Houston
Sponsored by

Dora Calling for CFISD Board Member to Resign

11,348 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by txags92
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BohunkAg said:

If they shut down Twitter and Facebook tomorrow, it would improve the United States overnight.

Tony Stark should have made that wish as well before he snapped.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

What does this dumb broad think he can be sued for? Oh and as I said, they would love to ruin anything and everything about this man. If his life isn't left in complete shambles after this they will never be happy.

She is no doubt posting that from a patio at a restaurant along Upper Kirby while having bottomless mimosas with her white girlfriends who are posting on FB about how much they support their BIPOC friends (who they are friends with on FB, but they have never stepped inside each other's homes).
IDaggie06
AG
htxag09 said:

Again, there can be middle ground. Dora can be an idiot and out of her lane as well as blowing this up way more than it should be, but he can also be an idiot for making those comments. If you read or listen to his whole interview and don't expect blow back, not sure what to tell you. Nobody is inferring anything, he seemingly directly correlated having more black teachers to having a higher drop out rate.

What about the presentation he had just finished sitting through from the organization with their propaganda about why they need more black teachers and a diversity program? (but hush, we don't want to mention that in most the news articles)
htxag09
AG
Again, doesn't really matter. Is it dumb? Yes. Still have to be smarter than that. I sit through yearly diversity trainings, presentations, and plans and have at every company I've been in without saying we're going to be worse off as a company if we hire more black people.

Texaggie7nine summed it up pretty well. He could have said that diversity is important, we need to bring different backgrounds, thoughts, experiences, etc. but our main focus needs to be our children and bringing the best teachers we can for them and for their success. I imagine this is what he meant. Instead he made a direct correlation between HISD having more black teachers and a higher drop out rate.
maroon barchetta
I'm sure any applicants for teaching positions in Cypress want to be judged on the content of their character and not the color of their skin.
Cynic
Quote:

He could have said that diversity is important, we need to bring different backgrounds, thoughts, experiences, etc. but our main focus needs to be our children and bringing the best teachers we can for them and for their success

Awe yes, the say nothing remotely meaningful response.

This guy was voted in to have fights just like this.

htxag09
AG
Cynic said:

Quote:

He could have said that diversity is important, we need to bring different backgrounds, thoughts, experiences, etc. but our main focus needs to be our children and bringing the best teachers we can for them and for their success

Awe yes, the say nothing remotely meaningful response.

This guy was voted in to have fights just like this.
He was also probably voted in to be more articulate and voice his opinion in a slightly better way than he did. Sure, the response I said was PC and a saying nothing response, but his response is just as unmeaningful and even damaging. I mean look at the backlash it's getting. I'm not saying the backlash is justified or that I agree with it. I'm simply stating that anyone with common sense and living in today's world should know that what he said would generate this response.
TarponChaser
Of course the woke are after him because that's what they're going to do but listening to his statement it's pretty clear that he wants the best of the best and that there's no indication whatsoever that having more black teachers will improve the drop-out rate or educational outcomes for black students otherwise HISD would be substantially better at educating their students, particularly black students.

It really shouldn't be all that controversial to point out the emperor has no clothes.
Bluesock06
AG
Does he have racists posts from when he was 14 years old? GET HIM!
Gig'em Class of '06
TarponChaser
Bluesock06 said:

Does he have racists posts from when he was 14 years old? GET HIM!

If you're a Democrat pictures of you in college in black-face can surface and you can still get elected governor of Virginia.
txags92
AG
I will believe that these people believe diversity is essential for a proper educational environment when Prairie View and TSU start prioritizing white enrollment and giving scholarship preferences to white students so that their student body can more closely represent the Texas population percentages.
maroon barchetta
txags92 said:

I will believe that these people believe diversity is essential for a proper educational environment when Prairie View and TSU start prioritizing white enrollment and giving scholarship preferences to white students so that their student body can more closely represent the Texas population percentages.

You want inclusion for everyone!
IDaggie06
AG
htxag09 said:

Again, doesn't really matter. Is it dumb? Yes. Still have to be smarter than that. I sit through yearly diversity trainings, presentations, and plans and have at every company I've been in without saying we're going to be worse off as a company if we hire more black people.

Texaggie7nine summed it up pretty well. He could have said that diversity is important, we need to bring different backgrounds, thoughts, experiences, etc. but our main focus needs to be our children and bringing the best teachers we can for them and for their success. I imagine this is what he meant. Instead he made a direct correlation between HISD having more black teachers and a higher drop out rate.
Yea but you keep your mouth shut because you don't want to risk your job.

This school board is not his day job and the real racists were the people promoting the diversity BS in the first place essentially saying the white teachers weren't good enough.
txags92
AG
No, I know they will never go for that. I just want them to be honest about what their racism is and stop trying to cloak it behind some goal of beneficial diversity. If they believed that, we would have racial quotas for ncaa sports teams and white scholarships to HBCUs.
BBRex
AG
Anyone watching the board meeting tonight?
Ags #1
AG
This could also cause him his day job assuming he works for a company and is not self employeed
themissinglink
AG
Funny to see a bunch liberals on Twitter complaining that he won a small (1%) turnout election. The school district has gotten its preferred board members voted in largely unchecked by having elections in non-presidential, non-midterm years and driving turnout of CFISD employees. A bunch of outsiders played the anti-CRT card to bring out the right wing base and won all 3 seats.
Al Bula
AG
BBRex said:

