Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,640 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Lime said:

I got mask noticed and issued a mask walking into an elementary school yesterday at 4PM.

Last hurrah for the land manatees to exercise that authority.
don't know if the Parker parents got the memo or they're still sticking to their guns but I noticed the majority of kids were still rocking masks this morning. I'll report back later in the week....so stay tuned dear readers!
LostInLA07
AG
They've ruined some of these kids. It's really sad how many "like" their mask. They are now too scared and insecure to exist in society without it. The equivalent of still needing a pacifier and blanket at all times.
TX04Aggie
AG
Noticed this morning driving down my street and by the elementary school and was relieved to see most of the kids unmuzzled outside. Broke my heart every time I'd see them out there with masks, so was good to see it changing.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I saw this article yesterday. This woman is living in abject fear over the lifting of mask mandates. Lifting them according to her is "irresponsible and immoral". Her logic is comically bad.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/21/opinions/covid-mask-rollbacks-terrified-mom-alaimo/index.html
aTm_bomb
AG
Diggity said:

Harry Lime said:

I got mask noticed and issued a mask walking into an elementary school yesterday at 4PM.

don't know if the Parker parents got the memo or they're still sticking to their guns but I noticed the majority of kids were still rocking masks this morning. I'll report back later in the week....so stay tuned dear readers!
Not mine. Face is out and proud. She did ask, "How long is there no mask?", which made me sad because I can't guarantee "forever" since you know HISD is just begging for an excuse to reinstitute it.
Sea Speed
AG
Can't eye roll hard enough at this lady

Quote:

Doing so will endanger the health of young children and further drive parents to make impossible choices -- like whether to go to work or the grocery store and risk bringing home a virus that might harm their children.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The best part is you know people like her are about flip their position on listening to experts and the government.
tylercsbn9
AG
My company finally sent the email. We can come back March 14th. No mask. No distancing. Basically no restrictions. So at least there's that. I didn't think that would happen a month ago when there were whispers of us being allowed back in March. But I guess with the changing "science" we've seen the last few weeks they knew they couldn't keep the restrictions.

We did move to a full hybrid type environment. So I'll probably just go in once a week but nice to have the option finally.
Texas A&M
tylercsbn9 said:

My company finally sent the email. We can come back March 14th. No mask. No distancing. Basically no restrictions. So at least there's that. I didn't think that would happen a month ago when there were whispers of us being allowed back in March. But I guess with the changing "science" we've seen the last few weeks they knew they couldn't keep the restrictions.

We did move to a full hybrid type environment. So I'll probably just go in once a week but nice to have the option finally.

What about the unvaccinated who got exemptions? We got a similar email, but those people still have to provide negative tests.
TX04Aggie
AG
That literally makes no sense now, except to spite people who didnt get the jab. And now it doesnt matter
TarponChaser
Harry Lime said:

Which ISD?
TarponChaser
Quincey P. Morris said:

I saw this article yesterday. This woman is living in abject fear over the lifting of mask mandates. Lifting them according to her is "irresponsible and immoral". Her logic is comically bad.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/21/opinions/covid-mask-rollbacks-terrified-mom-alaimo/index.html

I guess she better not ever let her kids ride a bike or ride in a car and better hope her kids never get the flu because all of them are far more likely to kill her kids than covid.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
HISD
CDUB98
AG
Currently at Space Center Houston with my daughter's field trip.

Masks still required.

But, the live show presenters magically can't spread Covid and don't need one.

So many people wearing them improperly, I decided to take mine off. The mask police, jumped into action and told me to put it on and then rolled through the entire group, including kids, laying down the mask law.....

As the presenter on stage prattles on without one.

It's science.
TX04Aggie
AG
Is Space Center Houston federal property or is it actually entirely separate from JSC? Always wondered. Kinda silly to keep mask requirement there when all the other ones in Houston have dropped except the Children's Museum last I checked.
FHKChE07
AG
Well it is owned by NASA so I assume it is Federal property.
swimmerbabe11
covid officially over at the company I work for. no more masks, no more "by appointment only"
AgLiving06
COVID appears to be over at my work to (big oil). Got the email today that we are going from extreme measures to nothing effective tomorrow.
gougler08
AG
AgLiving06 said:

COVID appears to be over at my work to (big oil). Got the email today that we are going from extreme measures to nothing effective tomorrow.

Same for us, but effective Thursday
tylercsbn9
AG
Biden just walked through a crowd maskless after just the other day wearing one outside. By himself.

What a freaking joke. These idiots are just going to claim they beat covid.
LostInLA07
AG
He crushed covid two days ago. Didn't you get the change in science memo?
Bondag
AG
AgLiving06 said:

I think the government should subsidize all us essential workers that never missed a day.

