Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,673 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dave99ag said:

Definitely look at the Power Zone (not PZ Endurance) and Power Zone Max rides with Matt Wilpers or Christian Van de Velde. Those will put you in intervals above FTP. Also, remember that your FTP on the Peleton may not translate to your FTP on your bike / Zwift. They may be similar, but could be off by 10-20w.
i am guessing it is more than 10-20w
dodger02
AG
Need an HR monitor suggestion. The one that came with the bike is a POS. Been looking at the Garmin HRM-Dual.

I think the Peloton is compatible with Ant+. But I'm looking for suggestions. Don't need anything super fancy.
Ragoo
AG
Just Bluetooth works too.
Aggie09Derek
AG
https://www.scosche.com/rhythm-plus-heart-rate-monitor-armband

I was able to get mine on sale for like 35% off or something.

Nitro Power
AG
StringerBell said:

My brother in law has had his peloton for a couple of months longer than I have

He's also 10 years younger than me and ran track in college

Told him to take his ftp and his score is 40 points higher than mine which makes all the sense in the world and I'm trying to be rational about it but also I hate him I hate him I hate him so much

I don't really but still

I know what you are saying here, but that is the beauty of power zone training. If you are in you zone 3, I am in my zone 3, and Christian Vande Velde is in his zone 3, we are all working equally hard and all at different power output.

Oh and as you found out today, the FTP test sucks utter ass. Mine is coming up in a week or so...
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
RustyBoltz
AG
dodger02 said:

Need an HR monitor suggestion. The one that came with the bike is a POS. Been looking at the Garmin HRM-Dual.

I think the Peloton is compatible with Ant+. But I'm looking for suggestions. Don't need anything super fancy.
We use our Garmins to broadcast HR from the optical monitor in the watch. The Misses has an FR735 and I have a 935XT but I know the FR235 also will broadcast; not sure about the FR35. Wrist based HR works great - nothing extra to find and charge and the accuracy is really good.

I have a Polar OH1+ for Zwifting (AppleTV won't pick of HR broadcast from watch) and I really like its form factor and functionality as well.
gvine07
AG
My wife and I both got the scosche rhythm+ and I've only had 1 ride with an issue with it (not sure if the issue was the hr monitor or the bike).

I also have a Garmin vivosmart hr+ watch that's a few years old that I wear all the time. Both are typically within 1 or 2 bpm. If you already have a decent watch, it may work with the bike.
94chem
Just ordered a $137 recumbent bike from Amazon. Hope they have it in stock soon. Should give me an option on those long run days when there's no reason to put wear on the tread.
aggiedrew08
AG
dodger02 said:

The Garmin HRM-Dual is what I've had for over a year now and works great.
txags92
AG
I recently bought a Wahoo TickerFit armband optical HR monitor and it has been very accurate and more comfortable than wearing a chest strap HR monitor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078GRMFSN
mrsbeer05
AG
Wilpers commented on my IG post today. Totally a fan girl moment.
mrsbeer05
AG
Spinnaker96
AG
Looking forward to next week's FTP. Gonna do the 90-min for the challenge today to get plenty rested (besides an outdoor ride on Saturday)

Glad to see so many on here and so many #texasaggies folks on the bike.
dodger02
AG
I couldn't get today's live ride with Jenn to stream well. So I did a ride with Irene Scholz.

Sie sprach kein Englisch und ich spreche kein Deutsch. Sie lacht viel.
txaggie05
AG
Elevated96 said:

Looking forward to next week's FTP. Gonna do the 90-min for the challenge today to get plenty rested (besides an outdoor ride on Saturday)

When they rolled out the tags functionality I thought it was going to be gimmicky and not add a lot of value, but I really like how they've implemented it and made it useful for filtering the leaderboard, etc. Always glad send high fives the way of my #TexasAggies crew
Nitro Power
AG
Group FTP Ride?
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
bthotugigem05
AG
How about a group ride on the 12th of the month at 12:12pm?
tbirdspur2010
AG
txaggie05 said:

Elevated96 said:

When they rolled out the tags functionality I thought it was going to be gimmicky and not add a lot of value, but I really like how they've implemented it and made it useful for filtering the leaderboard, etc. Always glad send high fives the way of my #TexasAggies crew

The leaderboard filtering is outstanding RE: hashtags. I'm very leaderboard-driven as it is, so being able to pare it down by hashtag community (while still knowing where I stand overall) is fantastic.

