Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Texans

20,159 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by randy828
Booma94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Fun win yesterday. Stroud looks like a legit QB, and Tank Dell is also looking like a future stud.
was listening on the radio. when the Bucs scored that go ahead TD, even Vandermeer was like "here goes another Texans gut wrenching loss". was great to hear us pull it out.
Surprised you could gather anything from the Texans radio broadcast. Vandermeer and Ware are among the worst radio teams out there as far as actually describing what is happening during the game to a radio audience. Usually the only way you can tell the Texans scored is because Vandermeer forces in his "ROCK AND ROLL" catch phrase.
chupacabra tacos
AG
Considering visiting Houston to watch Broncos v. Texans in a couple of weeks.
My 8 year old is really into The Broncos and is asking about catching this game.
In general, how is the fan base to opposing fans? We are really chill but will cheer on positive plays.
redag06
I wouldn't take my kid there as an opposing fan.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
You'll be fine
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I don't think the Texans have any fans who are passionate enough to fight an opposing fan, but it is an NFL game, so there will be people who are drunk/high enough.
SockDePot
chupacabra tacos said:

My 8 year old is really into The Broncos and is asking about catching this game.
In general, how is the fan base to opposing fans? We are really chill but will cheer on positive plays.

Depends on where you sit. I would say the top of the stadium where the seats are more affordable you'Ll be more likely to have issues.

If you're on the club level and act responsibly and respectfully you should be fine. The food and restrooms are better there anyways and you'll have an overall better experience with your kid.
Build It
AG
Take em to a college game instead. Way more fun. The NFL and the fan base at the games are just horrible. It's OK if you sit in club level and up but you are really removed from the experience.

Just go to a college game. Buy great seats for less money than NFL and have twice the fun.

In short, **** those kneeling down, anti American Fools. Don't give 'em your dollars.

Rant over.
BoxingAg84

maroon barchetta
What time in the game was that taken?
CivilEng08
maroon barchetta said:

What time in the game was that taken?

Well, the tweet was 12:07, so opening kick-off?
Cynic
You can't judge from opening kickoff, Houston fans are notoriously fashionably late.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
FWIW, on the broadcast yesterday the announcers said the Cardinals staff told Jacksonville staff it was loud in the stadium and to practice with noise.
chimpanzee
Costs a ton, hard to get into and out of the stadium, plus 20 years of really boring football even when they were decent enough to get massacred by the Patriots every year in the playoffs.

It's on TV 30 steps from where I sleep and the fights and barf I have to dodge on the way to my couch don't involve drunk grown men.
cajunaggie08
AG
chupacabra tacos said:

If you can, try to get seats in the club level or lower mainly because watching the game from the upper level just sucks. Yea, you'll pay more but you'll enjoy it more than just sitting up high with cramped leg space. I've never once seen a Texans fan rag on a kid cheering for the opposing team so I wouldnt worry about getting any flack. There is a higher chance of hearing curse words no matter where you sit. My kids know them all anyways so thats not a deterrent for me but I know some people are still shocked that adults use adult words when in a place that is 95% adults in attendance.
BMX Bandit
TarponChaser said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Pre-draft they were tied with AZ for lowest wins at O/U of 5.5:
would definitely take over on that number.

You like giving away money?

How we lookin?
chupacabra tacos
AG
Thanks everyone. We ended up going and sitting along the edge of where the Broncos went in and out of the tunnel. It was a great experience and the season ticket holders all around us were really cool to my kid. One then even gave my boy a hat that a Bronco tossed up.
Very fun game and experience. Congrats on the win. Good luck the rest of the way.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
You're AFC South winners in year 1 of the new era of Texans football.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG

I will preface by saying I am not die hard fan, just listen to sports radio for my 20 minute commute....

It seems to me the Texans have an opportunity this off season to right the ship by hiring a good coach and drafting well. So far they have interviewed or will interview a solid list of candidates inccluding Sean P and Demeco Ryans. I personally like the thought of bringing Demeco back to the H. Then having 2 first round picks doesnt hurt.

If they get this right, could they be the annual nfl team that goes from worst to 1st in their division?
Furlock Bones
AG

You're AFC South winners in year 1 of the new era of Texans football.

Incredible turn around.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
maroon barchetta
Al Bula
AG
Hostile takeover attempt by the other McNair boys?!

Cary McNair trying to have mom declared incapacitated to take control of her.

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/2024/01/10/cary-mcnair-texans-owner-janice-mcnairs-son-requests-court-declare-her-incapacitated-appoint-him-as-her-guardian/
Furlock Bones
AG
John and Lance were talking about this. Cary runs the family businesses. But, Cal was made CEO and Chairman of the Texans. Cary apparently has wanted to sell the team in the past. Maybe that's why Janice made Cal the CEO instead of Cary. She didn't want Cary selling their father's legacy.
aggiedata
AG
RK
AG
i hope the HJ's were worth it.
springagg
The HJ's were worth it.. $230 million over 5 years. I would be happy as can be
schmellba99
AG
RK said:

i hope the HJ's were worth it.
More like prostate massages than handjs....
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

Bills finalizing trade of star WR Stefon Diggs to Texans

The Buffalo Bills are finalizing a trade to send four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans for draft-pick compensation, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

The Bills will receive a 2025 second-round pick (via the Minnesota Vikings) in exchange for Diggs, a 2024 sixth-round pick and a 2025 fifth-round pick.

randy828
AG
Pulling up an old thread, didn't want to start a new one.

But come on Dell, if you go to a pool party that has to have security checking, use your common sense and DON'T GO! SMH

Quote:

"First off, I'm blessed, you know. To me, it was just wrong place, wrong time," Dell, who is from Daytona Beach, Florida, said on the podcast. "I went back to see my mom, I wasn't even planning to go to the little pool party or whatever, but my boys saw that I was home, so they hit me up and was like 'pull up to the party.' They told me there was going to be security, people getting checked at the door, stuff like that. So, I'm like, 'All right, cool.' It's a good vibe, and there was a lot of people that I know in there, so it was cool.

"And then that s--- just popped off out of nowhere. It just went south out of nowhere."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.