Houston
Sponsored by

Dora..

11,441 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
Daddy-O5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doesn't "CODE RED!!!!!!" mean stay home?
CDUB98
AG
Do you even elitist, bro?

She doesn't have to follow her own rules.
maroon barchetta
CDUB98 said:

She will run in a mask, correct???
Daddy-O5
AG
CDUB98 said:

Of course, but that doesn't explain why the plebs are allowed out for state approved exercise during a time like this.
Daddy-O5
AG
BohunkAg said:

RK said:

Tormentos said:

bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

are there really places in Houston requiring masks? I haven't been asked about a mask in atleast a year.

Many for their workers. Which is bad enough. Some for children. Which is awful.

For customers? Hardly any but that's beside the point. The fight is for workers and children. The charade for even a singl eperson to be required to wear a mask needs to end
why is wearing a mask a charade? haven't asian countries done it for a long time to help limit spread of virus/colds? I don't see why it is such a big deal. I don't like it, but don't think it is some affront to civilization, either.

anyway, Local Foods on Kirby has a sign that says they require you to wear a mask to enter their store.

As someone who lives over in SE Asia for many years before this whole debacle started maybe I can clue you in. Yes Asian countries have worn masks for years, not all of them did but much more common than what we saw here. The main thing you seem to be missing is it was their CHOICE, not something mandated by politicians. I don't care if someone wants to wear a mask, just don't force it on everyone with inconsistent policies.

Examples: I am sitting here at jury duty today required to wear a mask. Yet every single person here checks in on common computers that we touch keyboard/mouse to register. I politely pointed this out to clerk here and get no response whatsoever. It's all stupid, completely inconsistent, and driven by dumb ass politicians.
also, a significant portion, though certainly not all, of the historical asian mask-wearing is due to living in environments where air pollution is routinely at levels that could kill a mature elephant.
I can't believe people would be disingenuous about their narratives and why we should all wear masks like "the Asians" do.
In this case we should also all use umbrellas on bright sunny days.
XpressAg09
AG
Nitro Power said:

Sea Speed said:

Where on earth are you having to wear a mask?
Everywhere in Harris County no?

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/texas-appeals-court-upholds-harris-countys-right-to-impose-mask-requirement

My face is a sanctuary city.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

anyone going to the marathon Sunday to support Dora?
ME!
holler!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
maroon barchetta said:

BQ_90 said:

can she stuff those sweater puppies into a sports bra

She's going to run the marathon?
thats what she said in her code red announcement
schmellba99
AG
bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

are there really places in Houston requiring masks? I haven't been asked about a mask in atleast a year.

For customers? Hardly any but that's beside the point. The fight is for workers and children. The charade for even a singl eperson to be required to wear a mask needs to end
why is wearing a mask a charade? haven't asian countries done it for a long time to help limit spread of virus/colds? I don't see why it is such a big deal. I don't like it, but don't think it is some affront to civilization, either.

anyway, Local Foods on Kirby has a sign that says they require you to wear a mask to enter their store.
I'll see if I can find it, but there is an independent study in which the authors got exactly $0 for their work from any entity that would argue the bolded part above - because - and this will come as a shock to the coronabros and those that are easily manipulated - the human body is simply not designed to wear a mask, and being forced to wear one for hours on end actually has negative effects both physically and psycologically on the majority of people.
beerad12man
AG
schmellba99 said:

bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

I'll see if I can find it, but there is an independent study in which the authors got exactly $0 for their work from any entity that would argue the bolded part above - because - and this will come as a shock to the coronabros and those that are easily manipulated - the human body is simply not designed to wear a mask, and being forced to wear one for hours on end actually has negative effects both physically and psycologically on the majority of people.
Simply put, it's not normal to live life behind a mask, to treat each other as disease vectors, communicate with each other behind masks, eliminate the human face and smile, our individuality, etc

I believe some are too far gone and engraved to their mask they don't even realize that. Look, if some can live forever behind one. More power to them. By all means go right ahead. It's pretty clear they aren't mentally or psychologically the way humans were meant to behave.

They are absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt a net negative on society with still minimal to nothing to show for the efforts.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I miss talking to strangers.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
redag06
Ciboag96 said:

She's coming for your corrupt ass, Dora. You gonna lose.

Saw something today that Lemond Dixon donated to 0bama 9 times in 2012.

Time to start looking at the other folks running against Dora.
JYDog90
AG

maroon barchetta said:

BQ_90 said:

Maybe that's why she didn't cancel the marathon. HLSR ought to make her a director so she won't cancel that.
Formerly Willy Wonka
TX04Aggie
AG
Well crap. I saw another announcement for someone else running in the R primary. Here is the current list from harris gop website. Plenty of options to start vetting. https://www.harriscountygop.com/2022-primary-candidates/
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Willy Wonka said:

maroon barchetta said:

BQ_90 said:

Maybe that's why she didn't cancel the marathon. HLSR ought to make her a director so she won't cancel that.

Meh, just tell her she's an honorary buckle bunny. She's dumb enough to think that's a legit position.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.