Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

463,798 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love my bike and it is of high quality.
htxag09
AG
Matsui said:

I love my bike and it is of high quality.
I'll also add the customer service, when needed, has been great.

We had a minor issue, the pedal was making an odd noise. Sent a video to peloton customer service and they scheduled a tech to come out and replace the part. When he was here he noticed the screen wasn't level, we noticed it but never really bothered us. Either way, he ordered us new handlebars/screen mount and they came and replaced those when they arrived as well.
htxag09
AG
I will add...the biggest negative, to me at least, is there is nothing special about the bike, the value is really dependent on the instructors and content.

I'm already seeing it a little. My favorite instructor, by far, is Matt Wilpers. He seems to have way less rides now as he's more involved in the new rower. Now, there are absolutely other instructors I like. But does kind of show how much so the instructors are the real value....
BQ2001
AG
GeorgiAg said:

I was considering that as well, but they make you pay $44 each month for each device? I might do it if you only had to pay one monthly charge.

It's one $44 for both Tread and bike (and row and app). I think it's 6 users on the account too.
GeorgiAg
AG
BQ2001 said:

GeorgiAg said:

I was considering that as well, but they make you pay $44 each month for each device? I might do it if you only had to pay one monthly charge.

It's one $44 for both Tread and bike (and row and app). I think it's 6 users on the account too.
hmmmm. interesting.

I know she'll use the bike all the time -- she already does, even on the crappy equipment we have. The treadmill is in the barn which is too cold in the winter to use, but I rather buy a new one than move it from the barn into my basement. The tread sucks and I've almost killed myself with the slippage and how long it takes to react to changes in speed. Plus I think a mouse or something has taken up residence in it. My dog is trying to shred it every time she's in the barn.

We've done spin classes before, so I know we'd use the instructors. I'm not sure about instruction on a treadmill.
BQ2001
AG
On the treadmill, my go to instructors are Becs Gentry, Matt Wilpers and Andy Speer. All of them are more "serious" runners. I tend to do a lot of the runs in the "endurance" category with the first 2, more interval or just good music with Andy.
I think their instructors are top notch.
billyjack2009
She will LOVE the bike and will have fun trying out different instructors' styles and music. I also love the app workouts off the bike.
GeorgiAg
AG
Also interesting for someone considering for Christmas

Quote:

From now until January 9th, we are running a limited-time offer for 0% financing on all term lengths! Based on approval, we offer 12, 24, 39, or 43-month payment terms depending on the product you select. It's a soft check on your credit score, no prepayment penalties, no late fees! You can make payments with a debit card or bank account, no credit cards.
AgLiving06
If you're in Houston I'm about to sell my original peloton bike.

I enjoyed it so much I trained myself into wanting to do tris and needed a real bike.
aggiespartan
AG
I did my first FTP test today. I think I'm pretty ok with the results, but how often are you guys doing the tests? Every couple months or so?
TraditionsPD
AG
Every couple of months (8-12 weeks). I have to do it when no one else in the house because everyone checks on me to make sure I am alive.
billyjack2009
Ha, I know what you mean. I tell everyone ahead of time not to talk to me and to keep the puppy away.
Vince Blake
aggiespartan said:

I did my first FTP test today. I think I'm pretty ok with the results, but how often are you guys doing the tests? Every couple months or so?

Congrats! Not an easy ride. I have one due next week. I typically retest every 8 to 12 weeks. Usually depends on how long the challenges run.
aggiespartan
AG
I want to start doing some power zone rides. I was doing some of the regular rides and following along with what the instructors were saying to do, and they've just felt too easy. Cody has been ok but I did an Alley Love ride and didn't feel like I got anything out of it.
TraditionsPD
AG
Kendall Heavy Metal Rides
https://members.onepeloton.com/classes/cycling?sort=difficulty&desc=true&modal=classDetailsModal&classId=e586bf884abb49cb90a1a1d62176c575

https://members.onepeloton.com/classes/cycling?sort=difficulty&desc=true&modal=classDetailsModal&classId=207da0d9db7d417fa1451e26352cb2fd

https://members.onepeloton.com/classes/cycling?sort=difficulty&desc=true&modal=classDetailsModal&classId=2be49c13f7734fca84272cdd48b39667

Enjoy
Nitro Power
AG
aggiespartan said:

I try to avoid FTP test at all cost

However, I am probably due...it won't be pretty
aggie_wes
AG
I've got an OG Peloton I'm listing soon for sale. We joined a gym and don't use it anymore. I'm in Fort Worth if interested. aggie (dot) Wes {at} Gmail
theeyetest
aggie_wes said:

