Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,594 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HO-LEE SHE-YOT!!

That is damning.
TJaggie14
AG
This happened to me yesterday so....

Dear Diary,

I went to the court house off Shepherd yesterday to get company's vehicle registered. The lady at the door asked if I had a mask, and when I told her no she said I couldn't go in without a mask. I asked her for one, and she said she had given them all out that morning. As I was in the company vehicle that didn't have masks I didn't want to drive back to the shop & get one.

Seeing as she was wearing a cloth mask with a plastic visor I asked her if I could just put my shirt over my mouth. She said no. I then asked her what is the difference between that & what she is wearing, she could not answer. Despite my pleas that the political SCIENCE was settled and covid was over, that the CDC had changed policies, that HISD had dropped mandates, and that even our president didn't wear a mask at the State of the Union my pleas fell on deaf ears.

I ended up having to go back to the shop & get a mask. At least I got to waste time on the company's dime.
CDUB98
AG
She did not dare cross The Commandante.
TarponChaser
TJaggie14 said:

This happened to me yesterday so....

Dear Diary,

I went to the court house off Shepherd yesterday to get company's vehicle registered. The lady at the door asked if I had a mask, and when I told her no she said I couldn't go in without a mask. I asked her for one, and she said she had given them all out that morning. As I was in the company vehicle that didn't have masks I didn't want to drive back to the shop & get one.

Seeing as she was wearing a cloth mask with a plastic visor I asked her if I could just put my shirt over my mouth. She said no. I then asked her what is the difference between that & what she is wearing, she could not answer. Despite my pleas that the political SCIENCE was settled and covid was over, that the CDC had changed policies, that HISD had dropped mandates, and that even our president didn't wear a mask at the State of the Union my pleas fell on deaf ears.

I ended up having to go back to the shop & get a mask. At least I got to waste time on the company's dime.

What if you just said "piss off" and went about your business there? Do you think they'd actually throw you out or refuse service?
CDUB98
AG
It's a county building, so yes, the mask gestapo would be glad to kick you out, or even jail you.
TarponChaser
CDUB98 said:

It's a county building, so yes, the mask gestapo would be glad to kick you out, or even jail you.

They can kick you out but they can't jail you.
CDUB98
AG
They cant charge a person with trespass?
TarponChaser
CDUB98 said:

They cant charge a person with trespass?
Not for the masking bull****
CDUB98
AG
I'm fairly certain if you're told you must have a mask to enter, but go in without one, they'll get you one way or another.

Rational people would just throw you out, but I don't trust the Covidians to not bring down the harshest punishment possible.
TarponChaser
CDUB98 said:

I'm fairly certain if you're told you must have a mask to enter, but go in without one, they'll get you one way or another.

Rational people would just throw you out, but I don't trust the Covidians to not bring down the harshest punishment possible.
Part of the stuff Abbott did was to prevent there from being any criminal penalties for not wearing a mask.
TJaggie14
AG
TarponChaser said:

What if you just said "piss off" and went about your business there? Do you think they'd actually throw you out or refuse service?
Unfortunately the lady that stopped me was giving out the #s they called to be seen when it was your turn.

I do think they would throw someone/me out and refuse service. These are small-minded idiot govt workers who thirst for any amount of power.
CDUB98
AG
TarponChaser said:

CDUB98 said:

Part of the stuff Abbott did was to prevent there from being any criminal penalties for not wearing a mask.

I understand that, but you wouldn't be charged with no mask wearing, you'd be charged with trespass after being asked to leave.

I'm not sure either of us really knows the factual answer here, and it's pretty irrelevant to the rest of the thread, so let's just let it go, Deal?
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

These are small-minded idiot govt workers who thirst for any amount of power.

Is there any other type?
Jock 07
AG
FHKChE07 said:

Well it is owned by NASA so I assume it is Federal property.

Is it? I thought it was run by a private foundation kind of deal.
Ciboag96
We're still in Orange y'all. Spray yourself with roundup before you go out of the house. Bag over your head and hold your breath

CDUB98
AG
Ciboag96 said:

We're still in Orange y'all. Spray yourself with roundup before you go out of the house. Bag over your head and hold your breath

DAMMITT!!

It's supposed to be RoundUp? I've been using Raid. No wonder Covid has been killing me every few months in this winter of death.
FHKChE07
AG
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Center_Houston

The organization is owned by NASA and operated under a contract by the nonprofit Manned Spaceflight Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization.
cone
AG
a lot of edits on this thread
Sea Speed
AG
Yea its been popping up. I wonder what has been deleted, there has been no action innhere lately. Maybe staff is going back to delete takes from the covid crazies that were obviously unhinged so they don't end up on texags version of defiant L's
XpressAg09
AG
Sea Speed said:

Yea its been popping up. I wonder what has been deleted, there has been no action innhere lately. Maybe staff is going back to delete takes from the covid crazies that were obviously unhinged so they don't end up on texags version of defiant L's
They tend to ban the 'unhinged.' Look what they did to Administrative Errors over on the Crypto thread.
TarponChaser
Sea Speed said:

Hell, I served multiple bans for posting stuff on the covidian board that was contrary to the approved narrative and deemed "unfounded conspiracies" which have since been proven true.
coolerguy12
AG
TarponChaser said:

Sea Speed said:

Hell, I served multiple bans for posting stuff on the covidian board that was contrary to the approved narrative and deemed "unfounded conspiracies" which have since been proven true.

#metoo
Post removed:
by user
BohunkAg
AG
TarponChaser said:

Sea Speed said:

Funny how that has worked through this whole thing. Common sense has been frowned upon.
Sea Speed
AG
It makes that board so annoying to read.
BohunkAg
AG
By the way, their two year hard lockdown did them a fat lot of good. Delayed the inevitable....like we all knew it would.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/08/1085095406/new-zealand-changes-tack-on-surging-covid-19-cases
TarponChaser
BohunkAg said:

By the way, their two year hard lockdown did them a fat lot of good. Delayed the inevitable....like we all knew it would.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/08/1085095406/new-zealand-changes-tack-on-surging-covid-19-cases

Daddy-O5
AG
I hadn't been to that board in ages. Just read their vax thread. Apparently we should all be dead.
Daddy-O5
AG
TarponChaser said:

Sea Speed said:

Never banned. But almost all my posts were deleted pretty quickly. Insanity.
jetch17
AG
Happy anniversary to '2 weeks to flatten the curve'
Stat Monitor Repairman
Jack Klompus
AG
Moved down to yellow yesterday. I wonder if we'll ever get to green, or will it just disappear?
AlaskanAg99
AG
They've changes the metrics. A few had a threshold of 0, which would never be met. Now we can get to green. In fact 2 of 4 are already green and as cases continue to decline we may hit green in 2 to 3 weeks.
aggie_sprt
AlaskanAg99 said:

They've changes the metrics. A few had a threshold of 0, which would never be met. Now we can get to green. In fact 2 of 4 are already green and as cases continue to decline we may hit green in 2 to 3 weeks.

Moving the goal posts constantly is why these types of alerts and the recommendations of various organizations have been discounted by so many and sowed so much skepticism and distrust of the guidance being published.

The level will reach green whenever the powers that be decide it should be green as the metrics will without a doubt be changed to conform to the preferred messaging that the political establishment wants.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

First Page Last Page
Page 596 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.