#TexasAggies crew is no joke! Some damn animals up in there. Do work, Ags!
StringerBell
AG
just did my first live ride with Alex and that was fun as *****
dodger02
AG
I saw you String...over my shoulder.
StringerBell
AG
lmao I looked at the top of the leaderboard and saw yalls numbers and thought to myself "I have no clue how in the **** they do that"
Nitro Power
AG
Any of you see the new Peloton Quest thing they came out with? Seems pretty fun. I am not sure why, but I like collecting the badges.
mrsbeer05
AG
I was so excited until I saw the first one was a stupid tread run and we gave our treadmill away
BQ2001
AG
which one is it? I pretty much just have been doing tread runs.
mrsbeer05
AG
I don't know. The clue said it was an artist themed run and I didn't look into it any more because we no longer have a treadmill.
mrsbeer05
AG
I don't know. The clue said it was an artist themed run and I didn't look into it any more because we no longer have a treadmill.
minetta
AG
There's a ride too for the first clue. Think Robin's.
Nitro Power
AG
Robins Lizzo Ride I believe
A New Hope
Just started cycling again after a 15 year hiatus. Hard part for me is what to do when it's hot outside. A lot of hard core peloton riders here. I'm considering buying one.

Is it honestly worth the cost? $2500 upfront then $500 a year and prob going up every couple years. In 10 years, the bike will be worth near nothing, so total cost at that point would be $7500-8000.

Still worth it vs just buying a high bike and sucking it up when it's hot outside?

Thanks in advance.
bthotugigem05
AG
I've really enjoyed having mine during quarantine, to the degree I'm probably going to cancel my CrossFit membership when this is all over.
dodger02
AG
Aaaaaahhhhhh!

The rules are you can't post the math! It's on page 1: "No posting of the math that makes you realize how *******ed expensive the bike is."
gvine07
AG
I don't think the typical Peloton owner is/was a hard core bicyclist.

If I were you I would think of it as a total different workout. I imagine some of it translates, but it's more of a convenient effective aerobic workout with a great instructor.

It's more than worth it if you use it, worthless if you don't.
txags92
AG
gvine07 said:

I don't think the typical Peloton owner is/was a hard core bicyclist.

If I were you I would think of it as a total different workout. I imagine some of it translates, but it's more of a convenient effective aerobic workout with a great instructor.

It's more than worth it if you use it, worthless if you don't.
Typical owner? Probably not. But there are plenty of serious riders out there using them. The power zone workouts and some of the others like the pro cyclist rides are legit and will make you a stronger rider outdoors.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Fedup said:

Just started cycling again after a 15 year hiatus. Hard part for me is what to do when it's hot outside. A lot of hard core peloton riders here. I'm considering buying one.

Is it honestly worth the cost? $2500 upfront then $500 a year and prob going up every couple years. In 10 years, the bike will be worth near nothing, so total cost at that point would be $7500-8000.

Still worth it vs just buying a high bike and sucking it up when it's hot outside?

Thanks in advance.

Stop trolling. You already have on this thread that got deleted by mods and made a similar post on the biz board too.
htxag09
AG
Fedup said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Fedup said:

Thanks in advance.

Stop trolling. You already have on this thread that got deleted by mods and made a similar post on the biz board too.
Wtf? Posting a legit question is trolling and gets posts deleted? What? Does peloton sponsor this site or something? You guys get paid to blindly support the company? That's just nuts. Seems like a legit question...is bike worth $8000 over 10 years. I'm guessing If you resort of personal attacks, then you're someone who bought one, is stuck with it and regrets it.

If you're a member of a gym that's $100 a month and use it multiple times a week is it still a complete waste of $9,600 at the end of 10 years?

Not everything in life is is about investment and simple $$$ return on investment.
First Page Last Page
Page 31 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.