I've got an OG Peloton I'm listing soon for sale. We joined a gym and don't use it anymore. I'm in Fort Worth if interested. aggie (dot) Wes {at} Gmail

Emailed
TRD-Ferguson
AG
aggiespartan said:

I used to do them every 6 to 8 weeks. Now I do them when I feel like the rides start to get easier. I'm 68 so I don't see a lot of change when I complete them. But not getting any weaker though!
GeorgiAg
AG
aggie_wes said:

Thanks and I would but I'm in the Atlanta area.
BQ2001
AG
I'm back on the Peloton bandwagon. Just got a refurb Bike+ yesterday. I had sold my original Peloton a year ago and had regretted it after using a bike trainer and an extra road bike. So I sold the trainer, an extra bike I had and got this one during Black Friday sales. Loving the auto resistance feature so far, plus having the running classes again on the treadmill.
GeorgiAg
AG
GF and I get the Peloton bike and treadmill today. Replacing our dumb devices. GF will definitely use the bike -- she rides the $200 Marcy piece of garbage now -- and we'll both use the treadmill. I hate stationary bikes, but I'll reserve judgment until later. My main issue was boredom compared to a real bike. I don't mind a treadmill for some reason.

Sold the old treadmill that was out in the barn. Worked great for a lot of years. When I was moving it, a bunch of acorns fell out! Still worked though. Kind of a weird place to store acorns, Mr. squirrel.
htxag09
AG
GeorgiAg said:

GF and I get the Peloton bike and treadmill today. Replacing our dumb devices. GF will definitely use the bike -- she rides the $200 Marcy piece of garbage now -- and we'll both use the treadmill. I hate stationary bikes, but I'll reserve judgment until later. My main issue was boredom compared to a real bike. I don't mind a treadmill for some reason.

Sold the old treadmill that was out in the barn. Worked great for a lot of years. When I was moving it, a bunch of acorns fell out! Still worked though. Kind of a weird place to store acorns, Mr. squirrel.
This is odd, I'm the complete opposite!
BQ2001
AG
Pre kid, I would only ride outdoors. I had a trainer but it was terrible. Later on I got a Peloton bike and it was great, engaging classes that flew by. Got rid of it when I was cutting down on subscription costs and got a direct drive trainer for my bike and used Zwift. That was always so boring to me but safer than going outside so I made due. Now back on the Peloton bike and really like riding again.

On the treadmill I have no issues either way. Run and watch a football game, Netflix, Peloton app, zone out, they are all the same to me.
htxag09
AG
I will say that I love riding outside. However, it's a bit of a hassle. Between getting dressed, airing the tires, etc., it's a process. Then add that there is really nowhere convenient to do it. I'm in central Houston and the roads are a death sentence. The trails are nice, and where I do ride, but still a bit of a pain with all the pedestrians with their heads up their own ass and not paying attention.

The classes on the Peloton are enjoyable to me and make me look forward to it.

Treadmills......I dread. I lived close to memorial park (less than a mile) so just walk out my door and run there. I moved about 3 months ago but am now a mile from White Oak Bayou. I enjoy just being outside and clearing my head on the run. Even if I'm watching a football game, movie, etc., I just despise treadmills.
aggiespartan
AG
I did my first power zone ride today. I'm not sure if I did my power zone test correctly because when they said it should feel kind of hard, it was still relatively easy.
TraditionsPD
AG
after the 20 minute test if no one checked to see if you died or are in need of medical assistance you did not do it right
Vince Blake
Test day. Lungs felt like roadkill left out on I-35 in the middle of August afterwards. Did come away with a 9 point increase so worth it.
Matsui
AG
Loving these holiday themed rides
GeorgiAg
AG
Ugh. Have a bad cold and can't use it. Very cool though. Glad we got it.
AgLiving06
aggiespartan said:

I did my first power zone ride today. I'm not sure if I did my power zone test correctly because when they said it should feel kind of hard, it was still relatively easy.

Did you do a power zone ride or the ftp test?
aggiespartan
AG
Ride. I did the test last week.
AgLiving06
Which ride did you do?

A PZE ride is meant to be easy. PZ and above get quite hard.
aggiespartan
AG
I did a 30 minute power zone ride with Sam.
aggiespartan
AG
I did a 30 minute power zone ride with Sam.
First Page
Page 120 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.