Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,700 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tell her to redo the class and record the segment on her phone.
bthotugigem05
AG
Those are the actual instructors high-fiving you
dave99ag
AG
I just found it interesting that he didn't show up on the ride. I guess they can open classes people are riding and high-five them. It'd be interesting to see what they see from their side.
dodger02
AG
I got a high five from Dennis in a PZ class last week.

ETA: Christine, too, during a PZ ride this morning.
txags92
AG
I heard Dr Beer get a live shout out from Matt in one of the recent on demand classes I took. But I've never seen a high five from one of them.
aggiemeg06
AG
I got a high five from Ben Alldis during an encore class last week. I figured they were getting on and high-fiving during the encore classes.
Nitro Power
AG
Was wondering the same. Also, I get high fives back from people I never high fived in the first place
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
bthotugigem05
AG
You may have hit some streak or milestone, which will pop up on other people's feeds
mrsbeer05
AG
txags92 said:

I heard Dr Beer get a live shout out from Matt in one of the recent on demand classes I took. But I've never seen a high five from one of them.

It was probably Dennis, not Matt. Dennis is much more attractive and I like hearing him say my name
txags92
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

txags92 said:

It was probably Dennis, not Matt. Dennis is much more attractive and I like hearing him say my name
That could be. I think it was a power zone class, so it could have been either of them.
singer10
AG
Today's 60 minute ride was a good one. However, I just looked at the week 6 schedule that got put up and it makes week 5 looks like a breeze.
AgFB
AG
So I've heard. I'm doing the Pelofondo deal on Saturday too.

Some of the peeps on my team doing 9 rides of week in a "5 ride a week" competition are nuts. I get the AR ride in and need a break.
StringerBell
AG
Haven't tried the peloton heart rate monitor but my old orange theory one is pissing me off. Probably just a battery thing but I downloaded the BlueHeart app and am gonna try using my Apple Watch tomorrow when I ride.

Another questionwe got the 2 3lb weights with our package. Are those enough for the rides that include arm work? I would think they wouldn't be for me but I saw the instructor with two in one hand and thought that maybe it would be one of those things that looks simple but ends up kicking my ass.
dodger02
AG
StringerBell said:

Another questionwe got the 2 3lb weights with our package. Are those enough for the rides that include arm work? I would think they wouldn't be for me but I saw the instructor with two in one hand and thought that maybe it would be one of those things that looks simple but ends up kicking my ass.
For the "intervals & arms" workouts...yes. 3# is fine. There are some routines for which you'll think you can move up to 5# and you probably can. But those workouts are intended to be high rep, low weight.

There are dedicated on-demand upper body routines using heavier weights. For those integrated into cycling classes, the 3# are often plenty.
StringerBell
AG
good deal. thank you.
Nitro Power
AG
What is this Pelofondo thing?
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
A New Hope

[That's your decision but it's our decision to not let you troll on this thread. Thank you to the posters that used the voting function. -Staff]
The Pilot
AG
Nitro Power
AG
A troll on this thread? What happened?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Guy has a history of interesting posts to say the least.
txags92
AG
The Pilot said:

That gif always reminds me of this one.
Absolute
AG
We're going to buy one. Anyone wanna share a code?
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Absolute said:

We're going to buy one. Anyone wanna share a code?
2MUGU3
Absolute
AG
Thanks!
AGGIE WH08P
AG
What are y'all doing for syncing your Apple Watch to the Peloton? I watched a video about using BlueHeart app to make your Apple Watch a Bluetooth device and sync it. Seems to work. Any other work around?

I did download the peloton app on my phone and watch but can't say that I noticed my calorie burn info on the big bike screen itself.
StringerBell
AG
Used BlueHeart for the first time today and it worked great. Will continue using that
AgFB
AG
Basically a really long ride. People sign up for 25-100 miles. Link below for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pelofondo/?ref=share
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
I can't echo the sentiment of padded shorts enough... completely different experience lol.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Once you power through without them for a couple weeks it's much better and you don't have to worry about using padded shorts each time.
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Oh, for sure. I think I'm going to save them for when I go 45+ minute rides.
The Pilot
AG
Do people doing longer bike rides not use padded shorts? I'm very much a novice biker but I figured they all used padded shorts or bibs.
Spinnaker96
AG
Most of my rides are 45 minutes or longer and I almost always wear bike shorts. I like them for the padding, but I also feel like the compression helps.
txags92
AG
I wear bibs for every ride. But then, I have been riding for years, so I have accumulated a bunch of different sets from various MS150 teams, etc. So I could ride every day for more than a week before I have to do cycling laundry.
YellAg2004
AG
Anytime I ride in anything other than cycling shorts, the shorts ride up and make things pretty uncomfortable. I have to stand up and pull things back down every few minutes, which is annoying. That alone makes the cycling shorts worth it to me. The chamois is just an added bonus.
Ragoo
AG
I don't peloton but I ride my road bike on an indoor trainer with tri shorts.
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.