Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Texans

20,153 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by randy828
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texans are one game out of the division, they are 3-2 in their last 5, and only 3 AFC teams are better than that
chlavinka
AG
This did not age well
Mikeyshooter
AG
TarponChaser said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Pre-draft they were tied with AZ for lowest wins at O/U of 5.5:
would definitely take over on that number.

You like giving away money?

Good call here
FarmerJohn
AG
Not at all. Turns out the accuracy translated to the NFL level.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Not at all. Turns out the accuracy translated to the NFL level.
and he doesnt write with crayons like vy
Furlock Bones
AG
as I mentioned on the nfl board, i have no expectations for the Texans. so, it is nice to see them not only be competitive but actually win a few games. they bounced back after blowing that Falcons game.
Diggity
AG
CJ and Will have both exceeded pretty hefty expectations.

It's a fun team to watch, unlike the last several years.
TarponChaser
Diggity said:

CJ and Will have both exceeded pretty hefty expectations.

It's a fun team to watch, unlike the last several years.

Will Anderson has been as advertised.

However, based on what Stroud did at OSU and the abysmal performance of every other OSU QB in the NFL I'm shocked (and so is Vegas) at his performance.

I expected the defense to be a lot better but it's the offensive performance that's been totally unexpected.
BG Knocc Out
We will still disappoint, it's all we have ever done. Matt Schaub was the glory years.

BoxingAg84
I went to the Saints game last Sunday. My first Texans game since 2018. The atmosphere at NRG just isn't the same. The Texans brass successfully sucked the life out of the franchise.

The crowd only got somewhat loud on third downs. The cheers for the Texans starters at the beginning of the game were sparse.

What happened to the die hard fans in the Bull Pen in the end zone. They were nowhere to be found.

It was really sad to see how the organization pushed so many Houstonians away. The games are nothing like they used to be.
Diggity
AG
you're shocked that the atmosphere, for a team coming off of three years at the bottom of their conference, wasn't as electric as a year we won our conference?
redag06
Well clearly they weren't die hard fans.
Diggity
AG
Barstool tweets out weekly "NFL fan fight" updates, which are enough to keep me away. Just a trash experience top to bottom. I'll watch it on TV though.
BoxingAg84
Diggity said:

you're shocked that the atmosphere, for a team coming off of three years at the bottom of their conference, wasn't as electric as a year we won our conference?

They were bottom feeders from 2002-2010 and nobody cared. The place was always packed and loud.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'd also guess that 20 years is about the right time for some of the original diehards to have aged out or burned out, especially without a lot of new enthusiasm being generated.
Panama Red
AG
Things have changed over 13 years? Thats pretty crazy.
BoxingAg84

BG Knocc Out
BoxingAg84 said:

BG Knocc Out
redag06 said:

To be fair, if Alabama became cellar dwellers for a 15-20 year stretch, the atmosphere would suck and you'd see a lot less "die hard" fans there too.
scd88
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

redag06 said:

To be fair, if Alabama became cellar dwellers for a 15-20 year stretch, the atmosphere would suck and you'd see a lot less "die hard" fans there too.

I've been to a Bama game; it's not as great as you think it is. Your point is valid, though. I see what you're getting at.
BG Knocc Out
scd88 said:

BG Knocc Out said:

redag06 said:

I've been to a Bama game; it's not as great as you think it is. Your point is valid, though. I see what you're getting at.
Yeah, I hear you, LSU and other schools have a more rowdy atmosphere, but I was just picking one of the greatest sports dynasties ever to make my point.
maroon barchetta
Some high school classmates were big Texans supporters. Tailgates. Bullpen. Football pot squares for every game. All that stuff.

They ditched the NFL when players started kneeling during the anthem. Cold Turkey quit. They wanted no part of supporting anybody that would do that and now their Sunday photos on social are all fun outdoors things.

Parties in their pool.
Beach time.
Fishing.
Hunting.
Concerts.

Anything but NFL.
BG Knocc Out
maroon barchetta said:

Some high school classmates were big Texans supporters. Tailgates. Bullpen. Football pot squares for every game. All that stuff.

They ditched the NFL when players started kneeling during the anthem. Cold Turkey quit. They wanted no part of supporting anybody that would do that and now their Sunday photos on social are all fun outdoors things.

Parties in their pool.
Beach time.
Fishing.
Hunting.
Concerts.

Anything but NFL.
NFL pretty much lost me completely there for a bit. I'll occasionally tune in if I place a small wager or something. I've probably watched 15 minutes of NFL football this year. Just hard to like most of these entitled idiot crybabies.

I have NEVER regretted spending time with my daughter over watching sports. We played in the mini pool out back while Miami boatraced the Ags and I wasn't phased by our loser team full of losers losing at all.
MAS444
AG
Quote:

I went to the Saints game last Sunday. My first Texans game since 2018. The atmosphere at NRG just isn't the same. The Texans brass successfully sucked the life out of the franchise.
You should have been there the last few years.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Parties in their pool.
Beach time.
Fishing.
Hunting.
Concerts.

Anything but NFL.
I casually watch the NFL when I am hungover or bored, however I am starting to feel this way about college football. I am a die hard college fan, but my interest is getting lower by the year with NIL and basically free agency with the portal. I had already pretty much given up following recruiting years ago, but now I am no longer making my plans around big games like I used to.
htxag09
AG
I feel like a broken record....but for me it's commercials. I simply don't care to take 4 hours to watch a game of 2 teams I don't have a rooting interest in.....
maroon barchetta
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

maroon barchetta said:

Parties in their pool.
Beach time.
Fishing.
Hunting.
Concerts.

Anything but NFL.
I casually watch the NFL when I am hungover or bored, however I am starting to feel this way about college football. I am a die hard college fan, but my interest is getting lower by the year with NIL and basically free agency with the portal. I had already pretty much given up following recruiting years ago, but now I am no longer making my plans around big games like I used to.

Yep.

All of that.
Sea Speed
AG
It feels incredibly great to not have any emotional connection to sports anymore. It is such a waste to spend so much of your time living and dieing on what other people do on a field.
TarponChaser
Sea Speed said:

It feels incredibly great to not have any emotional connection to sports anymore. It is such a waste to spend so much of your time living and dieing on what other people do on a field.

I haven't had that sort of connection to the NFL since I was in HS. With Aggie football I had to make a very conscious choice to emotionally separate myself when my oldest was about 6 months old. I'm still invested but I don't let it ruin my day like I used to.

These days my only emotional connection is watching my boys play.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Fun win yesterday. Stroud looks like a legit QB, and Tank Dell is also looking like a future stud.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Fun win yesterday. Stroud looks like a legit QB, and Tank Dell is also looking like a future stud.
was listening on the radio. when the Bucs scored that go ahead TD, even Vandermeer was like "here goes another Texans gut wrenching loss". was great to hear us pull it out.
maroon barchetta
I heard some of the first half while I was driving yesterday. Texans sounded bad and Mark and Andre sounded like they were resigned to another loss by the Texans.

It was surprising to see a Texans fan buddy posting stuff about Stroud's record-setting day when I checked FB later.
Captain Winky
My wife doesn't know how good she has it. I haven't watched more than 2 hours of NFL over the last 4 years. All while my idiot buddies spend all day Sunday glued to a TV getting livid when their fantasy QB craps the bed.
Flashdiaz
AG
I just record and watch later so I can skip commercials and pause. I'll watch Texans live when they get to the playoffs.
Diggity
AG
our first round boys doing alright (third round kid not looking bad either)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.