Don't **** up my commute.
Al Bula
AG
Holy crap, this thread is two years old.
redag06
Easy, Rod said:

Should get it to 600 pages and let it die!
wessimo
AG
Easy, Rod said:

Yep, today is the 2 year anniversary. Hopefully it is buried on page 37 by this time next year.
wessimo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

This is such bull***** The US is not going to lose 480K people due to COVID-19

Ag06Law
AG
wessimo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

This is such bull***** The US is not going to lose 480K people due to COVID-19

If you count actual "due to" Covid deaths and not all of the "with Covid" garbage, Irish is probably right.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Is Space Center Houston federal property or is it actually entirely separate from JSC? Always wondered. Kinda silly to keep mask requirement there when all the other ones in Houston have dropped except the Children's Museum last I checked.
It's operated by a non-profit, but I have no idea if the land or facility are federal property.
Ciboag96
Hey Lina. How about you dial back that stupid wheel to green, you dumb *****.
tylercsbn9
AG
17 active cases in Cy Fair ISD. With 120,000 kids. 92 campuses.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ciboag96 said:

It'll be yellow by the end of the week.

But right now dealing with 'damaged ballots' and they'll miss the deadline to report results to the state which is tonight at 7pm.
LostInLA07
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Ciboag96 said:

It'll be yellow by the end of the week.

But right now dealing with 'damaged ballots' and they'll miss the deadline to report results to the state which is tonight at 7pm.

It will never go to green. The gauge will just vanish quietly into the night. Probably around the start of summer. They need it until the end of the school year to appease the loony Karen parents.
TarponChaser
tylercsbn9 said:

17 active cases in Cy Fair ISD. With 120,000 kids. 92 campuses.

There used to be 120,000 kids. I heard they're incinerating the bodies of the dead kids in that water tank on the Cy-Fair HS campus. They're just doing it at night so nobody notices. The parents are being paid hush money.
XpressAg09
AG
Something we all knew, but here's Epoch Time's latest COVID article. Might be behind a paywall, so I'll put a wall of text down below, but I recommend this site because they list their sources and references.
Quote:

In the video above, Dr. John Campbell reviews recent data released by the U.K. government in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. They show that the number of deaths during 2020 in England and Wales, where COVID-19 was the sole cause of death, was 9,400. Of those, 7,851 were aged 65 and older. The median age of death was 81.5 years.
Quote:

Campbell also points out that of the 17,371 people who had COVID-19 as the sole cause of death, 13,597 were 65 or older. The average age of death in the U.K. from COVID in 2021 was 82.5 years. Compare that to the projected life expectancy in the U.K., which is 79 for men and 82.9 for women. This hardly constitutes an emergency, least of all for healthy school- and working-age individuals.
Quote:

Similarly, in late August 2020, the CDC published data showing only 6% of the total death count had COVID-19 listed as the sole cause of death. The remaining 94% had had an average of 2.6 comorbidities or preexisting health conditions that contributed to their deaths. So, yes, COVID is a lethal risk only for the sickest among us, just as Walensky said, but that's true whether you're "vaccinated" or not.
Quote:

In addition to the issue of whether people die "from" COVID or "with" a SARS-CoV-2 positive test, there's the issue of whether incorrect treatment is killing COVID patients. By early April 2020, doctors warned that putting COVID-19 patients on mechanical ventilation increased their risk of death.

One investigation showed a staggering 80% of COVID-19 patients in New York City who were placed on ventilators died, causing some doctors to question their use. U.K. data put that figure at 66% and a small study in Wuhan found 86% of ventilated patients died.
Quote:

You might wonder why doctors and hospital administrators insist on using treatments known to be ineffective at best and deadly at worst, while stubbornly refusing to administer anything that has been shown to work, be it intravenous vitamin C, hydroxychloroquine and zinc, ivermectin or corticosteroids.
The most likely answer is because they're protecting their bottom line. In the U.S., hospitals not only risk losing federal funding if they administer these treatments, but they also get a variety of incentives for doing all the wrong things. Hospitals receive payments for:
  • COVID testing for all patients
  • COVID diagnoses
  • Admitting a "COVID patient"
  • Use of remdesivir
  • Use of mechanical ventilation
  • COVID deaths

RC_57
AG
Thanks for the link and info Xpress.

I opened the link, scanned through it. This stopped me in my "tracks":
"Remdesivir trials during the 2018 West African Ebola outbreak had to be discontinued because death rate exceeded 50%. Yet, in 2020, Anthony Fauci directed that Remdesivir was to be the drug hospitals use to treat COVID-19, even when the COVID clinical trials of Remdesivir showed similar adverse effects."

Hanging to too good for that little sum-beyatch <insert irate as all hell face here>
First Page Last Page
Page 595 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.