Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,487 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Under Armour Men's HeatGear Armour 2.0 6-inch Compression Shorts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FFL45PY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rb4PEb6MFY81B

dodger02
AG
Here's an alternative. 3 shorts for the price of one UA:

Neleus Men's Compression Shorts Pack of 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074TGB1JQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ih4PEbNTR1TJ8

These have served me well.
The Pilot
AG
I've tried the compression shorts avenue, just not worth saving a few bucks for comfort IMO.
StringerBell
AG
do compression shorts without the padding really make that much of a difference?
The Pilot
AG
I think they do.
StringerBell
AG
Will try them tomorrow. Longest ride I've done is 45 minutes and didn't have any issues but hey I'm all for the nethers being a little more comfy
AgFB
AG
I have three different pairs and these are my favorite.

sponeed Men's Cycling Shorts Padded Bicycle Riding Pants Bike Biking Clothes Cycle Wear Tights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LY3R2I6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Y57PEbXCPEXEE
minetta
AG
New feature! Tags. I created #TexasAggies if anyone wants to join... Share to any other Aggie riders you know!

https://members.onepeloton.com/tags/TexasAggies?utm_source=ios_app&utm_medium=in_app
dodger02
AG
Done
mrsbeer05
AG
added
singer10
AG
I wear these same Under Armour Compressions Shorts and took off the saddle that came with the Peloton and put this one on and I have no problems at all with numbness or pain on any length ride.

https://www.amazon.com/Serfas-Mens-Road-Comfort-Saddle/dp/B001T4Z876/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=serfas+rx-921v&qid=1588095197&sr=8-1
Jethro95
AG
Done
StringerBell
AG
anyone ever have their bike freeze up on them? was in the middle of a really good workout and then the damn thing went black. took like 10 minutes to get it back to normal but the time was done by then.
The Pilot
AG
Would happen from time to time when our bike was in the garage. I figured it was related to the internet connection.
AggieOO
i've had the video freeze or go out (audio and/or timer continues) several times. Its annoying. Definitely internet/wireless related.
aTm2004
AG
Ragoo said:

After kicking the idea around my wife has decided she wants to join the cult. Before dropping money on a new bike is anyone looking to offload a gen2?

Thanks
Honest question...why does it have to be a Pelaton bike? We bought a spin bike from a gym that was closing for about $600, and my wife just subscribes to the Pelaton app to stream rides via mirroring her phone on the TV in our workout room.
AggieOO
it doesn't have to be, but tracking metrics during a ride are a lot easier with the peloton bike.
aTm2004
AG
Makes sense.
Ragoo
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ragoo said:

After kicking the idea around my wife has decided she wants to join the cult. Before dropping money on a new bike is anyone looking to offload a gen2?

Thanks
Honest question...why does it have to be a Pelaton bike? We bought a spin bike from a gym that was closing for about $600, and my wife just subscribes to the Pelaton app to stream rides via mirroring her phone on the TV in our workout room.
it didn't have to be. But that is what she wanted and if getting what she wants provides enough motivation to stick with it then that is what I will buy her.

We bought a used one for $1800.
txags92
AG
If you have a power meter, cadence, and resistance readout on the spin bike or trainer, then no, you don't "NEED" the peloton bike. But as was said above, it is much more convenient on the peloton bike to have it all there in front of you on one screen. Particularly when it comes to doing power zone work, it is much easier using the peloton because it calculates and shows your zones on the screen automatically.
aTm2004
AG
Yeah, the one we have has the computer with resistance, cadence, distance, etc. She has a printout on the wall for what each Peloton gear/resistance corresponds to her bike's. She originally wanted one, and I was like "uhhhhhh...let's see what other options are out there." She used to do a lot of spin classes when we met and were first married, so when she found this bike being the exact one our old gym had, she was good with it.

At the end of the day, it's all a personal choice for us all, and as long as we're all happy, it's good.
AgFB
AG
I'm thinking about trying that one as well. My saddle has the squeaks and I can't seem to remedy it.

Also...you compression shorts guys would go nuts over a pair or riding bibs with the padded butt. Best of both worlds (I ride in compression shorts too about every other day).
dave99ag
AG
I've been riding for nearly 25 years. I once did a ride in compression shorts. Once! Since then it's been bib shorts and there's no other option.
Discovery77
AG
Added
#SeaYaSoon
Ragoo
AG
I mean I use an old laptop, $450 used road bike, and $600 smart trainer. I ride Zwift and TriDot workouts. I am in it for far less than the peloton AND I have a bike that actually has utility outside. But she wanted a peloton. NBD
easttexasaggie04
AG
Are we gonna make a hashtag?
AgFB
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Are we gonna make a hashtag?
it's TexasAggies...geez pay attention
easttexasaggie04
AG
Sorry Bro!
AggieOO
Ragoo said:

I mean I use an old laptop, $450 used road bike, and $600 smart trainer. I ride Zwift and TriDot workouts. I am in it for far less than the peloton AND I have a bike that actually has utility outside. But she wanted a peloton. NBD

I'd rather have gone smart trainer route, but I know the wife wouldn't use it bc she said it was too hard to set up. We both have road and tri bikes already. Whatever...we spent way more money, but better than her not using it.
Ragoo
AG
AggieOO said:

Ragoo said:

I'd rather have gone smart trainer route, but I know the wife wouldn't use it bc she said it was too hard to set up. We both have road and tri bikes already. Whatever...we spent way more money, but better than her not using it.
the last phrase hits the nail on the head
Nitro Power
AG
2x 8 minute Zone 4 intervals is no joke.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
tbirdspur2010
AG
Shout out to minetta for the #TexasAggies hashtag! First one I searched for when I heard about the new feature. Let's grow it! We're +100 over the sips' hashtag as of right now haha.

Anyone feel free to add me on Peloton. I'm new to the H&F board, but not to TexAgs. Not new to spin, but new to Peloton. Loving it so far! "TbirdTrey" on there.
Nitro Power
AG
Added
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
AgFB
AG
At least you get those 10 minute breaks in sweet spot
tbirdspur2010
AG
I see you!
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.