Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,511,282 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I must have misread your story...as you seemed surprised that she would want you to pull up your mask when checking out.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Diggity said:

correct. These establishments are just trying to follow the regs put in place so they can try to stay in business. Not sure why anyone is surprised about them at this point.
I have a friend that spent his early childhood in communist Czechoslovokia. His parents would always joke that life wasn't too bad -- the government pretended to pay the workers and the workers pretended to work.

In this case, the businesses and people pretend to obey the government's authority and the politicians at 901 Bagby and 1001 Preston get to continue LARPing and talking about what "great" leaders they really are.
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
wasn't trying to rehash this argument, just thought ya'll would be used to this **** by now.
Post removed:
by user
XpressAg09
AG
Diggity said:

correct. These establishments are just trying to follow the regs put in place so they can try to stay in business. Not sure why anyone is surprised about them at this point.
I think it's the fact that businesses can lose their license if their customers don't wear their masks for <1% of the time they patronize said businesses is what most people have a problem with.

Too many folks are on the 'well the government said so' train, and that's a slippery aas slope.
htxag09
AG
I have a problem with it, too. I still wear a mask to every business I go to. It's not the business's fault.

If you want to address this issue, go to the politicians. Not wearing a mask to a business and making them, well making the employee, tell you to put on a mask then you telling them you're not a sheep isn't helping anyone.

Disclaimer, I know you aren't doing this, it's an extreme example. However, definitely would not surprise me if others are. At least, that's the way they talk on here.
texagbeliever
Not sure that is true. While unfortunate for employees who are tasked with being the front lines for most corporations; putting up resistance helps break the spirit of enforcement. We all know that HPD isn't rolling around trying to bust businesses for lack of covid compliance. So this is a leadership issue and this will hurt employee morale which may cause management to change their tune.
Diggity
AG
I think that's called "being a dick"
MAS444
AG
Quote:

putting up resistance helps break the spirit of enforcement

Oh for God's sake...Are you serious? These are hourly employees just trying to do their damn job. You may not be the freedom fighter you think you are.

Quote:

this will hurt employee morale

Way to go!!!
ptothemo
AG
So, giving a front line or hourly worker hell about something and then asking for their manager is classic Karen behavior, right?

But, causing that front line or hourly worker to actively go out of their way to tell someone to put their mask on in the hopes that they tell their manager in hopes that the manager will convey the message to leadership of the company is okay?

The Karens and the anti-maskers have found a common cause in ****ting on unsuspecting people just trying to make a living??
WES2006AG
AG
texagbeliever said:

Not sure that is true. While unfortunate for employees who are tasked with being the front lines for most corporations; putting up resistance helps break the spirit of enforcement. We all know that HPD isn't rolling around trying to bust businesses for lack of covid compliance. So this is a leadership issue and this will hurt employee morale which may cause management to change their tune.
So brave.
Ag06Law
AG
texagbeliever said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of masks, but this is not the right way to handle this.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
If you really want to be defiant, at least don't be a jerk about it. If no one says anything, great. If someone asks, just politely comply.
texagbeliever
MAS444 said:

Quote:

Oh for God's sake...Are you serious? These are hourly employees just trying to do their damn job. You may not be the freedom fighter you think you are.

Quote:

Way to go!!!

Well maybe management shouldn't be making their hourly employees enforce an illegal mandate then? Why are the non mask wearers the bad guys but management gets a free pass? Yes it sucks to have to be that guy, but it sucks even more seeing soceity cede their freedoms out of fear of being that guy.

Do keep in mind my "being a jerk" is making them say something and politiely telling them you don't think the rule is necessary. That's the extent. Im not trying to speak with a manager
texagbeliever
Im not going to be a jerk about it and will even put it on when checking out as a cashier. But I won't walk around with one on just because. News flash no one says anything!!

At HEB I pulled the neck gaiter over my nose to enter then pulled it down and walked around (this was at 7am so only workers really) and no one cared. Then walking to checkout I pulled it back up even though they have those plastic shields. Once you realize that employees don't want to say something then you realize it is not fear of them that keeps you wearing the mask, it is your own willful following of a bad rule.
swimmerbabe11
wasn't abbot supposed to announce something about reopening today?
MAS444
AG
Quote:

Yes it sucks to have to be that guy

Diggity
AG
Bondag
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

wasn't abbot supposed to announce something about reopening today?
I got an alert he was live about 20 minutes ago, but was busy so I am just waiting for you to post the summary here.
jetch17
AG
I think he was only addressing defunding police today
Bondag
AG
jetch17 said:

I think he was only addressing defunding police today
Is he for or against?
swimmerbabe11
I'm at work, so I'm not able to listen, but based on it being a back the blue thing, I'm guessing the police budget won't be hurt.
BowSowy
AG
texagbeliever said:

MAS444 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Way to go!!!

Well maybe management shouldn't be making their hourly employees enforce an illegal mandate then? Why are the non mask wearers the bad guys but management gets a free pass? Yes it sucks to have to be that guy, but it sucks even more seeing soceity cede their freedoms out of fear of being that guy.

Do keep in mind my "being a jerk" is making them say something and politiely telling them you don't think the rule is necessary. That's the extent. Im not trying to speak with a manager
Pulling it down when in the store is one thing. I don't really care whether people do that. But not complying when an hourly worker asks you to put your mask on? That's just being an *******
Texan_Aggie
AG
texagbeliever said:

They make ~$10/hr and its a company-wide policy they are required to abide by and enforce. Grow up.
JFrench
AG
Are there any businesses locally that have been fined or closed for not enforcing the masks on patrons?
Foamcows
AG
man, we have so many badasses in this post
FalconAg06
I buy all my cars at police auction
texagbeliever
Texan_Aggie said:

texagbeliever said:

They make ~$10/hr and its a company-wide policy they are required to abide by and enforce. Grow up.

So if company wide policy was wearing a burqa that would be cool too? I'm wondering what is the line a government (in this case a government which by proxy is using businesses) cant cross for you?

But it appears that people would jump through many hoops to defend the sensibilities of a low wage employee. Why do you think government forced businesses to enforce this law and not police? Because good people would give in to a simple ask and the police, who lacked manpower to enforce, would be uninterested in enforcement.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's....quite the leap there buddy
cc_ag92
AG
How do you know they didn't care? Again, we're talking about $10 per hour workers that you are putting into a difficult position. They don't want to confront you because they don't know how you'll react. They don't want to look at you because they can pretend they didn't see you if someone in management gets on their case.
You're just making things difficult for low-wage workers.
Ag06Law
AG
Dude, sometimes you just have to back away from a bad post. This is one of those times...
texagbeliever
This has been going on for months.
It is provable that masks have no impact on reducing the spread of the virus in a population.
Our hospitals have never been close to overran.
The mask mandate came following the George floyd protest and funeral.
Masks dehumanizing the wearers.

I wore a mask dutifully for months. But at some point I realized this isn't ending based on logic or good leadership. So i view these measures as overreach by the government. Just because they use pawns to enforce their decrees doesn't force compliance.
texagbeliever
General question after _______ weeks I will no longer wear a mask.

What is your answer? Indefinitely, end of September, October, jan 2021? People have fallen to i just have to do this today but they don't realize that 3 months ago if someone said hey you'd be wearing a mask for 3 months youd said NO. But because they only do it every 2 weeks you are okay. Change the timeline of your decision and you will see my perspective.

Again i look to engage and have positive interactions with employees. Im not cussing or swearing, but just not mindlessly following a rule anymore.
First Page Last Page
Page 264 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.