Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,441 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Texan_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texagbeliever said:

Texan_Aggie said:

texagbeliever said:

Not sure that is true. While unfortunate for employees who are tasked with being the front lines for most corporations; putting up resistance helps break the spirit of enforcement. We all know that HPD isn't rolling around trying to bust businesses for lack of covid compliance. So this is a leadership issue and this will hurt employee morale which may cause management to change their tune.
They make ~$10/hr and its a company-wide policy they are required to abide by and enforce. Grow up.

So if company wide policy was wearing a burqa that would be cool too? I'm wondering what is the line a government (in this case a government which by proxy is using businesses) cant cross for you?

But it appears that people would jump through many hoops to defend the sensibilities of a low wage employee. Why do you think government forced businesses to enforce this law and not police? Because good people would give in to a simple ask and the police, who lacked manpower to enforce, would be uninterested in enforcement.

I think HEB is a great company that cares for its employees, it's customers, and the state of Texas. They made their mask policy well in advance of the mandates. I'm not sure this is the hill you want to die on.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Dear giant asteroid or Yellowstone super-volcano, please come soon.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Too late, he already died on that hill
nonameag99
Texan_Aggie said:

texagbeliever said:

Texan_Aggie said:

texagbeliever said:

Not sure that is true. While unfortunate for employees who are tasked with being the front lines for most corporations; putting up resistance helps break the spirit of enforcement. We all know that HPD isn't rolling around trying to bust businesses for lack of covid compliance. So this is a leadership issue and this will hurt employee morale which may cause management to change their tune.
They make ~$10/hr and its a company-wide policy they are required to abide by and enforce. Grow up.

So if company wide policy was wearing a burqa that would be cool too? I'm wondering what is the line a government (in this case a government which by proxy is using businesses) cant cross for you?

But it appears that people would jump through many hoops to defend the sensibilities of a low wage employee. Why do you think government forced businesses to enforce this law and not police? Because good people would give in to a simple ask and the police, who lacked manpower to enforce, would be uninterested in enforcement.

I think HEB is a great company that cares for its employees, it's customers, and the state of Texas. They made their mask policy well in advance of the mandates. I'm not sure this is the hill you want to die on.
And HEB supports mail in voting

I ****ing hate HEB

Onceaggie2.0
Lol at having an affinity to a grocery store
Bassmaster
AG
Whenever a business has a mask sign, I put mine on with no resistance. But we are closing on a refi today and they are sending a notary to my home to sign the documents. She called my wife and alerted her that she will be wearing a mask and stating that we were required to as well.....in our own home. That is absurd.
FalconAg06
I put on my robe and wizard hat
BowSowy
AG
Bassmaster said:

Whenever a business has a mask sign, I put mine on with no resistance. But we are closing on a refi today and they are sending a notary to my home to sign the documents. She called my wife and alerted her that she will be wearing a mask and stating that we were required to as well.....in our own home. That is absurd.
Yeah, that is taking it too far.
chjoak
AG
Bassmaster said:

Yeah, tell them to F off. We refi'ed a couple months ago. Notary that came to our house wore a mask. We did not. Nothing was ever said about it.
Flashdiaz
AG
Wear the mask.... and only the mask
E
AG
Do we have the power as the time board community to vote people off threads...? I think someone with numerous recent posts that everyone is against should be cast off the island
XpressAg09
AG
Bassmaster said:

she will be wearing a mask and stating that we were required to as well
No, you're not.

If masks work, she's safe. If they don't, it's an exercise in futility.
CW Griswold
Let's get this thread back on track and up and running again.

-
jetch17
BSD
swimmerbabe11
nonameag99 said:

Texan_Aggie said:

texagbeliever said:

Texan_Aggie said:

texagbeliever said:

I ****ing hate HEB

It would take so much more for me to stop being a loyal HEB customer than this. Like.. they'd have to stop carrying alcohol. or something that would make the store itself inconvenient. I cant imagine being so concerned about politics that it effects where I buy my Wheaties at.
aTm2004
AG
Bassmaster said:

Yeah, sorry...hell no. Send someone else.

