Houston
Sponsored by

Dora..

11,439 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
Nitro Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you for wasting our tax payer dollars on unnecessary and irrelevant litigation. Not only did you waste our money, but now I'm having to go back to wearing a damn mask everywhere. I don't recall the exact consequences, but not overly interested in finding out either. I will reluctantly comply with this ridiculous mandate, to avoid any repercussions. It was fine for months, but all the sudden the yard flair is back in style.

LGB
FJB
FDH
spider96
AG
I ain't wearing ****
Sea Speed
AG
Where on earth are you having to wear a mask?
DiskoTroop
Yeah I'll just leave any establishment with the balls to try and enforce it. I no longer carry masks with me nor do I see their purpose.
Nitro Power
AG
Sea Speed said:

Everywhere in Harris County no?

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/texas-appeals-court-upholds-harris-countys-right-to-impose-mask-requirement
tylercsbn9
AG
Nitro Power said:

Sea Speed said:

Everywhere in Harris County no?

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/texas-appeals-court-upholds-harris-countys-right-to-impose-mask-requirement

I don't think she can do **** until the Texas SC rules. Otherwise she would have already done something yesterday.

There's no valid mandate in Harris currently.

fullback44
AG
Is it time to get a city wide law suit against her? Can the citizens do a class action against the city? Maybe it's time Mr Buzbee gets involved ?
Gap
AG
Just a reminder that Hidalgo had never held a real job that required any leadership, management, or decision making skills before being elected to run a county of like 6 million people with a multi-billion dollar annual budget. She was a translator at a hospital and after college went to Asia to tell people how to start their own blog. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people living in Harris County significantly more qualified and experienced than her to do that job. She is a novice political hack. Rally sad for the people who live there.
Bucketrunner
She gets dumber by the day. And there are twitter replies that make me question the need for the survival of mankind.
spider96
AG
Bucketrunner said:

She gets dumber by the day. And there are twitter replies that make me question the need for the survival of mankind.
Bring on the SMOD.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Quote:

Hitherto people had merely grumbled at a stupid, rather obnoxious visitation; they now realized that this strange phenomenon, whose scope could not be measured and whose origins escaped detection, had something vaguely menacing about it.

-Albert Camus, The Plague, writing about Lina Hidalgo
maroon barchetta
Bucketrunner said:

Thanos was our only hope.
Stat Monitor Repairman
We are the dumbest people alive.
Jack Cheese
AG
Gap said:

Just a reminder that Hidalgo had never held a real job that required any leadership, management, or decision making skills before being elected to run a county of like 6 million people with a multi-billion dollar annual budget. She was a translator at a hospital and after college went to Asia to tell people how to start their own blog. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people living in Harris County significantly more qualified and experienced than her to do that job. She is a novice political hack. Rally sad for the people who live there.

But has a nice rack so....
jja79
AG
Sea Speed said:

I was turned away from a restaurant in Spring on Wednesday.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea businesses make their own decisions, OP was about forced masking by the county moron though.
Mas89
AG
So tell us the name please.
LostInLA07
AG
Abbott should have put this on the agenda for one of the special sessions. There's been plenty of time for the legislature to act. Failure to do that is on Abbott and I haven't heard a good explanation for this. Even if he didn't want to reign in emergency powers generally for all Texas government entities, he could have enabled the legislature to address this specifically and he didn't. Frankly, the biggest "miss" here is we all saw first hand how easily "emergency powers" can be abused and there was nothing done about it. Zero. If anything has made me want to get into politics directly or indirectly, the whole emergency powers sham has been it.

Counties are political subdivisions of the state. The legislature has full authority to act if they wanted to and were allowed to. I'm guessing, for one reason or another, they didn't which is why Abbott left it off of the special session agenda. He got the political points and press conference sound bites from his EO, which is apparently all he wanted.
RC_57
AG
Mas89 said:

IIRC, from another thread, it was Tumble 22, in the Vintage off 249
TX04Aggie
AG
This doesnt really change or mean anything. This is Dora trying to stay relevant. If there was some sort of order to actually come down from her office, it would be celebrated and plastered all over the news. And this isn't even showing up on the Chron who carries her milk bags all day, everyday.
jja79
AG
I was mostly pointing out the sentiment is returning among businesses to require worthless masks. I would say 80% of the people that came in our bank this week were wearing at least 1 mask. Quite a few wearing 2.
TXTransplant
This one is a little different. It's completely unenforceable except by the businesses and their employees. And that puts employees in a terrible position. If a business wants to take on the onus of requiring the masks and policing it themselves, that's on them.

