Houston
Sponsored by

Dora..

11,483 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

are there really places in Houston requiring masks? I haven't been asked about a mask in atleast a year.

Many for their workers. Which is bad enough. Some for children. Which is awful.

For customers? Hardly any but that's beside the point. The fight is for workers and children. The charade for even a singl eperson to be required to wear a mask needs to end
why is wearing a mask a charade? haven't asian countries done it for a long time to help limit spread of virus/colds? I don't see why it is such a big deal. I don't like it, but don't think it is some affront to civilization, either.

anyway, Local Foods on Kirby has a sign that says they require you to wear a mask to enter their store.
Sea Speed
AG
ive spent plenty of time in japan and singapore and maybe .05% of folks were in masks back when life wasnt normal. it was mostly folks who had a cough or something, not every healthy swingin dick in town.
Daddy-O5
AG
bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

are there really places in Houston requiring masks? I haven't been asked about a mask in atleast a year.

For customers? Hardly any but that's beside the point. The fight is for workers and children. The charade for even a singl eperson to be required to wear a mask needs to end
why is wearing a mask a charade? haven't asian countries done it for a long time to help limit spread of virus/colds? I don't see why it is such a big deal. I don't like it, but don't think it is some affront to civilization, either.

anyway, Local Foods on Kirby has a sign that says they require you to wear a mask to enter their store.
Lived in China for a bit. Masks are worn because of the pollution, not to prevent the spread of diseases. And it was (at least when I was there) much less widespread than people seem to think.
maroon barchetta
bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

CDC updated to say Omicron requires an N-95 or KN-95 to be stopped, that the lesser amount of protection provided by a cloth face covering or disposable mask is not good enough.
W
AG
CDUB98 said:

Demolition is cheap.
apparently the dome was designated as a "state antiquities landmark" several years ago.

such that demolition is no longer an option.

(the old Cotton Bowl in Dallas has the same designation)
beerad12man
AG
bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

I can only imagine you forget what life was like premask's. That's really the only thing I can come up with for those of you that think it's no big deal to wear a mask. It's almost as if you are trolling me, because I've gone off on people for that very comment probably 75 times the last year and a half. Just because it's no big deal to you, doesn't mean it is to a lot of other people.

It's an entire cultural shift. A shift away from individuality, seeing strangers smile, communicating with people in a normal way, and not treating each other as disease vectors. They are associated with depressing and somber atmospheres. I don't know about you, but I have lived life since this began. Anywhere masks have been required, they tend to suck some of the fun out of the atmosphere. Not to mention, those that have to wear them 9-10 hours a day which is still happening all too often makes them more than just a minor inconvenience. Although some consider this minor stuff, I personally came home from work with headaches, dry mouth, skin irritation all the time when I had to wear them for 9-10 straight hours.

As for Asian countries? A) I don't give a flying f*** what they have done to be quite frank with you. It doesn't mean it's the best way of life. They also implemented communism in one. I can kindly say f*** off to trying to get us to go down any road many Asian cultures have and using their examples as to why we should be totally cool with it here! B) If they did it for viruses, it certainly didn't work. Japan had one of it's worst flu seasons shortly before covid, with higher mask compliance than previous years. C) It was originally for pollution, and then just became indoctrinated in some to the point where some couldn't even answer why when asked in a recent article a couple years before covid. D) It was never mandated. E) Compliance was never 100%, and you could find people without masks all the time. It was mostly for public transit, but you can see pictures of grocery stores pre-covid in Japan easily without masks. They didn't wear them 100% of the time, in all encounters with people like some here want, for multiple years on end, with no end still in sight / no real off ramp still.

spider96
AG
bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

Cloth masks = safety charades. They're a placebo to make the uninformed think that they're protected. The virus particles are too small to be trapped by the mask.

N95 masks are more effective but they'll need to be properly fitted and also changed quite often. Not to mention, good luck trying to breathe in them while doing anything strenuous.
TarponChaser
And to add in on the masks are pretty much useless...

...they're beneficial when the disease is spread via droplets (ie- colds & flu). Meaning, cold & flu viruses attach to bodily fluid particles which and spread via ingesting those droplets somehow. Usually when somebody sneezes or coughs and those droplets expelled land in the mouth &/or nose of another person. Covid is generally spread by aerosolized particles not droplets. So the masks don't have a small enough "weave" to filter those particles though they do for droplets.
drumboy
AG
Workers in masks have shown me how bad my hearing is. I've resorted to just telling the poke folks to make the spicy salmon ponzu yushu as it's listed on the menu cause I can't hear every single question asking if I want extra protein, spicy or regular salmon, roe, edamame, tofu, shrimp, chicken, kale, cilantro, cucumber, seaweed, mandarin oranges, onions, all the various flavors, extra price crap like avocado, whatever all crunches they have. It's all just mumbling.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
rhoswen
AG
Trying to understand my students is a nightmare. Then throw in new advanced vocabulary (chemistry) and non-native english speakers.
TX04Aggie
AG
I cant wait to vote for Martina in the primary. Hopefully her or another strong R can beat the colombian commie on November.
BohunkAg
AG
Gap said:

Is it nice to reminisce about past days when what we had to complain about with our county judge and county commissioners was what they were actually doing with county assets as opposed to getting in the business of all of our businesses and schools.

Almost like there is a total remake of what they plan for their role to now be in our lives.

It's also nice to have hindsight after a two year pandemic and a big ass hurricane
94chem
Go hang out at H-Mart if you want to spend the day breathing your own boogers for the betterment of humanity. They love them some masks over on that end of town. My goodness, do they love the masks. Prolly see some triple N-95's coming out of there soon.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
FarmerJohn
AG
Not really funny "User Name Checks Out" moment.
JYDog90
AG
CDUB98 said:

Demolition is cheap.

