Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Texans

22,069 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by randy828
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redag06 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

redag06 said:

If you believe that….I've got some ocean property to sell ya.

If I believe what?
That Easterby was "the issue"
curiousity got the better of me, I googled him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/10/17/houston-texans-fire-executive-jack-easterby

Seems like an issue to me.

Quote:

Easterby allegedly undermined other team executives and decision-makers, helped arrange workouts during COVID-19 even though the NFL teams were instructed not to do so, advocated for the trade of receiver DeAndre Hopkins and fostered "a culture of distrust among staff and players" to the point that some believed they were being surveilled outside of work.
Booma94
AG
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/andre-johnson-blasts-texans-jack-easterby-wants-deshaun-watson-seek-trade

There are lots of Easterby detractors aside from Pancakes McClain. Andre Johnson and JJ Watt have both been publicly critical of him. Clearly I'm not in the locker room, but Watt and Johnson don't have a reputation of being malcontents, and I would think their thoughts have a lot of clout in the organization.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
That's nutball if true, but you still have to ask who hired and empowered a 30-something chaplain and "character coach" to run a NFL franchise.

*I wasn't saying he wasn't a problem, just not necessarily the problem.
Diggity
AG
CDUB98 said:

I'm not defending Easterby. I'm trying to find out more information.

So far, only one, biased, source has been provided. Where are quotes from these multitudes of people.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover
MAS444
AG
Yeah I haven't collected articles, stories, quotes, etc and am not about to go back now and find them but they've been all over for the last few years. I don't listen to or read McClain and had no idea of his position on it.
maroon barchetta
Booma94 said:

Chewy said:

W said:

McClain would have had no problem with what Easterby was doing...if he had been leaking to him
And the McNair's were okay with it. You can't take anything he says about the Texans seriously because he's so up the McNair's backside.

Between his personal ego and loyalty to the McNair's he's a bunch of hot air.

I follow him on Twitter just for his asinine knee jerk reactions but don't take anything he says seriously. He puts no real thought into anything he does anymore.

It's a tired act.
He's been a buffet-grazing, name-dropping, self-agrandizing (did you know he's the president of the HOF selection committee and he was in the movie Seabiscuit?), bad take spewing hack for a long time.

He was also a judge in the classic cinema offering Springbreakers!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Microwave Onions said:

That's nutball if true, but you still have to ask who hired and empowered a 30-something chaplain and "character coach" to run a NFL franchise.

*I wasn't saying he wasn't a problem, just not necessarily the problem.
that is a vary valid point. I wish someone was dumb enough to hire me to run a NFL team. I could do better than what some of these numb nuts who smell their own farts do.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
It will be interesting to see who DR brings in to coach. I wonder if JJ wants to coach in the future.

And full disclosure, I recently moved from across the street of the juice box after winning a world series to across the street from NRG, Championships follow me.
maroon barchetta
Is it smart to give six-year contract to a guy that has never been a head coach?
The Wonderer
AG

It will be interesting to see who DR brings in to coach. I wonder if JJ wants to coach in the future.

And full disclosure, I recently moved from across the street of the juice box after winning a world series to across the street from NRG, Championships follow me.
Is Shell Energy Stadium next??

And how convenient you move next door to NRG right before Rodeo.
CDUB98
AG
Diggity said:

CDUB98 said:

I'm not defending Easterby. I'm trying to find out more information.

So far, only one, biased, source has been provided. Where are quotes from these multitudes of people.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover

Quote:

Even then, some in the building had started to suspect Easterby's motivations. One person who saw his sideline histrionics up close says they were more show than substance: "When you see him and the big personality and how he's moved up the ladder so fast, you're like, 'Man, this isn't authentic. Something doesn't feel genuine about this.' "

This has been my feeling as well.

We'll just say I've had more interaction with Easterby recently than I wish, and I'm not a fan.
The Wonderer
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Is it smart to give six-year contract to a guy that has never been a head coach?
Dude, we're still the Texans. We will find a way to muck this up somehow.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
The Wonderer said:

Is Shell Energy Stadium next??

