Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,505,292 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
752bro4 said:

Ag_07 said:

What are they telling you guys as far as being there for deilvery?

We luckily had our 2nd in early Feb right before all this hit the fan.
We delivered at Med City Dallas, so maybe not apples to apples here - had our first 2 weeks ago. I was allowed back from triage onto delivery and postpartum. Wife was tested at triage (negative), I was not tested. I wore a mask anytime outside of our room/suite. I was able to come and go with Covid pre-screening at hospital entrance. Wife did not have to mask up except for discharge to car.

All nurses/doctors were masked up at all times. Our only gripe was our Doula was not allowed into the hospital, but we could FaceTime with no problem.
White people problems.
JYDog90
AG
I read this gem on chron.com this morning:

Quote:

Turner has proposed a two-week shutdown for the city of Houston because of the continuing COVID-19 surge, but this decision is now in the hands of Governor Greg Abbott.
BohunkAg
AG
Travelag08 said:

Teacher here - I want to work! I want to be back in the classroom like normal. Problem, nothing is normal this year! TEA is ridiculous, no one wants to make real decisions, everything changes on a regular basis. It's all so frustrating!

Online school sucks for a majority of the kids. It's my opinion that people who choose remote schooling are getting a lesser product, but no school will tell you that.

I think there are many teachers like this. The unions are the ones causing problems.
Post removed:
by user
Teddy Perkins
AG
Sister just had her baby and if she had tested positive, she wouldn't be allowed to hold the baby for 2 weeks. No lie.
Ag_07
AG
C'mon now...

They can isolate her, restrict visitors, and take other precautions they're not taking with negative expectant mothers.
Post removed:
by user
YellAg2004
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Sister just had her baby and if she had tested positive, she wouldn't be allowed to hold the baby for 2 weeks. No lie.
They told us that if the mom tests positive, they'll still be able to do most everything they normally would. Everyone would obviously be in full PPE during delivery. After delivery, they would just strongly encourage the mom to wear a mask while she breastfeeds/holds baby/etc. They also suggested that the baby sleep in the nursery instead of the room if the mom is positive, but that it wasn't a hard rule and the new parents could overrule and keep the baby in the room with them.
Irish 2.0
Teddy Perkins said:

On who's orders? That is a load of **** and if it were my family, they'd have a lawyer in front of them so fast, their head would spin.
Bondag
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

They told us that if the mom tests positive, they'll still be able to do most everything they normally would. Everyone would obviously be in full PPE during delivery. After delivery, they would just strongly encourage the mom to wear a mask while she breastfeeds/holds baby/etc. They also suggested that the baby sleep in the nursery instead of the room if the mom is positive, but that it wasn't a hard rule and the new parents could overrule and keep the baby in the room with them.
So if the mom is positive the recommendation is to have the baby she is breastfeeding sleep in gen pop? WTF?
Texan_Aggie
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

I would recommend this anyway...
YellAg2004
AG
Bondag said:

YellAg2004 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

So if the mom is positive the recommendation is to have the baby she is breastfeeding sleep in gen pop? WTF?
Instead of sleeping in the room with a known positive person, yes. Not sure why that is a WTF-inducing recommendation?
FHKChE07
AG
I just looked for it but I can't find it. It was some teacher's union somewhere that was setting their conditions for going back to in-school learning. It was absolutely unachievable.
Irish 2.0
YellAg2004 said:

Bondag said:

YellAg2004 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Instead of sleeping in the room with a known positive person, yes. Not sure why that is a WTF-inducing recommendation?
I'm no doctor, but wouldn't the kid be born with COVID if the mother was positive? So then you take the COVID+ kid and put the kid into the general nursery?
FHKChE07
AG
Because I am sure all of the other parents are going to be super happy with their baby sleeping next to a baby that could be positive because the mom is covid positive...
lunchbox
TXTransplant
CreakinDeacon said:

YellAg2004 said:

Bondag said:

YellAg2004 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

I'm no doctor, but wouldn't the kid be born with COVID if the mother was positive? So then you take the COVID+ kid and put the kid into the general nursery?

