Houston
Sponsored by

Odds on the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo occurring in 2021?

23,081 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jja79 said:

By the way San Angelo is going forward with the full rodeo, stock show, midway, the whole deal this year.

Some events are being carried live on RFDTV if you're feeling nostalgic.
Also on something called the Cowboy Channel: https://www.facebook.com/sanangelostockshowandrodeo/
SquanchyAg
96ags said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Would love to hear the actual reasoning behind it. My guess is that Hidalgo wanted one more final "look how careful I am" feather in her hat for whatever office she's running for next and made then cancel. County owns the stadium so they could have easily worked with the rodeo to make it work with smaller crowds. 3 months is a really long way away given how quickly vaccines are ramping up.
Wonder why rodeos are more likely to spread the virus than football games?

Because they will say that's where it all started.
TXAG 05
AG
Just announced George Strait is coming back next year.
aTm2004
AG
King
Ag_07
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Just announced George Strait is coming back next year.

So THIS one is his last one...Until the next time he comes back.
aTm2004
AG
Considering the circumstances with the rodeo over the last couple of years and the impact it had on his career, he probably feels obligated to do something. And they probably offered him an insane amount of money to get a top headliner on the books.
Ag_07
AG
Oh I don't blame them for getting him again.

It's just funny each time it's talked up like it's his last one. Like it's 'This cowboy's last ride' but nope a couple years later and here he is again.
aTm2004
AG
Yeah, laaaast time...for this year.

I doubt he'll tour again. An occasional show for $1mm+ will be the norm.
TXAG 05
AG
To be fair, he never said he was retiring, just want going to tour anymore. Although the first time the rodeo did market it as the last time he would be there.
David_Puddy
AG
I'm sure he'll probably still do some Vegas shows here and there That's 3-4 weekends a year for probably an absurd amount of money. I saw him there a few years back and he did all 60 of his #1 songs on back to back nights at the T-Mobile arena on the strip. Definitely one of the best concerts I've been to.
n_touch
Anyone get tickets?
TXAG 05
AG
I have my season tickets, but I'm leaning hard towards selling them. I'd be more interested if they got Lyle and REK back to open, instead of whoever it was they got.
BohunkAg
AG
n_touch said:

Anyone get tickets?
I got nosebleeds
n_touch
BohunkAg said:

n_touch said:

Anyone get tickets?
I got nosebleeds
Same here. Had to keep refreshing and it finally gave me some
TXAG 05
AG
Floor and nosebleeds are the only thing that was available, everything else is season tickets.
n_touch
TXAG 05 said:

Floor and nosebleeds are the only thing that was available, everything else is season tickets.
No floor when I got in at 10:11. Sent me to the rafters
Buck Turgidson
rancher1953 said:

The Honorable Mayor Turner and Honorable Harris County Judge Hidalgo have said not NO but HELL NO.

This is mainly a big deal for white people. Neither of them give a **** about whitey.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
You haven't volunteered or set foot in the carnival in decades, have you?
reedsterg
AG
Does anyone happen to have 4 on the aisle in Club Level they would be willing to swap for 4 in section 340?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
So I guess I'm not too hip to current country music trends or FM radio in general. Is Cody Johnson a big enough star to require a presale and online waiting room, or is the email today just to pump up volunteers to buy tickets?
TXAG 05
AG
Harry Lime said:

So I guess I'm not too hip to current country music trends or FM radio in general. Is Cody Johnson a big enough star to require a presale and online waiting room, or is the email today just to pump up volunteers to buy tickets?

He's pretty damn big. But it's also being done to build up excitement for the 2022 season
Chewy
AG
I have no knowledge of this but I'd guess the timing of the George Strait and Cody Johnson pre-sales is to get some cash in the bank sooner than normal. Last couple of years have hurt cash flow.

It's a smart move.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Harry Lime said:

I cant remember if he sold out the fill in show he did, but he has been a sell out ever since
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Chewy said:

I have no knowledge of this but I'd guess the timing of the George Strait and Cody Johnson pre-sales is to get some cash in the bank sooner than normal. Last couple of years have hurt cash flow.

It's a smart move.
they are marketing the crap out of HLSR 2022 already. Each week there are different announcements.
reedsterg
AG
I was talking with the season ticket office the other day and they said they're going to be announcing the performers one at at time this year instead of the typical dump in Jan.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The frequency and volume of emails lately have started to make me feel like a real rodeo insider.

Makes sense though, since a lot of us had nothing to do this Spring and weren't around to see stuff that we would normally see in person. I wonder what the volunteer retention will look like. We had some new people last year that I hope we don't lose. Good that the leadership understands the challenge. Might take some unusual work on the part of captains.
GEA89
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Chewy said:

It's a smart move.
they are marketing the crap out of HLSR 2022 already. Each week there are different announcements.
Indeed, I am getting some spam in my email because I was a past season ticket holder
Gap
AG
Those part of HLSR must be worrying given Lina Hidalgo and Sylvester Turner are key decision makers for their event.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I am signing people up on the Poultry Auction Committee if anyone wants to join, let me know.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The odds just improved. Bun B might make Lina and Rodney Ellis think twice about putting the kibosh on the big cracker party.
Texaggie7nine
Trill!
7nine
Sea Speed
AG
I bet not a single person from this board attends that night
TXAG 05
AG
Sea Speed said:

You would lose that bet. I'll be there
Sea Speed
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Sea Speed said:

Fair enough. It was hyperbole so shouldn't have used absolutes. Point remains though.
Texaggie7nine
Sea Speed said:

TXAG 05 said:

Sea Speed said:

Fair enough. It was hyperbole so shouldn't have used absolutes. Point remains though.
I assumed it was sarcasm, because that's gonna be the most Tine board of all tine board nights of HLSR ever.
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.