Houston
Sponsored by

Barbers Hill

17,039 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Al Bula
TommyGun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bassmaster said:

Jack Pearson said:

AustinCountyAg said:

care to post it so we can read since it is behind a paywall?

6. We handled COVID the way your public school district didn't. We never shut down traditional learning and our students are NOT experiencing the emotional, educational detriment that almost every other school district experienced.

I don't care about the hair stuff, but found this interesting. He is suggesting that they didn't go virtual for any period of time. That has to be false, right?

Yeah that part isn't accurate. They were virtual from Spring Break through the end of the school year in the Spring of 2020. They were back in the classrooms in August 2020 and never shut down again through the rest of it, however.
12thAngryMan
AG
The more local the government the better IMO, so I've got no issues with a community deciding to set its own rules...but do we really think long hair has any bearing at all on education? Is Susie getting distracted in Algebra class because she's mesmerized by this kid's dreads? If having short hair is a requirement for a future job, let the graduate make that economic decision later in life. Seems like a post-WW2 anachronism and weird fight to pick in 2023.
AustinCountyAg
chico
AG
long hair on boys? next thing you know they'll be listenin' to that devil rock n roll music.

my gosh - I'm old enough to remember those days in the 1960's. I didn't know this was still a thing.
evestor1
how has no one mentioned how gross dreads are?

sure, they can look pretty cool, but they are still uncleanable and gross.
BG Knocc Out
Jack Pearson said:

AustinCountyAg said:

care to post it so we can read since it is behind a paywall?
I have been responding individually to each email but it's clear that the answers all incorporate the same key elements, so I'm composing this universal answer to all inquiries regarding the Barbers Hill Dress Code and the incident that recently received national media coverage. I believe one of the major issues our country faces is an inability to have honest dialogue and discourse and even productive disagreement. This is exasperated by a biased media.
The following are facts that you likely didn't get from the ridiculously biased media.
1. We have always allowed students to have braids etc.

2. We have African American students that are not required to cut their hair. They have requested a religious exemption and provided genuine evidence to justify the exemption.
3. The author of the Crown Act in Texas has clarified it doesn't protect hair length. Furthermore, it will be most interesting to see the Crown Acts constitutionally proven with Affirmative Action declared unconstitutional.
4. Our district filed a Declaratory Lawsuit to seek court assistance to ensure the correctness of our interpretation.
5. Our district is a state leader in academic and extra curricular successes. Our African American student population has grown 62% since 20-21.
6. We handled COVID the way your public school district didn't. We never shut down traditional learning and our students are NOT experiencing the emotional, educational detriment that almost every other school district experienced.

7. We pay the highest teacher salaries in the state at EVERY level and our staff is exceptionally happy to be in a district that emphasizes safety and student discipline.
8. Our standards are community-based via a locally elected school board. Those of you who send expletives and uneducated rantings, move here and run for the school board and good luck with that. It's what used to be called the American way.
9. To be an American is "conforming." My grandfathers paused their lives to serve our country in WW2. Thank God they, and many others, did.
10. To the many that referenced Jesus: Do your homework. The most respected research indicates he likely had short hair. Regardless, he would have been granted a religious exemption in our district. Hopefully, he would have shared with our Father his contentment that our students pray at public events in his name.

To those who believe an uneducated and curse-filled email, based on a corrupt national media, will surely cancel behavior you have been manipulated to believe exists.
Sorry... we aren't canceled.
Dr. Greg Poole, Barbers Hill ISD Superintendent
Goodness, that was awesome. THAT is how it is done. F the libs, don't apologize or give an inch.
Buck Turgidson
Haven't you heard? Black kids can no longer be held to any standards at all. The left is in control and you'd better just let 'em do whatever the hell they want without limits or repercussions. Otherwise, you will be labelled as a racist.
BBRex
AG
All of this concern about his hair, meanwhile half of his teachers probably have face tats.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
That was forced by the state, right? I'm assuming he's talking about afterwards.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Buck Turgidson said:

Haven't you heard? Black kids can no longer be held to any standards at all. The left is in control and you'd better just let 'em do whatever the hell they want without limits or repercussions. Otherwise, you will be labelled as a racist.

