Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,632 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
tbirdspur2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dodger02 said:

Elevated96 said:

I am pretty certain that calibration is different between Peloton bikes, so comparing output can be disheartening/deceiving. The good thing is that you're mostly competing against yourself.

And some dude who's 6'2" 220# is probably going to push some heavy resistance and run the kJ up much higher than a guy who's 5'10" 170#. I've seen some of these former athletes push ridiculous numbers. It's not uncommon to see them pushing 80-100% average resistance for 30-45 min rides with outputs well above 1000 kJ.

High kJ doesn't equate to better fitness.

Amen.
mrsbeer05
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

mrsbeer05 said:

I propose 45 min PZ ride with Denis Morton from 3/26/20

I'm down for this.
What time? 12?
tbirdspur2010
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

tbirdspur2010 said:

mrsbeer05 said:

I'm down for this.
What time? 12?

12:12 PM (CST)! I'll be on at noon setting up tho.
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

mrsbeer05 said:

tbirdspur2010 said:

mrsbeer05 said:

I'm down for this.
What time? 12?

Wish I could join, I'll be at work.
mrsbeer05
AG
Dalton Hughes said:

tbirdspur2010 said:

mrsbeer05 said:

tbirdspur2010 said:

mrsbeer05 said:

I'm down for this.
What time? 12?

Wish I could join, I'll be at work.
Seems like a good TexAgs article and you would need to get first hand experience to be able to write it.
aggiemeg06
AG
Got my bike in February and this will be my 75th ride! I've actually never done Power Zone, so I have no idea what to expect, but I'll join and try to keep up!
tbirdspur2010
AG
aggiemeg06 said:

Got my bike in February and this will be my 75th ride! I've actually never done Power Zone, so I have no idea what to expect, but I'll join and try to keep up!

Congrats on 75 rides! Great thing about PZ is there's no keeping up required! Just keep the consistent output that works for you! Hopping on in a sec. Username is "TbirdTrey" on the leaderboard, using the #TexasAggies hashtag!
tbirdspur2010
AG
Let's get it, Ags!

txags92
AG
Sorry guys. Got a flurry of work calls right as i was about to get up to get ready to ride. Have fun!
JoeOlson
AG
Rode this morning because I have some calls this afternoon that I need to prep for, but I'm definitely a fan of jumping on group rides. Added you - congrats on the upcoming addition!

I'll try to join next time.
tbirdspur2010
AG
No grinning after THAT!

GOOD BULL, PlayMoreMetal and megbmedina!

aggiemeg06
AG
You guys killed it! Loved my first PZ ride!
bthotugigem05
AG
It was fun working hard and the cracking up at tbird lapping is, killer output!

Happy 75th Meg, lets do a big group ride this weekend!
mrsbeer05
AG
I'm so mad I missed it! Kid had a class call I thought was a 1
Nitro Power
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

It was fun working hard and the cracking up at tbird lapping is, killer output!

Happy 75th Meg, lets do a big group ride this weekend!
I am down with that. I have a milestone coming up, if anyone cares to join me for that
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
mrsbeer05
AG
bthotugigem05
AG
Milestone ride it is, you pick it and we'll join!
dodger02
AG
Dude, how big a boy are you...?

You're going to lap me ten times over. I don't like losing.
StringerBell
AG
Anyone done any good climb rides? I'm in this four week power zone thing they have through peloton but now I'm intrigued by climbs. I hate them but maybe it will be fun?
bthotugigem05
AG
StringerBell said:

Anyone done any good climb rides? I'm in this four week power zone thing they have through peloton but now I'm intrigued by climbs. I hate them but maybe it will be fun?
[Narrator]: It wasn't fun.

Ben has a few that are simply brutal.
StringerBell
AG
Got it

Gonna try one tomorrow. I've got a 30 minute power zone and i like to be on the bike for at least 45. I'll find a 15 minute climb to see how much I hate myself.
txags92
AG
StringerBell said:

Christine isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you like her, she has a good climb that is great of you just want a long slow grind. Some of the others do shorter hills, but i want to say she had us grinding for something like 27 minutes non stop. I think it was a 45 mins class, but cant remember for sure. Look at the profiles in my history and you should see it last year i think.
txaggie05
AG
StringerBell said:

Wilpers has some good ones. 3/6/20 was a 45 min Alpe D'Huez (I think...don't remember 100%) ride that's a good time.
Nitro Power
AG
StringerBell said:

Some of Christians summer rides were simulations of rides he has done in the past. Been a while since I have taken one, but it's some of his earlier stuff. Pretty good climb wise.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
tbirdspur2010
AG
dodger02 said:

Dude, how big a boy are you...?

You're going to lap me ten times over. I don't like losing.

Remember Tra Carson? Basically his height/frame/build, but slightly heavier (hence the need for me to go hard on the Peloton lol). Only I prefer playing basketball to football.

ETA: I'm competitive, but I've been purposefully planning rides where I put away the leaderboard (which is unusual for me). No matter how many kjs you end up with, there's always room for improvement. Looking directly at my fatass in the mirror on that score. And if I feel maxed out, I just need to unfiltered the leaderboard for a few seconds to see who's really putting in work and showing I can get to a whole 'nother level.
dodger02
tbirdspur2010
AG
Did my first Christine ride last week. She's awesome.
JoeOlson
AG
IMO, the climb is probably the best way to hit your PRs. If you don't mind out of saddle at a high resistance for a long period, it's fantastic.
StringerBell
AG
I just can't keep any consistency in cadence when I'm out of the saddle. Need to get better at that.
Nitro Power
AG
When I was a beginner, I loved riding out of the saddle because I thought it was "easier". I have learned a ton since then and prefer the be in the saddle at an 85-95 cadence.
Nitro Power
AG
Don't feel bad about that. I can't maintain cadence, power or really anything else out of the saddle. I will be anywhere from low low Z2 to low Z4 out of the saddle (when I'm supposed to be Z2)
txags92
AG
In terms of efficiency for anything other than very short sprint efforts, you are much more efficient in the saddle. You have to engage a lot more muscles to stabilize yourself out of the saddle, which robs the ones generating the power of oxygen that they could otherwise put toward pedaling faster. There is value in standing briefly from time to time to let some of your muscles rest and change which groups are carrying the load, but if you are standing longer than 30-45 seconds at a time in a climb type effort, you are losing efficiency.
Spinnaker96
AG
Sorry I didn't make the 12:12 ride today. I ended up taking the FTP test, and I can assure you that I would've rather been riding with y'all. I'll make sure to make time for the next one.
AgFB
AG
How'd it go? I'm delaying mine as long as possible this week to recover more. Hope to take a day off before.
StringerBell
AG
did a 15 minute climb with ben

i will no longer be doing any more climbs

respect my decision no interviews
First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.