Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,484 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
FalconAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jetch17 said:

Sly says we can now go to the symphony! get your fuggin tophats out!

Black Livery Matters
CFTXAG10
AG
Every ticket purchase comes with a free mandatory COVID test at the door
FalconAg06
They're now taking the Beto approach and sending mass texts. Have to get the numbers up
LostInLA07
AG
If they give out free beer I'll think about it.
wessimo
AG
T Durden
AG
wessimo said:

Yes! This needs to be called out for everyone to see.
gougler08
AG
Just look at the epi curve of Harris county vs the case curve. The decline on the epi curve shows what a non event this is now that we've reached burnout, but Sly and all the dip**** politicians will just look at case count and say we aren't in the clear yet

It's terrible really, yet here we are

XpressAg09
AG
" Of the 514 "new" cases reported by Harris County on Tuesday, 123 dated to August and 145 were from July, the data showed. Another 99 were from June."

That's 147 actual cases from this month in one day. Today's new cases are incorrectly being quadrupled.
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
Fugging dumb

That epi says it all
T Durden
AG
XpressAg09 said:

" Of the 514 "new" cases reported by Harris County on Tuesday, 123 dated to August and 145 were from July, the data showed. Another 99 were from June."

That's 147 actual cases from this month in one day. Today's new cases are incorrectly being quadrupled.

And all the news hacks just regurgitate this ish all day every day. Can Dan Crenshaw or someone with some brains schedule a press conference and start pulling people's pants down exposing this!
Fitch
AG
Not defending that at all, but the same thing has been happening since May. Each of the blue lines on the below chart show the Epi-Curve data on the date it was published. Red line shows the daily published case numbers.

Noble07
AG
Quote:

In Texas, Harris County's overstatements have been unintentional and the result of a deluge of sometimes incomplete data from state health officials dealing with a backlog of test results, Marlow said.
My favorite line in the article. How can it be unintentional? Don't the tests have dates on them? Don't they update the epi curve at the same time that they update the useless "positive tests reported" curve?
T Durden
AG

Diggity
AG
From the article:

Quote:

"Local health officials, local media, and residents have known state backlogs have been an issue since the start of the pandemic which is why when it comes to making policy decisions we do not rely on daily case counts alone," a spokesman for Hidalgo said in an email.

no...you rely on daily case count and 3 other metrics which have to be below a certain level before recommending a reopening. What a crock.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Walking up to the door of a business outside Fulshear and was greeted with this sign today.
kapon
AG
I visited 3 customers this week in Montgomery, Magnolia, & Conroe that told me not to bother with the mask.

Headed to Austin tomorrow and temperature will be taken, mask must be worn, and must social distance while in facility.
Bondag
AG
kapon said:

I visited 3 customers this week in Montgomery, Magnolia, & Conroe that told me not to bother with the mask.

Headed to Austin tomorrow and temperature will be taken, mask must be worn, and must social distance while in facility.
In fairness to them, Austin can't write parking tickets right now so their meter maids write tickets if they see someone walk in your door without getting their temperature checked.
Post removed:
by user
Soup93
AG
Fitch - where did you get the chart?
Fitch
AG
Chart is self made using data collected from the Harris County dashboard: https://harriscounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/c0de71f8ea484b85bb5efcb7c07c6914
Agz_2003
AG
chimpanzee
Noble07 said:

Quote:

In Texas, Harris County's overstatements have been unintentional and the result of a deluge of sometimes incomplete data from state health officials dealing with a backlog of test results, Marlow said.
My favorite line in the article. How can it be unintentional? Don't the tests have dates on them? Don't they update the epi curve at the same time that they update the useless "positive tests reported" curve?
In their releases, Harris County refers to these as "new cases". This is fraud.
TMACsDaMan
In reality, they should be labeled "It's 5 o'clock, i'll record that tomorrow." or "The intern quit and this task is not my job description."

I had just rewatched an episode from season 5 of The Wire where the forensic lab tech didn't label the trace dna samples from 22 different sites. A year later when Bunk and Kima were needing the trace samples, they didn't know where each sample came from. All because of the ineptitude of those working in the lab.
TXTransplant
third coast.. said:

XpressAg09 said:

Unfugginbelievable

Where does that 514 number even come from? I'm looking at the Harris Co dashboard, and it says total new cases for Harris Co and CoH on Tuesday was 335. And 333 of those were in CoH.

Of course, it also says there were 723 new cases yesterday, 500 in the county and 223 in CoH. Which is ridiculous considering the total active case count for the county is only 1725.

I cannot believe how hard it is for our city, county, and state officials to COUNT.
XpressAg09
AG
TXTransplant said:

third coast.. said:

XpressAg09 said:

Unfugginbelievable

Where does that 514 number even come from? I'm looking at the Harris Co dashboard, and it says total new cases for Harris Co and CoH on Tuesday was 335. And 333 of those were in CoH.

Of course, it also says there were 723 new cases yesterday, 500 in the county and 223 in CoH. Which is ridiculous considering the total active case count for the county is only 1725.

I cannot believe how hard it is for our city, county, and state officials to COUNT.
Just wait til they get to be in charge of your health care.
chimpanzee
TXTransplant said:

third coast.. said:

XpressAg09 said:

Unfugginbelievable

Anyone in private industry putting out such poorly aggregated and presented numbers for people to evaluate voluntary investment decisions would be prosecuted. Yet people in government base the coercive restriction of our rights on this garbage and the sheep lap it up.
Al Bula
AG
Its local government. Not exactly dealing with the A-Team here.

XpressAg09
AG
third coast.. said:

went bowling tonight and was asked to pull my neck gaiter up for the 3o seconds we were at the counter paying, but then was able to take it off the entire time we were at our lane or playing in the arcade. makes no sense whatsoever
I got you beat.

I walked into a 90% empty restaurant, sans mask, knowing that you don't have to wear them at the table, obviously.

The host offered me a box of painter's masks, so to avoid a scene, I held it up to my mouth, walked the ten dangerous, Rona-filled feet to my table, and then promptly put the mask on the table. Had the mask on for less than ten seconds.

It's absurd at this point.
TXTransplant
chimpanzee said:

TXTransplant said:

third coast.. said:

XpressAg09 said:

Unfugginbelievable

Anyone in private industry putting out such poorly aggregated and presented numbers for people to evaluate voluntary investment decisions would be prosecuted. Yet people in government base the coercive restriction of our rights on this garbage and the sheep lap it up.

I was thinking more along the lines of "What if the chemical plants and refineries were this careless with their data/environmental reporting?"

But, yeah, same point.
Post removed:
by user
CFTXAG10
AG
From what I can tell the policies at these venues, such as the restaurant and bowling alley, are only implemented to cover their a** from getting fined, sued, etc....

Would bet a lot of these establishments could give two s***s about their patrons wearing masks as long as they can stay open and not be forced to close again by comandante
Diggity
AG
correct. These establishments are just trying to follow the regs put in place so they can try to stay in business. Not sure why anyone is surprised about them at this point.
Ag83
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

From what I can tell the policies at these venues, such as the restaurant and bowling alley, are only implemented to cover their a** from getting fined, sued, etc....

Would bet a lot of these establishments could give two s***s about their patrons wearing masks as long as they can stay open and not be forced to close again by comandante
It's also the place I get my hair cut. They are being very diligent in following all the protocols and rules but I was talking to the lady who cuts my hair last week (and she owns the place) and she thinks it's all nuts. If she had her way, it'd be business as usual in her place. But she is following all the rules because she does not want to get shut down again.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 263 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.