That's not what most reasonable people think. Don't make the absurd the norm.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
BG Knocc Out
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Buck Turgidson said:

That's not what most reasonable people think. Don't make the absurd the norm.
That is what a large % of this country on the left thinks. Hell, most of the normal educated libs I know justified/excused/supported the violent and fiery riots that ensued after that thug POS who used to rob pregnant women at gunpoint OD'd on enough fent to kill a small village.

But yes, you did say "reasonable", which rules out 100% of the liberal half of this country.
Bassmaster
AG
Most suburban and rural districts did the same thing, so that certainly isn't anything to brag about.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Please share your data and not your anecdotal experiences that I doubt actually happened. The libs you know in person or online?
BG Knocc Out
Bassmaster said:

Most suburban and rural districts did the same thing, so that certainly isn't anything to brag about.
Wonder if he might be receiving the most heated hate mail from idiots in the horrendous urban school districts that most likely locked down way harder/longer?
BG Knocc Out

Please share your data and not your anecdotal experiences that I doubt actually happened. The libs you know in person or online?
Well I try to minimize my number of liberal friends, but old childhood/HS/Church friends on Instagram.

I mean, they almost ALL did the stupid black square virtue signaling thing. But I was shocked at how quite a few were re-posting stuff trying to "explain" and "educate" others as to why people were rioting. And none of these are flaming libs to the point where you could just take one look at them and be like "yep, liberal idiot right there for sure". These are what I would consider to be pretty moderate libs/dems...and a few that I assumed were conservative.

Where were you in 2020? The entire media and almost all dem politicians were totally excusing, and even supporting those riots. Yet you don't think actual liberals who are programmed by them did?

How could I have any data? I have data showing how many liberals wanted to lock me up, fire me, and even take away my children for not getting the experimental vaccine, but that's for another thread. Point being, even "normal" dems are a mix of brainwashed useful idiots and complete psychopaths.
Jack Pearson
AG
Bassmaster said:

Like who? Comparable size district?
redag06
Humble isd, they led the way for the Houston area in getting back in the classroom.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
So your data is instagram? And instagram of people you don't really interact with but you know what they are thinking and how they are motivated. Sounds rock solid to me.

And of course you are above being a useful idiot yourself.
Bassmaster
AG
Conroe ISD
BBRex
AG
Quite a few Houston districts started fall 2020 with FtF classes, but a lot of parents opted to keep kids at home. If I remember right, our district came back in phases, but it was welcoming everyone back by the end of the first nine weeks.
Jack Pearson
AG
I dont remember Humble or Conroe being 100% back in the classroom. BH offered no stay at home option, everyone was in. It was something the supt caught heat for at the time. I am pretty sure Humble kept a stay at home option.
Bassmaster
AG
Conroe ISD did have a stay at home option. That really isn't relevant for those who thought it was all b/s though. I don't care if others wanted to keep their kids home, I just wanted mine to be able to go in person. Everyone could go back in person in many school districts and that is what he's bragging about. He's parsing words if he's suggesting Barber's handled things so differently because nobody could stay home.
TommyGun
AG
Bassmaster said:

Conroe ISD did have a stay at home option. That really isn't relevant for those who thought it was all b/s though. I don't care if others wanted to keep their kids home, I just wanted mine to be able to go in person. Everyone could go back in person in many school districts and that is what he's bragging about. He's parsing words if he's suggesting Barber's handled things so differently because nobody could stay home.

He's not speaking to districts at large. His letter was to the Baytown Sun and he's addressing Goose Creek ISD, in particular. Goose Creek and BH are rivals from elementary age all the way up to senior admin. The two do not like each other and the districts take very different approaches to policy. The student in question transferred in from a Goose Creek high school and Poole is mainly getting heat from folks outside the district in Baytown.
Bassmaster
AG
Ah, got it. That makes more sense.
TarponChaser
Jack Pearson said:

I dont remember Humble or Conroe being 100% back in the classroom. BH offered no stay at home option, everyone was in. It was something the supt caught heat for at the time. I am pretty sure Humble kept a stay at home option.