Anyone watching the board meeting tonight?
no
txags92
AG
themissinglink said:

Funny to see a bunch liberals on Twitter complaining that he won a small (1%) turnout election. The school district has gotten its preferred board members voted in largely unchecked by having elections in non-presidential, non-midterm years and driving turnout of CFISD employees. A bunch of outsiders played the anti-CRT card to bring out the right wing base and won all 3 seats.
That is the part that really has them ticked. They are used to super low turnout mostly consisting of teachers and school administrators. They are mad that they finally kicked the sleeping bear with the CRt bull**** and woke up the citizens enough to lose the board seats. Get ready to keep seeing these kinds of trumped up conflicts over the next few years as they try to drum some of them off the board.
HTownAg
AG
Diggity said:

in any case, looking at the video, his comments were pretty freaking stupid. Not sure if there is some context missing there but how he wouldn't expect blowback is beyond me.
The report presented seemed to conclude that the solution for everything was to hire more black teachers. The student population in Cy - Fair is 45% Hispanic, 24% White, 19% Black and 9 % Asian. So the report totally ignores 69% of the student population. This same study was presented in Alief where 73% of the students are not black.
txags92
AG
HTownAg said:

Diggity said:

in any case, looking at the video, his comments were pretty freaking stupid. Not sure if there is some context missing there but how he wouldn't expect blowback is beyond me.
The report presented seemed to conclude that the solution for everything was to hire more black teachers. The student population in Cy - Fair is 45% Hispanic, 24% White, 19% Black and 9 % Asian. So the report totally ignores 69% of the student population. This same study was presented in Alief where 73% of the students are not black.
What he was trying to say (inelegantly) was that there is not a positive correlation between racial diversity of teachers and student achievement. He used the example of HISD next door to CFISD to point out how high their % of black teachers was compared to their lack of performance and dropout rates. It is a big nothing burger where he is being made out to be racist for rightfully pushing back against a bull**** study.
htxag09
AG
Overall I agree with everything you said, the thing is both sides are looking at this in a vacuum. Just like it's dumb for them to present HISD as any kind of example to follow, an ISD that is currently in the middle of a state takeover because of it's total incompetence, it's dumb to correlate high black teacher % to higher dropout rates. I'd imagine something like average family income or percent of families in poverty is highly more indicative of dropout rate than percent of black teachers.

HISD: 78.45% economically disadvantaged
CFISD: 55% economically disadvantaged

ETA: I agree that black teacher % is most likely completely irrelevant in terms of dropout rate or success, which is likely what he meant. Where his comments completely missed the mark is instead of saying that, he specifically correlated higher % of black teachers to higher drop out rates.
maroon barchetta
Percentage of families with involved parents is probably a better indicator. No way they study that and report the results, however.
htxag09
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Percentage of families with involved parents is probably a better indicator. No way they study that and report the results, however.
100% agree
HTownAg
AG
txags92 said:

HTownAg said:

Diggity said:

What he was trying to say (inelegantly) was that there is not a positive correlation between racial diversity of teachers and student achievement. He used the example of HISD next door to CFISD to point out how high their % of black teachers was compared to their lack of performance and dropout rates. It is a big nothing burger where he is being made out to be racist for rightfully pushing back against a bull**** study.
I agree, I was also trying to point out that the study excludes the majority of students in Cy-Fair
schmendeler
AG

Whoops
Sea Speed
AG
Anyone spiking the football or happy about this guy losing his job is pure unadulterated trash
maroon barchetta
I'm sure Miya Shay or one of her lefty friends called the company to make sure they were aware of his comments.
cajunaggie08
AG
I doubt Maya or any local news outlet had to make a call to make his employer aware. It was all over all the local news outlets and probably starting to go national. All it really took was a customer going straight to upper management. Don't shoot the messenger
cajunaggie08
AG
There's a reason most politicians/elected officials at the local are self-employed. At some point they will inevitably put their foot in their mouth on some issue that will rock the boat with their employer if they are depending on a paycheck from someone else.
maroon barchetta
cajunaggie08 said:

I doubt Maya or any local news outlet had to make a call to make his employer aware. It was all over all the local news outlets and probably starting to go national. All it really took was a customer going straight to upper management. Don't shoot the messenger

JLawokthumbsup.gif

Was he in a forward-facing position at this company I never heard of to the point that customers would see this story and know it was him?

Someone alerted them so they could cancel him. It's what they do. Offering an opposing viewpoint to their groupthink makes them go even more BSC than their normal levels and try to drive people to suicide.

They are everything they preach against.
cajunaggie08
AG
He was a Sales Engineering Manager. I think he may have met with a customer or two. Take your team red blinders off, do a little research, and you can see its not to far fetched for his bosses to have to take action or risk blow back and lost customers.
txags92
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

He was a Sales Engineering Manager. I think he may have met with a customer or two. Take your team red blinders off, do a little research, and you can see its not to far fetched for his bosses to have to take action or risk blow back and lost customers.
A company like Splunk is not going to lose customers over something this stupid and local. This is a localized Twitter mob of a few dozen blowing this out of proportion. They are firing him to signal to the woke mob that they are on the team.
Diggity
AG
edit....I'll retract as is looks like they were responding to the original dolt, who added Maya and her ilk to their tweet.

The Porkchop Express
BohunkAg said:

If they shut down Twitter and Facebook tomorrow, it would improve the United States overnight.
How would I know what my friends ordered at a restaurant last night, though?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.