Demolition is not cheap when half of it is below ground.

Think "the giant pit" from Parks & Rec times a million.
Formerly Willy Wonka
maroon barchetta
Willy Wonka said:

CDUB98 said:

Demolition is cheap.

Demolition is not cheap when half of it is below ground.

Think "the giant pit" from Parks & Rec times a million.

Guarantee there are at least 5 Andy Dwyers leaving in that thing right now.
Tormentos
AG
bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

As someone who lives over in SE Asia for many years before this whole debacle started maybe I can clue you in. Yes Asian countries have worn masks for years, not all of them did but much more common than what we saw here. The main thing you seem to be missing is it was their CHOICE, not something mandated by politicians. I don't care if someone wants to wear a mask, just don't force it on everyone with inconsistent policies.

Examples: I am sitting here at jury duty today required to wear a mask. Yet every single person here checks in on common computers that we touch keyboard/mouse to register. I politely pointed this out to clerk here and get no response whatsoever. It's all stupid, completely inconsistent, and driven by dumb ass politicians.
CDUB98
AG
Progressives truly don't understand why many people don't want the coercive force of the gov't coming down on them. There's not amount of gov't that scares them. They truly, deep down in their hearts, do not understand that the mandate is the problem, not the mask or vaxx themselves.

"govern me harder, daddy"
maroon barchetta
CDUB98 said:

Progressives truly don't understand why many people don't want the coercive force of the gov't coming down on them. There's not amount of gov't that scares them. They truly, deep down in their hearts, do not understand that the mandate is the problem, not the mask or vaxx themselves.

"govern me harder, daddy"

It's almost like liberalism is a mental illness.
CDUB98
AG
*progressivism
RK
AG
Tormentos said:

bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

As someone who lives over in SE Asia for many years before this whole debacle started maybe I can clue you in. Yes Asian countries have worn masks for years, not all of them did but much more common than what we saw here. The main thing you seem to be missing is it was their CHOICE, not something mandated by politicians. I don't care if someone wants to wear a mask, just don't force it on everyone with inconsistent policies.

Examples: I am sitting here at jury duty today required to wear a mask. Yet every single person here checks in on common computers that we touch keyboard/mouse to register. I politely pointed this out to clerk here and get no response whatsoever. It's all stupid, completely inconsistent, and driven by dumb ass politicians.
also, a significant portion, though certainly not all, of the historical asian mask-wearing is due to living in environments where air pollution is routinely at levels that could kill a mature elephant.
Al Bula
AG
Yeah masks in Asia are prominent because of pollution as much as post-SARS.
BohunkAg
AG
RK said:

Tormentos said:

bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

also, a significant portion, though certainly not all, of the historical asian mask-wearing is due to living in environments where air pollution is routinely at levels that could kill a mature elephant.
I can't believe people would be disingenuous about their narratives and why we should all wear masks like "the Asians" do.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
anyone going to the marathon Sunday to support Dora?
CDUB98
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

If I were going to be in town, I'd be partying with the Karbach folks handing out beer, but if I happened to see her, I would gladly yank a beer from right in front of her and tell her to piss off.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Easy, Rod said:

Yeah masks in Asia are prominent because of pollution as much as post-SARS.
There is also a social and psychological component to it as well.

You see a lot of young people that wear masks for that reason.

It wasn't hugely popular pre-covid, but you did see a ton of young people wearing masks all over Asia.
CDUB98
AG
Yesterday, I ran out to get a haircut right as Waltrip High School was letting out. Every, and I am not exaggerating because I looked, was wearing a mask...outside.....all by themselves. We are destroying resilience in our kids.
BQ_90
AG

can she stuff those sweater puppies into a sports bra
Mr. McGibblets
AG

ME!
maroon barchetta
BQ_90 said:

She's going to run the marathon?
beerad12man
AG
RK said:

Tormentos said:

bularry said:

beerad12man said:

SquanchyAg said:

Continued to be ignored by maskers. I saw a survey a few years back asking why they wore them. Some said pollution was the original reason. Many actually said on the lines of out of habit/culture and that they didn't even know. Very, very few said for viruses, but a few did say since sars.

Masking is such a weird cult. Especially with such little efficacy. I could almost understand it towards the beginning when we didn't know what we were dealing with. We didn't know mask efficacy, etc. I cannot imagine these people actually think life is better behind a mask. It's just a sad way to live. To treat one another as disease vectors. To completely give up normal human interaction, smiles.

Then the irony is japan tried if for a flu season shortly before covid. One of their worst flu years on record despite higher mask compliance than most previous years.

Also, any time I see someone compare it to a business requiring shoes, or seatbelts, just makes me roll my eyes. Those people are so far gone you can't argue with them
Sea Speed
AG
CDUB98 said:

Yesterday, I ran out to get a haircut right as Waltrip High School was letting out. Every, and I am not exaggerating because I looked, was wearing a mask...outside.....all by themselves. We are destroying resilience in our kids.
my 5 year old kid had to go to the nurse the other day because she didnt feel well and the nurse asked if she wanted a mask and she told the nurse she doesnt need one. i know it sounds pretty lame but i was very proud of her after being pressured and indoctrinated by teachers and the like over the last year and a half or so that they are good and necessary for her to decline one from an authority figure.
BQ_90
AG
maroon barchetta said:

BQ_90 said:

well why would anyone go to support someone that wasn't running in the marathon
maroon barchetta
BQ_90 said:

maroon barchetta said:

BQ_90 said:

well why would anyone go to support someone that wasn't running in the marathon

I thought she might be making an appearance to start the race or hand out medals or something.
CDUB98
AG
I want to say she is running the 1/2 marathon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.