Humble did have a SAH/remote option but IIRC it was a pretty low percentage who took it- like 10% or so. We damn sure put our kids back in school as soon as we could.
BG Knocc Out

So your data is instagram? And instagram of people you don't really interact with but you know what they are thinking and how they are motivated. Sounds rock solid to me.

And of course you are above being a useful idiot yourself.
People I've known my whole life. I also have basic observational skills and a functioning brain so I have been able to follow the national trends.

Sorry I don't have any charts or graphs to back up my claim that a ton of libs supported/condoned the riots. While on the subject though, remember when the science community, during the height of Covid, said you could not go to beaches, but that it was perfectly safe to gather by the thousands in packed streets if you were protesting "injustice".

The fringe is the mainstream on the left, top to bottom. Revealing that these claims upset you.
AustinCountyAg
finally this thread is getting the attention it deserves.
94chem
redag06 said:

Humble isd, they led the way for the Houston area in getting back in the classroom.
This is true. Humble put the kids back in school from the first day of fall and did not deviate. I had 5 kids in the district at the time. I would know.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
TarponChaser
94chem said:

redag06 said:

This is true. Humble put the kids back in school from the first day of fall and did not deviate. I had 5 kids in the district at the time. I would know.

Even when there were unfounded claims that schools weren't accurately reporting covid cases Humble ISD said "piss off we're doing our thing our way." Recall some lefty rabble rousing teachers trying to attack the school board and superintendent.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Yes, the only reason I can be calling your views bull**** is because I'm a lib. Assumptions are usually poor and you made a bad assumption.
evestor1
TarponChaser said:

Jack Pearson said:

Humble did have a SAH/remote option but IIRC it was a pretty low percentage who took it- like 10% or so. We damn sure put our kids back in school as soon as we could.
Humble allowed Remote school for the first 9 weeks of 2021 year. After that, you came to school or weren't a part of the school.

Love Humble, back in October 2021, my 1st grader's class had a positive covid. School sent the email and said "please keep your kid home" but did not say you were required to do so. The night before the school VP called and said 'we have a case of covid in your sons class..." and I replied with "He will be there tomorrow." The VP laughed and said "look forward to seeing him"

First day there was one kid to go along with my kid. Before the end of the week, nearly all kids were back. To date, none of those kids died of covid that week.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

If we held the obese midsections of men to the same standards we held the hair of black women, 75% of the workforce would need liposuction overnight.

aTm2004
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

evestor1 said:

First free throw I ever made in a game was at Barbers Hill MS back in 96.

This kid needs to trim the dreads or move on bc Barbers Hill has more money than all of Jamaica and doesn't give an eff about your feelings.
Can someone explain this to me? Are there a bunch of oil tycoons living in Mt Belvieu or something? People keep saying this place has tons of $$$. Bro and I stopped to get Chicken Express across the street from that HS on the way back from Lake Chuck a few weeks ago and the area did not impress. I was assuming it was a ghetto or working class school just based on the area.

You know all of those refineries east of Baytown?
aTm2004
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Well I try to minimize my number of liberal friends, but old childhood/HS/Church friends on Instagram.

I mean, they almost ALL did the stupid black square virtue signaling thing. But I was shocked at how quite a few were re-posting stuff trying to "explain" and "educate" others as to why people were rioting. And none of these are flaming libs to the point where you could just take one look at them and be like "yep, liberal idiot right there for sure". These are what I would consider to be pretty moderate libs/dems...and a few that I assumed were conservative.

Where were you in 2020? The entire media and almost all dem politicians were totally excusing, and even supporting those riots. Yet you don't think actual liberals who are programmed by them did?

How could I have any data? I have data showing how many liberals wanted to lock me up, fire me, and even take away my children for not getting the experimental vaccine, but that's for another thread. Point being, even "normal" dems are a mix of brainwashed useful idiots and complete psychopaths.

Don't forget the medical community telling us that rioting and burning down cities in the name of racial justice was OK, but you going to work, your kids going to school, visiting a dying relative in the hospital, or even having a funeral was too dangerous because the COVID.
aTm2004
AG
redag06 said:

Yep. Proud Humble ISD parent and husband to a Humble ISD teacher. The superintendent essentially told the COVIDians to go pee themselves somewhere else.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.