And how convenient you move next door to NRG right before Rodeo.
Take it to the rodeo thread
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Next time I see you out with some of our mutual acquaintances, I'll share some more of my opinions about the Texans ownership. My treat.
T Durden
AG
Live interactions? Interesting. I'm what capacity and what did he have to say?

I figured he was run out of town.
CDUB98
AG
I won't say anymore than that because connecting the dots would be too easy, and I don't want them connecting.

He just seems completely disingenuous to those not easily taken in by a wide-open personality.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
T Durden said:

Live interactions?
T Durden
AG
Nobody is trying to connect dots to you.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
CDUB98 said:

a wide-open personality.
How do you mean? Like someone who starts telling you all about his beliefs and values or whatever on the first meeting even though he seems sober?
Chewy
AG
CDUB98 said:

I won't say anymore than that because connecting the dots would be too easy, and I don't want them connecting.

He just seems completely disingenuous to those not easily taken in by a wide-open personality.
You don't have to say anything but blink twice if he's still in town and involved with some organization in some official capacity.

If so, Im shocked he's still in town with all that's been said about him.
Chewy
AG

Seriously across the street or in the vicinity in the Med Center? There's a HUGE difference in the two unless I'm missing a place across the street from NRG.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Chewy said:

Seriously across the street or in the vicinity in the Med Center? There's a HUGE difference in the two unless I'm missing a place across the street from NRG
By the end of rodeo, I might be here 7601 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77054
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Area around there might be a little different than you remember, Cosmo. We don't have to worry about the Van Buren boys anymore.
The Wonderer
AG

Chewy said:

Seriously across the street or in the vicinity in the Med Center? There's a HUGE difference in the two unless I'm missing a place across the street from NRG
By the end of rodeo, I might be here 7601 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77054
CDUB98
AG
Microwave Onions said:

CDUB98 said:

a wide-open personality.
How do you mean? Like someone who starts telling you all about his beliefs and values or whatever on the first meeting even though he seems sober?

I mean the type that acts like he's your great friend from the first time he meets you. Fairly gregarious. Very extroverted.
CDUB98
AG
Chewy said:

CDUB98 said:

You don't have to say anything but blink twice if he's still in town and involved with some organization in some official capacity.

If so, Im shocked he's still in town with all that's been said about him.

Yes, he and his family still live here. He's interviewing for jobs outside of Houston. What jobs, I don't know.
Diggity
AG
I hear he wants to be a Young Life counselor
Dimebag Darrell
maroon barchetta said:

It's very "Aggie" and "Texans". Hope this time it somehow actually works out well, although I think I have pretty much morphed into a Cowboys fan. The Texans have never done anything for me but waste my time and let me down.
CDUB98
AG
I'm thinking the 6-year deal was a demand by Ryans to give himself some leverage on the Texans. Basically, force them towards good decisions and support him, or be stuck paying out a giant chunk of money.

Only a guess.
Chewy
AG
The Texans weren't the only team wanting Ryans so he had the leverage. Or BATNA if you like business jargon acronyms.

The Broncos had to shell out big bucks to Payton and coveted picks to the Saints.

I'm sure they would have gladly paid Ryans what the Texans did.
MAS444
AG
Of course he wanted a longer term deal and he had leverage.
wasntme
Brittmoore Car Club said:

maroon barchetta said:

It's very "Aggie" and "Texans". Hope this time it somehow actually works out well, although I think I have pretty much morphed into a Cowboys fan. The Texans have never done anything for me but waste my time and let me down.
How's that working out for you?
schmellba99
AG
maroon barchetta said:

The contracts are just agreements on how much somebody will be paid if the organization decides to fire them and move on, nothing more than that. Because if DR wins to any appreciable degree, that 6 year contract will be renegotiated anyway.
schmellba99
AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

maroon barchetta said:

What have the Cowboys done for you that hasn't let you down and wasted your time?

The last time the Cowboys were relevant....I was just out of high school. And I'm not exactly young anymore.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
CDUB98 said:

I'm thinking the 6-year deal was a demand by Ryans to give himself some leverage on the Texans. Basically, force them towards good decisions and support him, or be stuck paying out a giant chunk of money.

Only a guess.
If he got out off NRG without a deal, he would likely be the Broncos coach. They wanted him pretty badly apparently.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.