Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,543 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
texas_ute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just added the #TexasAggies tag also. Peloton user name same as TexAgs user name.
Nitro Power
AG
Added
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
singer10
AG
Added #TexasAggies. Username is jwuno
Nitro Power
AG
Done
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
tbirdspur2010
AG
Followed you and texas_ute. Let's get it! #TexasAggies
YellAg2004
AG
So I'm fixing to sign up for the June Power Zone Challenge. Do you get to pick the team you're on? Or do they assign you to a team?
minetta
AG
You can pick a team if you know one you want to be on. Or list friends you want to be with. Or you can let them randomly assign.
AgFB
AG
See if you can request FloRiders. We've dominated like 5 in a row so we are kind of a big deal.

LB: TheRuffRider
tbirdspur2010
AG
Why are power zones so brutal? And why do I love them so much?
Jtd08
AG
Well, after lurking on here for awhile, you guys have convinced me to join the cult! Ordered the bike last night, and can't wait to give it a shot. Unfortunately, scheduling has been a headache due to website issues but I finally got through to their support team this morning. The earliest option is currently July 10th, but I am hoping they can fit me in before then.

Thanks for all the info so far!

Peloton U/N - travisd993
bthotugigem05
AG
Did my first 90-minute PZ endurance ride with my new zones, and whew...

PR'd by 200 pelotons or whatever the units are called.
Nitro Power
AG
90 mins is a lot of saddle time on a stationary bike
XpressAg09
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

PR'd by 200 pelotons or whatever the units are called.
kilojoules? They're a real unit of measurement.
StringerBell
AG
did the intro power zone ride yesterday

did a 30 minute club bangers ride today. took it easy.

doing the ftp test tomorrow

dodger02
AG
Make sure you do an FTP warmup ride beforehand.
AgFB
AG
And have the wife around in case you pass out.
AgFB
AG
W7R1 PZ Max was legit today. I rated it a 9/10 difficulty.

Only 10 I've done is the FTP.
StringerBell
AG
Yep that's the two rides tomorrow. The warm up and then the test.
Nitro Power
AG
AgFB said:

W7R1 PZ Max was legit today. I rated it a 9/10 difficulty.

Only 10 I've done is the FTP.

Sounds...awesome...

I took the last two days off. Legs were sore (which is extremely rare even when I was doing squats and a full leg day) and just overall mental fatigue. Should be ready to finish up the next two weeks starting tomorrow.
Build It
AG
So how many on here jumped in 2 years ago and haven't been on it in a year? The wife wants one and I can't see her sticking with it. But happy wife happy life. What's a slightly used one going to cost me?
DeLaHonta
AG
I bought mine in April of 2017, and I use it just as much now as I did when I first got it. If I don't feel like going all out on a class, I'm a big fan of hopping on in the evening and riding while I watch TV. Compared to my trainer, it's silent, so I don't have to wear headphones, which is nice.
The Pilot
AG
Ragoo just bought a used one, so hopefully he'll chime in. I bought used but got a stupid good deal.
aggiedrew08
AG
I got mine spring 2019 and have been a fairly regular user of it.
Nitro Power
AG
Build It said:

So how many on here jumped in 2 years ago and haven't been on it in a year? The wife wants one and I can't see her sticking with it. But happy wife happy life. What's a slightly used one going to cost me?

I got mine December 2018, used it January 2019. It looked like a waste of money, but once I really got into it and found what I liked I was hooked. There have been some lags, but for the most part I have been pretty consistent.
gvine07
AG
The people who quit riding probably aren't checking for updates.

We had a baby in July, got the Peloton in late August, but I didn't start riding very often until January (part of that was having a newborn). I've really come to like it during pandemic and I'm hoping it stays in my routine when everything's back to normal.

One of my friends pointed out that the resell value of them is pretty much the price - taxes and delivery, so there was very little risk. Worse case scenario you're out ~$400 if you can be patient.

StringerBell
AG
Neat article https://www.golfchannel.com/news/cant-quarantine-hustle-meet-alex-toussaint-tours-de-facto-trainer-peloton
AgFB
AG
Good to see you made it post FTP.
StringerBell
AG
that was hard. fun but hard.

after it was over i felt like i could have given more but in the moment i was dying. gonna go through the four week training program and give it another try.
dave99ag
AG
They do a pretty good job pacing you through the effort, but it's always hard the first time.

You should see a good jump in FTP for your next test as you'll have been riding more and figuring out your zones.

Back when I was riding A LOT, my FTP test consisted of a warm-up and then two 20 minute efforts with a 2' rest between. I'd take the average of the two intervals for my FTP. Hurt like a mofo, but gave me a good idea of my hour output.

Eventually those gains will get smaller and smaller, but right now enjoy those improvements!
dodger02
AG
I'm minutes away from doing his live ride at 11am. Gonna try not to die chasing the pros if I can find any on here.

I smoked Danny Kanell a few days ago. Hate that guy.

ETA: I only found Damien Woody in my M/40 filter. Didn't die. Just missed a PR even though I thought the workout was a doozy.
RustyBoltz
AG
dave99ag said:

They do a pretty good job pacing you through the effort, but it's always hard the first time.

I just made an account on the Ms' bike because she wanted to see what I thought. I'm interested to do an FTP test and compare it with my Zwift results.

I do find the beginner rides in the PZ program and Beginner programs to be underwhelming. I'd like to get into some harder interval classes to see if it can offer some more enjoyment and benefits over Zwifting.
txags92
AG
RustyBoltz said:

dave99ag said:

I just made an account on the Ms' bike because she wanted to see what I thought. I'm interested to do an FTP test and compare it with my Zwift results.

I do find the beginner rides in the PZ program and Beginner programs to be underwhelming. I'd like to get into some harder interval classes to see if it can offer some more enjoyment and benefits over Zwifting.
Do the FTP test, then go try some of the power zone or power zone max classes. You won't walk away underwhelmed. Or try some of Christian Vandevelde's pro-cyclist rides. He can take some deceptively simple sounding intervals and make you really hurt.
dave99ag
AG
Definitely look at the Power Zone (not PZ Endurance) and Power Zone Max rides with Matt Wilpers or Christian Van de Velde. Those will put you in intervals above FTP. Also, remember that your FTP on the Peleton may not translate to your FTP on your bike / Zwift. They may be similar, but could be off by 10-20w.
StringerBell
AG
My brother in law has had his peloton for a couple of months longer than I have

He's also 10 years younger than me and ran track in college

Told him to take his ftp and his score is 40 points higher than mine which makes all the sense in the world and I'm trying to be rational about it but also I hate him I hate him I hate him so much

I don't really but still
Ragoo
AG
Build It said:

we paid 1800 for a barely used Gen2. No idea if that is a good price. It was close, cheaper than new, and got it same day instead of waiting a month or more.
First Page Last Page
Page 30 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.