There was a report out of France that identified a newborn who appeared to have contracted it in-utero, but I got the impression from the article that it's pretty rare. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.
YellAg2004
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

YellAg2004 said:

Bondag said:

YellAg2004 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Ok, I see your point. Up to this point, there isn't much evidence that suggests that a COVID+ mom passes it to the baby via the placenta prior to birth (or via breastmilk after birth). There of course have been outliers, but most of the data (albeit very limited) suggests that it's not passed to baby that way. Most COVID+ moms are delivering COVID- babies from the info we've been able to find.
BohunkAg
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

We had a friend who was informed of her positive test DURING DELIVERY. She was isolated from the baby for a couple days. That is all.
TXTransplant
YellAg2004 said:

CreakinDeacon said:

YellAg2004 said:

Bondag said:

YellAg2004 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Ok, I see your point. Up to this point, there isn't much evidence that suggests that a COVID+ mom passes it to the baby via the placenta prior to birth (or via breastmilk after birth). There of course have been outliers, but most of the data (albeit very limited) suggests that it's not passed to baby that way. Most COVID+ moms are delivering COVID- babies from the info we've been able to find.

Not the original article out of France that I read, but the preliminary conclusions are similar.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/87511
BohunkAg
AG
lunchbox said:

Wow....something that makes sense . Amazing!
BowSowy
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Curious where she delivered, because we've been told unequivocally that decision is up to the parents. A friend of mine works in L&D and said she has seen it happen. But again, that decision was made by the parents.
chjoak
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Quote:

Turner has proposed a two-week shutdown for the city of Houston because of the continuing COVID-19 surge, but this decision is now in the hands of Governor Greg Abbott.

He and Dora have been pushing for this sheet for atleast 3-4 weeks. They have both been trying to blame "opening too early" and completely ignoring the protests, gigantic funeral and our wonderful sanctuary city status harboring infected illegals from Mexico.
David_Puddy
AG
I'm not going back to through the multiple pages I've missed on this thread, so if this info has already been posted IDGAF. Anyway, went to Toyota Center this morning to get the antibodies test. It was such an easy process....from when I parked to walking through to the testing center to getting my blood drawn and leaving was less than 5 minutes. There are designated parking spots <50 yards from the entrance. You then show them your ID and get a temp check, then walk through a metal detector. Go up to the 2nd floor suite area and there are like 15 curtained off spots where they draw your blood. That was quick as well. Plenty of signage to get you in and out quickly. My insurance covered it & you can register here....

https://covid-19.pilot.genalyte.com/?city=houston
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

Help me understand how 6A & 5A football not being safe until September, but 4A safe a month earlier makes sense.
lunchbox
Panama Red said:

Quote:

Help me understand how 6A & 5A football not being safe until September, but 4A safe a month earlier makes sense.
They had to cut it off somewhere. They probably looked at the current case counts and figured out how many 4As were in the hardest hit areas. If there were more, 4A would have probably been lumped in with 5A and 6A.
BohunkAg
AG
Panama Red said:

Quote:

Yep....has to do with 6A and 5A being in the biggest population centers I would assume, and the lower classifications being in the more rural areas, which haven't been as hard hit. It's something at least.
AgLiving06
Willy Wonka said:

Quote:

Of course Turner would and it's 100% political.

Things are trending downward right now, so why not shut it down, so you can claim it was the shutdown that did it.
Panama Red
AG
Yates & Kashmere are in 4A. So I ask again, how does this plan make sense?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Memorial Herman Katy. This may have just been a scare tactic so she would be vigilant in isolating leading up to birth but that's what they told her.
BohunkAg
AG
Panama Red said:

It makes more sense that not doing anything, which is what everyone else seems to be wanting to do. There are Dallas schools in this boat too.
Post removed:
by user
lunchbox
Panama Red said:

They weren't going to be able to let some 4A open on time and some be delayed. They had to make a decision and there must have been more 4A in better areas than not.
Panama Red
AG
There's little, if any, logic to it. It's UIL trying to look like it's doing something to protect kids.

This plan is better than delaying everyone, but "sense" is wholly lacking.
BohunkAg
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 212 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.