Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Houston Marathon

12,659 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tamuags08
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Registered.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Proud that I shaved 30 minutes off from last year. I think I will only run halfs from now on. Told myself the only full I will do again is in Greece.
tamuags08
AG
First full in the books at 4:26:56. Probably one of the toughest physical things I've done. Not sure yet if I'll want to do another full again or just stick with half's, but I'd really like to get down to 4:15.

I'll probably end up signing up for 2019 as most of my running club does and it's almost a peer pressure thing
The Pilot
AG
No one wants to do another full the day after their first one. Give it some time.
wbt5845
AG
My first and only full was Houston a few years back.

Promised myself I'd never do another and have held to it.
wangus12
AG
My first full was a miserable, wet, cold, rainy 4:29 with my IT band giving out at mile 17 and I limped the rest of the way. That day sucked in almost every way. Couple months later I was watching the Boston Marathon and knew immediately that I wanted to give it another shot. Now I'm all in
The Pilot
AG
Exactly. I was happy to finish the marathon but I wasn't content with my finishing time, I knew I could do better.
htxag09
AG
Registered for '19!
NoahAg
Great job everyone! 3:40:56 for me. Best time in 6 years, and second best overall. Not bad for essentially shutting down the last four weeks after busting my tailbone snowboarding.

Thinking about restarting my training schedule next week, and signing up for OKC in April. A lot of work to do to get a BQ.
tamuags08
AG
Also registered for '19.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.