later? I have an engagement later today so I might end up doing that Last Dance ride at noon.
Nitro Power
AG
Will be later this evening.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Noooo I have a social engagement with the fam this evening! Ah it's ok lemme know later next week and we can try to coordinate then.
gvine07
AG
I'm doing The Last Dance ride at noon. You can find me at the bottom of the #TexasAggies leaderboard (GradyG07).

It's my second live ride.
Aggie09Derek
AG
gvine07 said:

I'm doing The Last Dance ride at noon. You can find me at the bottom of the #TexasAggies leaderboard (GradyG07).

It's my first 60 minute ride, and only second live ride. I hope I don't die
Good thing The Last Dance ride is only 30 min today
gvine07
AG
...my wife just told me the same, came here to edit before anybody saw I was dumb
StringerBell
AG
Jordan ride was fun but man doing olivias power zone right before wore me out.

Also I'm ****ing done with the blue heart app. Love the convinience of using my watch to track heart rate but it's just so unreliable. Gave out in the middle of Olivias ride and I spent 2 minutes trying to figure it out. **** that. Just bought a scosche.
tbirdspur2010
AG
gvine07 said:

It's my second live ride.

Good bull! Hope you enjoyed it! My first live ride as well.
gvine07
AG
That was fun - I broke my PR by 45! I was definitely motivated following the #TexasAggies filtered leaderboard

I recommend that ride for any MJ/The Last Dance fan.

Next Saturday is my wife's birthday, but I'd love it if we can get a good group to start a ride at the same time on Saturdays (recorded or live). It's motivating watching a leaderboard with people who start at the same time as you (and I wasn't even top 10 #TexasAggies).

Someone with a milestone pick a ride and start time!
JoeOlson
AG
Super helpful. I did the test yesterday and I killed myself at the end, but could have gotten off to a heavier start.

I've been playing around with some of positions (especially with the screen/handles) and I need to sit down and redo the whole setup.

In the saddle I have a habit of getting excited and then doing a heavy push that burns me out. (Like 55+ resistance with 100 cadence for an extended sprint when I'm feeling it).

Going to retake the FTP test this week and see how crazy I can get. If some folks want to FTP together, I assume we'd all either die or PR by a mile. The social/competitive side of this has a huge impact for me
tbirdspur2010
AG
I'm far too competitive, too. I have to consciously decide to put away the leaderboard or I will kill myself every ride. Can't help it.

Not sure when I'll retake my FTP test. Kinda want to wait until after baby #2 is born next month because I know my routine is about to get upended (for an amazing reason, of course!)
tbirdspur2010
AG
Double post
aggiemeg06
AG
congrats on baby #2 - what a blessing!
tbirdspur2010
AG
Thanks so much! Still can't believe it's happening haha. Next month is going to be insane: my son's 3rd birthday is within a week of the due date for my daughter, and my 9th wedding anniversary is towards the end of the month. Sleep will be at a PREMIUM lol
StringerBell
AG
ayyye! baby 2! congrats man!
singer10
AG
Congrats! We just had our 2nd on April 1 and our oldest is 19 months. Sleep is definitely at a premium. Sunday both kids slept for two hours and it was the best two hour nap I have ever had.
Ragoo
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

Thanks so much! Still can't believe it's happening haha. Next month is going to be insane: my son's 3rd birthday is within a week of the due date for my daughter, and my 9th wedding anniversary is towards the end of the month. Sleep will be at a PREMIUM lol
congrats to you Trey.
AgFB
AG
First ride off the challenge. Always love the two week break to do whatever. Rode with Alex and liked it. That dude can get anyone to work.

First Page Last Page
Page 35 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.