Landcruisers

522,688 Views | 3498 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by AgCMT
Streetfighter 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes.
texrover91
AG
Gracias!
Corps_Ag12
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

1974 FJ40 FST

I offered $15k and he wasn't willing to go below $20k. I'm not sure if he sold it or not. Storage was his biggest issue and Smithville historical overlay wouldn't let him build a carport or garage.

Just read his thread and it's still for sale but stated someone had test drove it a month ago & will probably buy it. He posted not 5 minutes ago on page 3.
reddog90
AG
Yeah he replied to me. Wondering if it was streetfighter that test drove and he doesn't know?
reddog90
AG

Make this thread great again.
ILikeTacos
AG
Is that one for sale?
reddog90
AG
https://www.terra-cruisers.com/1978-fj43-v-b

no
Centerpole90
AG

The Wonderer
AG
Those have always been on my list. Hard to find one that hasn't been molested for less than a lot.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I drove it in June or July. It's not me he's talking about.
texrover91
AG
Nothing wrong with that!
Streetfighter 02
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BZ42tHpHtzX

I wonder how they installed the roll cage without moving the long jump seats.
ILikeTacos
AG
Centerpole90 said:

If I was starting over - I could get behind something like this. I know it's not the cool classic like the 40/43 et al, but the utility increases and it's not like driving a tractor to town.

https://instagr.am/p/BZ31XpahQnX
I don't know why but I have never dug the 60's.
Centerpole90
AG
I hear you, I didn't either for the longest when I saw more of them on the road. I think now that they're a little scarcer and dated they seem more appealing.
AG
Glad I'm not the only one. 40s look cool, 80's have good suspensions and drivetrains. 60's are just yuck 1980s vehicles where the chassis didn't evolve as quickly as the body. Only redeeming factor is they are probably the model Michael Chrichton was referring to in the Jurassic Park book.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I really like them but the interior is terrible. The 40 interior is so spartan it's cool. The very 80's interior on the 60-series is cheap plastic hell.
mrmill3218
AG
Can't believe all the 60 hate!

I think they are so dang cool.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I'd had a few FJ62's pass through my hands, and although they look cool they are :
slow
slow
wander all over the road
aTm2004
AG
Ok, I have to ask since I've been wondering. What is the difference between the LC and the Sequoia? Why is one so sought after while the other is just seen as a typical full-size SUV? I really like the early to late-00's in both vehicles.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
reddog90
AG
Corps_Ag12
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ok, I have to ask since I've been wondering. What is the difference between the LC and the Sequoia? Why is one so sought after while the other is just seen as a typical full-size SUV? I really like the early to late-00's in both vehicles.

LC has its own frame design that is shared with the global LC design while the Sequoia is built on the tundra truck frame.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
The Sequioa isnt near as well built or rugged as the LC.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I got the Warn 8274 hooked up to the battery yesterday after getting back from College Station. I need a new line, though. The one that came with it has several kinks. What does everyone recommend? Keep in mind I'll probably never use the winch unless one of my friends sticks his truck in the back yard.
KY AG
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

aTm2004 said:

LC has its own frame design that is shared with the global LC design while the Sequoia is built on the tundra truck frame.

Do you have a reference for that? To my knowledge, the LC frame is the same as the Tundra/Sequoia, only it's about 8 inches shorter. It's also made by Toyota rather than Dana, I believe.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
KY AG said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

aTm2004 said:

Do you have a reference for that? To my knowledge, the LC frame is the same as the Tundra/Sequoia, only it's about 8 inches shorter. It's also made by Toyota rather than Dana, I believe.
You are correct; the 200 Series uses a frame "derived" from the 2nd Gen tundra, and is 20% stiffer than the Tundra frame.
Furlock Bones
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

I got the Warn 8274 hooked up to the battery yesterday after getting back from College Station. I need a new line, though. The one that came with it has several kinks. What does everyone recommend? Keep in mind I'll probably never use the winch unless one of my friends sticks his truck in the back yard.
then stick with steel. synthetic is much less weight but it degrades with UV exposure.
mrmill3218
AG
If there is anyone in Dallas wanting to purchase an FJ40 let me know.

I'm not going to post pics or anything because I'm insanely busy right now.
texrover91
AG
Details?
mrmill3218
AG

Forest Green

Five Speed Transmission, power steering

Mileage unknown
Hagen95
AG
I had located a FJ40 in a storage unit that was owned by 3 brothers. It needed work obviously but had been kept indoors for 20+ years. I negotiated one brother on $3000 and he was on board. Too bad the other brothers weren't. One if finally restoring it now. So close.

I really want a BJ40 but can only find them in Costa Rica/South America.
Centerpole90
AG
I remember seeing on IG, but never followed, a student at A&M that had a red BJ40. He had pics of it @Hullabaloo, the Chicken, all around campus. Cool ride.
reddog90
AG
There are some BJs in mud classifieds. Also talk to one of these guys that imports trucks and see if they can help you.
texrover91
AG
mrmill3218 said:

Forest Green

Mileage unknown

Thank you -

Original motor and drivetrain?
Hardtop?
Running?
Tub Rust?
Price?
Location?

mrmill3218
AG
texrover91 said:

mrmill3218 said:

Forest Green

Mileage unknown

Thank you -

Original motor and drivetrain? Yes
Hardtop? Yes, also have bikini top, doors, and diamond plate tailgate
Running? Yes, like a top
Tub Rust? Not to my knowledge
Price? $20,000
Location? Lakewood - Skillman and University

Streetfighter 02
AG
There is a guy near Tyler that imports RHD diesels from Japan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.