Boyhood Dream Cars

12,018 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Superdave1993
Rattler12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie12B said:

American Graffiti came out when I was 9 years old. Milner's '32 Deuce Coupe has been my dream car ever since.
A buddy has a red one. Nice ride.
GrapevineAg
AG
Rattler12 said:

Aggie12B said:

American Graffiti came out when I was 9 years old. Milner's '32 Deuce Coupe has been my dream car ever since.
A buddy has a red one. Nice ride.
The one in the picture looks "sort of like a cross between piss yellow and puke green".
Rattler12
This was sort of a dream come true for me

AggieDruggist89
AG
This sold during the Monterey Car Week.

$475,000.

Air cargo to Switzerland.

That's Adam Mohr. And if you were ever in Monterey, you've driven by his shop and seen classic sports cars.

https://www.mohrimports.com/cars-sold/ford/2006-ford-gt-heritage-edition/1240.html

The Fife
Weren't they around 260K new? Price sounds about fair I guess.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Base of $150k. This was $170k
Jaydoug
AG
This. I bought it when I grew up.

Scriffer
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Another one is the Ferrari F355. The 5-valve flat plane crank V8 is one of the best sounding engines ever made. The 360 is close, but I give a slight edge to the F355. Would love to drive one with a six speed gated shifter. The lines are beautiful as well.

Would love to own a 360 or F430 with the gated shifter. F355 is too expensive to own due to engine out belt service and expensive manifold cracks.:

This is mine.

I grew up in a very normal middle class neighborhood, but my single next door neighbor was dating a dude with an F355. I mowed her lawn, and I still get sweaty palms thinking about doing the edging on the curb when it was parked there. Usually just skipped that piece altogether.

That was the car I learned to drive a stick on. Pretty weird sensation hopping out of a Ferrari after school to make marching band practice. One of my buddies got out of his mom's minivan and the same instant. The shame on his face is etched into both our brains forever.
Yesterday
AG
Great thread.

Graduated High School 2002 and had a 1974 Stingray hotrod but dreamed about the Zo6. Also had a 1990 Chevy stepside 4.6l rwd truck. Always wanted the V8 z71. Still do.

ItsA&InotA&M
Jaydoug said:

Great muscle car and one of favorites.

Did yours also have the speedometer on the hood like the one in the pic?

Or is that one yours?
lotsofhp
AG
Yesterday said:

Great thread.

Graduated High School 2002 and had a 1974 Stingray hotrod but dreamed about the Zo6. Also had a 1990 Chevy stepside 4.6l rwd truck. Always wanted the V8 z71. Still do.

My high school truck was a 98 Chevy 1500 single cab short bed with an LS1 swap. Man I loved that truck.
BBRex
AG
Let me add the Lamborghini Miura

tk for tu juan
993 Turbo
McLaren F1
Shelby Daytona Coupes
GT40

'65 Shelby GT350R

gggmann
AG
Always had a soft spot for the Porsche 930 w/ M505 option (aka slant nose).

When I was a kid back in the '80s I didn't dream of owning some exotic street car. I dreamed of driving the 956/962 down the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans:

Jaydoug
AG
ItsA&InotA&M said:

Jaydoug said:

Or is that one yours?

It's mine. Tach on the hood, but I installed Dakota digital gauges so it's disconnected. It's a true GTO, PHS docs verified, but the original car had no tach. Based on underlying paint, hood and right front quarter panel are not original. Likely got in a fender bender at some point in its life. Runs arrow straight, no frame issue.
91AggieLawyer
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Another one is the Ferrari F355. The 5-valve flat plane crank V8 is one of the best sounding engines ever made. The 360 is close, but I give a slight edge to the F355. Would love to drive one with a six speed gated shifter. The lines are beautiful as well.

Would love to own a 360 or F430 with the gated shifter. F355 is too expensive to own due to engine out belt service and expensive manifold cracks.:

One summer when I was in HS, a buddy of mine had just gotten a car. It was a 3 or 4 year old Mazda something that he was very proud of. He asked me to go with him and take some pictures of it. I had an OK camera setup and we went to a nice part of town and shot some pics at various locations. We were driving by one of the nicer hotels in the area and saw a Ferrari 308, I think, and so we got out and each took a pic of each other standing by the Ferrari like it was ours!
texsn95
AG
1st gen 3000gt TT 91-93, loved them in High School in the mid-90s, never got one but still browse them from time to time.

