Boyhood Dream Cars

12,048 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Superdave1993
Jack Cheese
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry, hope my Monza comparison didn't offend
aTm_bomb
AG
Not just 1Ags but the whole forum. Auto Board license revoked.
jrrhouston98
AG
Notchback. Holy grail Fox body. Such an awesome car.
aTm2004
AG
My first car was a '91 Grand Am (great vehicle for a HS guy <roll eyes>). My aunt said she sell it to my parents for what the dealership was going to give her on trade in ($4k). My parents told me we'd go up that weekend to get it, but we could look around our area to see what was out there for the price. Looked at a few dealerships and private sellers and found a Cherokee that I liked, but it was like $5500 and the dealership wouldn't budge. They told my mom they had a Mustang they just got that was out getting detailed, so my mom stopped by the next day during lunch to see it. She told me she didn't think I'd like it. Turns out it was a '92 5.0 notchback. I was like HELL YEAH!, but they were in the process of selling it when we got there. Women.
GrapevineAg
AG
jrrhouston98
AG
Similar story. Was working a summer job for a home builder in Houston. The old man that owned the company had a K5 blazer in his shop he was willing to sell me. Black with tan interior. Told me he'd sell it to me for $5k. I begged my dad for a loan, I was only 16 and didn't have anywhere near the cash. Dad said nope. Old man sold it for close to $15k if memory serves me correct. I was devastated. Dad admitted after the fact it was a huge mistake. I wound up with a plain 94 YJ 4cyl jeep the dealer called a "beer can" 2 years later. Not a single option. Had 2 seats and 4 tires.
Buck Turgidson
When I was in Junior High my Dad bought a red RX7 - the first year they came on the market. I voluntarily spent entire Saturday's detailing it. I picked every damn piece of lint out of those black carpets by hand!

My first car that I was crazy about was the C-3 Corvette (I still have one in my garage today). In the 80's I really loved the C-4 Corvettes and Porsche 928's.
jefe95
AG
My eye doc drove one of those. I went to get contacts when I turned 16 and he had that in the parking lot.
Enfield
There was a blue and gray Mustang GT ('88-91) parked outside a house on Holleman, near Winding, when I was in high school in the mid-'90s. I had dreams about that car, lol.
Buck Turgidson
GrapevineAg said:

Of course, I loved the submarine version of that Lotus from James Bond.
HollywoodBQ
AG
aTm_bomb said:

For me its always been an E46 M3. Came out right after I started driving; wish I had pulled the trigger pre-kids; it would be a forever car. I know the baggage that comes with used BMWs but I would gladly accept them for one.

Oxford Green on Cinnamon interior

Steel Grey on Imola Red interior

I've only seen one ever in Green. It was in Australia.

I drove a Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 as my daily driver for two years before I moved to Australia in 2007. I still wish I had my car back.

You'll have to open the link in a new window because I don't have my https sorted out.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Since 1985 I've always wanted one of these. I still do. I don't even care if they aren't fast.

Same here since 1981. We are actually in the market and have been actively looking.

Get ready bal. You're gonna in for a problem.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
For me, it was always the blue w/ white stripes Viper GTS. I would buy DuPont Registry every month and cut out all the viper pictures in there. That was THE car. I was fortunate to make that dream come true.

The new dream car will most likely stay in my dreams. McLaren F1.

Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
Any child of the 80's
lotsofhp
AG
In middle school through highschool I loved the Camaro

Now I think they look like a doorstop. Even with the nostalgia of thinking they were so cool back then, I don't want one at all. Even with the LS1, pretty sure those cars were junk.
robertcope
I love cars a lot, all of them, but as a kid I never really had a "dream car on the wall". That said, the 308 is a car that I have consistently wanted over the years. I was finally able to buy one recently...

MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Being a 90's kid, I've always wanted a Diablo. Blue exterior with white interior.
I could probably pick up a high mileage one if it became available, but my old age has given me a strong conviction about no longer buying things that feed my vanity.
YouBet
AG
My best friend had a white 300ZX in high school. That car still looks cool and looks like it could be made right now from a styling point IMO.

Thinking back my buddy had that car and then there was a Delorian in our neighborhood and a Countach in the adjacent neighborhood. I had forgotten about that until I read this thread. What are the odds of that?
MrJonMan
AG
Growing up, 911

High school and college started liking the Corvette

1.5yrs after graduation (2009h I bought a 2002 Z06. She sits lonely in the corner of the garage. I refer to it as an old Chevy. Still a blast to drive when I do though.

Vipers are on the list as a future want.
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
Silvy
AG
Elementary I was about about the Viper GTS, of course blue w/ white stripes. Jr. high through thigh school, 1970 Chevelle SS with the OG LS6.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I can't believe it wasn't a 1989 Silverado extended cab.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
MyMamaSaid
AG
So many cars could make this list for me, but I always had a strong affinity for early 80s 911s with a whale tale. Alas, about 3 years ago one of my track buddies offered his 981 Cayman GT4 to me. While not a 80s whale tail 911, this definitely filled that want. This is a forever car for me and couldn't have been luckier to get this car. Only about 2500 made and about 2300 remain in the US per Rennlist.

Also love muscle cars as my cousins had a barn full of mopars. I bought this Tahoe new and have done tons of mods to it - another forever car. I always loved the 2 door K5 Blazers back in the early-mid 80s, and this filled that want.

MyMamaSaid
AG
Absolutely LOVED the mid-80s 5.0 coupe, especially in dark blue. Would love to get one with a manual and drop a blown 302 in it.
PharmD4
AG
XJ220 was the first car I dreamed about. First car poster too.

964 turbo was the first car I fell in love with. between that car and the model 959 that my grandpa gave me, it started quite the Porsche infatuation that is still strong almost 30 years later.
YouBet
AG
I had this poster on my wall along with a million other kids in the 80s.

insulator_king
AG
GMC Typhoon please.
Post removed:
by user
BenTheGoodAg
AG
That 959 ass, tho.
Rattler12

My first vehicle
EFE
AG
K Bo said:

This. So.much.this
AgBQ-00
AG
lotsofhp said:

In middle school through highschool I loved the Camaro

Now I think they look like a doorstop. Even with the nostalgia of thinking they were so cool back then, I don't want one at all. Even with the LS1, pretty sure those cars were junk.

Had a early 2000's SS with the SLP upgrades. Was a blast to drive.
Heights Ag 06
AG
MyMamaSaid - The buddy that sold you the GT4 - are his initials RM? If so, I hope the car is doing well. Was fortunate enough to spend some time behind the wheel and it's definitely a dream car of mine. Also, if so, wondering if we know each other haha
MyMamaSaid
AG
Yep, sure is! The car is fantastic and still 100% stock. It's amazing.

I live over in Rice Military and the GT4 replaced an OG M2 if any of that resonates. I've done a lot of Chin/Driver's Edge events with RM - that's how we met.
Heights Ag 06
AG
That resonates. I think we met at MSRH. I had an OG m2 as well. Then went thru cars faster than RM and currently in F80 m3. Hope to run into you (and the GT4!) soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.