Go back and read some of this thread and you'll see I'm 100% anti-mask, but will wear it when I go into a place of business because they shouldn't be punished from an overreaching government because I don't agree with it. But if someone wants to enforce that policy in my own home? Hell no. You should print off a couple of signs and post them on the front door:

Sign 1:

Sign 2:
TXTransplant
If anyone has been following numbers, the CDC website updated their age demographic categories.

They added one for 0-17 and another for 18-29. Previously 15-24 was lumped together (at least I think that was the range). I'm not sure when they changed it.

Deaths through 9/5 are:

0-17: 88 (compared to 490 for pneumonia, flu, and C19 combined)

18-29: 765 (compared to 1503 for pneumonia, flu, and C19 combined)

30-49: 8024 (compared to 12427 for pneumonia, flu, and C-19 combined)

50-64: 27980 (compared to 44928 for pneumonia, flu, and C-19 combined)

Rest of the numbers can be found here:

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

aTm2004
AG
88!!! OMG!!! I knew keeping Tymmay and Madysyn home was the right choice!!! I cannot fathom putting them in that kind of danger!!! Here, they're safe and able to go swimming after eating lunch - and letting their tummies settle, of course. [/coronakaren]
TarponChaser
chjoak said:

Bassmaster said:

Yeah, tell them to F off. We refi'ed a couple months ago. Notary that came to our house wore a mask. We did not. Nothing was ever said about it.

Same here.

Really makes you think.
lamivudine
swimmerbabe11 said:

nonameag99 said:

Texan_Aggie said:

texagbeliever said:

Texan_Aggie said:

texagbeliever said:

I ****ing hate HEB

It would take so much more for me to stop being a loyal HEB customer than this. Like.. they'd have to stop carrying alcohol. or something that would make the store itself inconvenient. I cant imagine being so concerned about politics that it effects where I buy my Wheaties at.
and there it is
HtownWilly12
Lol "pro life" but anti mask which might save a life. What you mean is "pro life but not if it inconveniences me just a bit". But I get it, too wordy for your version of a live laugh love sign
HtownWilly12
You are clearly reaching here. I'm not saying they are the same but what I am saying is that it's funny how selective people can be with the application of the phrase.
To whatever degree they've been able to prove masks can help prevent the spread and save lives, why would we not as a society support that? Wear a mask and open business
RK
AG
To what degree have they been able to prove that I'm saving a life by wearing a mask while grocery shopping?
Diggity
AG
some of us have seen your ugly mug. Lives are being saved daily my friend.
Ag06Law
AG
RK said:

To what degree have they been able to prove that I'm saving a life by wearing a mask while grocery shopping?
Duh. The spread and stuff.
RK
AG
Diggity said:

some of us have seen your ugly mug. Lives are being saved daily my friend.

I've gotten much more handsome in the last decade.
Diggity
AG
damn...it has been awhile. Might need a meetup at lil woodrows on the tracks soon.
RK
AG
I slow rolled by there last night and wanted to dip in. Was pretty packed for the game.
Soup93
AG
Fitch - Based on your work with this graph, how long does it take them to take the daily new case numbers and put then into the actual day (epi curve)?

Thanks for the graph update and any info.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

You are clearly reaching here. I'm not saying they are the same but what I am saying is that it's funny how selective people can be with the application of the phrase.
To whatever degree they've been able to prove masks can help prevent the spread and save lives, why would we not as a society support that? Wear a mask and open business
If masks work, they should stop the flu, the common cold, etc. as well. If COVID is eradicated, do we continue to wear masks to prevent the spread of the flu and other ailments which, to the most sensitive populations, could also be deadly?

Do we stop doing everything that can put someone else at risk?

I wear the mask when I go out. I'm not going to bring unnecessary trouble to an hourly employee and have no desire to be the anti-mask ******* when I'm out and about. But it's a hell of a thing that the government has done to its citizens: tell them that they may kill a fellow citizen if they don't wear a piece of cloth. And we wonder why we're so divided...
chimpanzee
Soup93 said:

Fitch - Based on your work with this graph, how long does it take them to take the daily new case numbers and put then into the actual day (epi curve)?

Thanks for the graph update and any info.

Not exactly on point to your question, but here's a chart that shows the overall epi curves by date of the update. You can see as the peaks rise where the adds come in.

gougler08
AG
Also interesting that the late August numbers are going lower with each update
First Page Last Page
Page 265 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.