Also always wanted an 03 Terminator Cobra, Sonic blue but ended up with a blue M5 instead
NRH ag 10
AG
1988 Toyota 4runner, my first vehicle.

My 15 year old self was livid when my dad bought some old Toyota with 160k from ebay, but by the time I started driving it I loved it. I'd "offroad" it with my friends and it was fine while a friend's Montero broke a driveshaft. The rear seats folded down for plenty of room to sneak out and go pick up a girl for some late night fun. I'd turn it off at the top of my street, coast downhill in neutral, and build up enough speed to make a hard left then a right into our uphill driveway with enough juice to park it in the same spot when coming back home. That was when I learned how helpful power steering TRULY was and that it didn't work with the car off. Almost didn't make that first turn coating down our street!

Sadly the timing chain went, effed the valvetrain, and my dad refused to hear my pleas for a 350 Chevy swap.

I like to think my Tacoma is a spiritual successor.
WestTexasAg04
AG

1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

My love for all things Mopar started here and continues to this day. Currently in the market for a single cab, short bed, Hemi Ram 1500 with a 5 or 6 speed manual for my son. I'll be driving it to work until he turns 16 early next year.

gggmann
AG
OP - looked what popped up on BAT this week:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-nissan-300zx-twin-turbo-65/

Only 8K miles.

Raptor
AG

I know more about women than I do cars, so that tells you I know jack **** about either. But I do know this, I will own one of these beautiful vehicles before I die.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

aggieforester05
AG
Hate to tell you, but I don't think such a beast exists. They never put a manual behind the hemi in the 1500 to my knowledge. Would have to get a 2500, a 1500 with the 4.7L/5.2L, or a SRT-10. Preferably the latter!
f2foxes2001
AG
My then list:
89 fox body conv
94 k1500 ext cab z-71
66 gto with 389 3x2 set up

scd88
AG
Jaydoug said:

ItsA&InotA&M said:

Jaydoug said:

Or is that one yours?

It's mine. Tach on the hood, but I installed Dakota digital gauges so it's disconnected. It's a true GTO, PHS docs verified, but the original car had no tach. Based on underlying paint, hood and right front quarter panel are not original. Likely got in a fender bender at some point in its life. Runs arrow straight, no frame issue.

What a beautiful car. You must know how envious people like me (55 years old) are, right? Well done, sir. Just a fantastic car. Wow.
Flaith
AG
AC04+1

The Bad Boys 964 Turbo is my seminal boyhood dream car.

I've also loved Unimogs from the moment I learned they existed (sometime in the 90s)

PuryearAg98
AG
I mean... did you even 80's if you didn't want this truck?
Drip99
AG
PuryearAg98 said:

I mean... did you even 80's if you didn't want this truck?

I still want that truck
AgBQ-00
AG
Flaith said:

AC04+1

I've also loved Unimogs from the moment I learned they existed (sometime in the 90s)

Why does this look like a miniature model of this truck?
Flaith
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Flaith said:

AC04+1

touche
AgBQ-00
AG
Flaith said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Flaith said:

AC04+1

touche
I just now noticed the SCALEART sticker on the hood. HAHAHA!! Too funny.
chet98
AG

80's 911 convertible all the way!
gggmann
AG
gggmann said:

OP - looked what popped up on BAT this week:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-nissan-300zx-twin-turbo-65/

Only 8K miles.

It sold for $57K
Jaydoug
AG
scd88 said:

Jaydoug said:

ItsA&InotA&M said:

Jaydoug said:

Or is that one yours?

What a beautiful car. You must know how envious people like me (55 years old) are, right? Well done, sir. Just a fantastic car. Wow.

Thanks. Funny enough for a classic car they are still affordable right now.
Superdave1993
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

I got to live that dream for a while after I got out of A&M. Those coupes are getting hard to find.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.