The bigger issue is her specifically calling out school superintendents. Masks have no place in schools. TEA needs to step in and say that they are disruptive to the learning environment and prohibit districts from requiring them.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yes.

Failed leadership to the point that I gotta conclude they are willing participants.

We gone off the rails so far we can't even see the rails.
Cromagnum
AG
jja79 said:

I was mostly pointing out the sentiment is returning among businesses to require worthless masks. I would say 80% of the people that came in our bank this week were wearing at least 1 mask. Quite a few wearing 2.

My company requires them 100% of the time in the workplace again, regardless of vaccination status. They also said wearing gaiters is still OK, but now you have to wear two of them layered up. So effing dumb.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
For the first and probably last time ever, I saw something interesting on r/houston.

Someone took a deep dive on Lina's corrupt coronavirus "outreach" contract:
https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/rwo4qe/more_infocontext_on_11m_vaccine_outreach_contract/

They also shared a dropbox with files related to the secret bid process:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2nho6qj7m918127/AABcUmzeL6EHTaVIFPdDWwCma?dl=0
maroon barchetta
Stat Monitor Repairman
AGHouston11
AG
RC_57 said:

Mas89 said:

IIRC, from another thread, it was Tumble 22, in the Vintage off 249

What idiots !
Hope they go out of business
I can't imagine people are wanting to comply with this stupidity
RC_57
AG
From all I've seen and read, Dora - the ignorant twit , beyond what her handlers put in front of her to read, hasn't a clue as to what is going on.

I would like to know is how would such an ignorant, inexperienced individual suddenly wake up and go "Hey, I think I can throw my hat in the ring, win an election, and take on and run one of the largest operations in the country."

Just how can I someone with no background, no experience, really expect to succeed?

Hell, where did she get the idea to try? Who put her up to it? Who suggested it? Bank rolled it?....
Dr. Doctor
AG
RC_57 said:

From all I've seen and read, Dora - the ignorant twit , beyond what her handlers put in front of her to read, hasn't a clue as to what is going on.

I would like to know is how would such an ignorant, inexperienced individual suddenly wake up and go "Hey, I think I can throw my hat in the ring, win an election, and take on and run one of the largest operations in the country."

Just how can I someone with no background, no experience, really expect to succeed?

Hell, where did she get the idea to try? Who put her up to it? Who suggested it? Bank rolled it?....

Seeing as the previous guy expected to win and the democrats had lost a bit against him, no one wanted to run. So she put her name in the hat. And won. You could do the same.

~egon
maroon barchetta
RC_57 said:

Someone in the Dem leadership said "we need a candidate that checks the following boxes in Harris County:

- minority, preferably Hispanic since the fake Hispanic Ivy leaguer from El Paso is running and the state has more and more Hispanic citizens
- female would be preferable
- moderately attractive
- easy to manipulate and would just be glad to have the job"

Who funded it is up for debate but they seemingly wanted a person that could be Harris County version of AOC. If an opposing candidate says anything negative about them the left can immediately cry racism or sexism. They want built in defenses.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Dr. Doctor said:

RC_57 said:

Seeing as the previous guy expected to win and the democrats had lost a bit against him, no one wanted to run. So she put her name in the hat. And won. You could do the same.

~egon
Thats true.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Bank rolled it?
ActBlue. Her initial campaign report had hardly any local money, it was mostly out-of-town and out-of-state money. I haven't gone through all of the reports to see if she picked up any big donors subsequently.
SquanchyAg
are there really places in Houston requiring masks? I haven't been asked about a mask in atleast a year.
JYDog90
AG
But I'm sure Edd Emmett learned his lesson having a bunch of R's withhold their vote for him over the stupid Astrodome.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.