Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,415 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXTransplant said:

BohunkAg said:

WorthAg95 said:

I'm so angry. I don't even know why I'm surprised to see this because I'm not.

This hurts our youngest kids the most and especially low-income children. If this isn't racist, I don't know what is.

That's what is the saddest. The well to do children won't be affected much. The low income kids are actively hurt by the decision. The gap will be made wider.

I posted this yesterday in another thread:

As a country, we've spent the last two months protesting and having passionate discussions about social injustice and systemic discrimination, yet we want to indefinitely suspend the one widespread institution that actually gives the underprivileged any chance of overcoming those injustices and let them fall even further behind than they already are.

That's because for the longest time in this country it's all been symbolic. No one wants to do anything meaningful. They only want to appear to do something without actually having to change the status quo.
JYDog90
AG
They can't supersede the TEA. This is a whole bunch of nothing.
chjoak
AG
TXTransplant said:

LostInLA07 said:

They can't make schools do anything but it does ensure schools that decide to go online only get full funding because they are following instruction of public health officials.

Will be interesting to see what Tomball does. I think they're one of the last harris county districts offering in person from day 1.

Did Klein, Humble, and CyFair change their minds about an in person option? Conroe caved, and they are in Montgomery Co.

The Austin Public Health mandate prohibited schools from opening.

We JUST got an email today about in-person sectionals and marching practice (if you want to do it). Tells me the ISD has no clue this was happening, which is inexcusable.
For now CFISD is in person by choice from day one. However, there is an emergency meeting this week and there are rumors that they may either cave and go first few weeks online for everyone or may push the start back into Sept. I really don't like either option.
tylercsbn9
AG
chjoak said:

TXTransplant said:

LostInLA07 said:

They can't make schools do anything but it does ensure schools that decide to go online only get full funding because they are following instruction of public health officials.

Will be interesting to see what Tomball does. I think they're one of the last harris county districts offering in person from day 1.

Did Klein, Humble, and CyFair change their minds about an in person option? Conroe caved, and they are in Montgomery Co.

We JUST got an email today about in-person sectionals and marching practice (if you want to do it). Tells me the ISD has no clue this was happening, which is inexcusable.
For now CFISD is in person by choice from day one. However, there is an emergency meeting this week and there are rumors that they may either cave and go first few weeks online for everyone or may push the start back into Sept. I really don't like either option.

If Cy fair pushes to after Labor Day then it will only add two days end of year. They have 8 extra days built in by adding minutes to the day.

That's at least more palatable than starting online end of August
tamuags08
AG

TXTransplant
tylercsbn9 said:

chjoak said:

TXTransplant said:

LostInLA07 said:

If Cy fair pushes to after Labor Day then it will only add two days end of year. They have 8 extra days built in by adding minutes to the day.

That's at least more palatable than starting online end of August

I don't see the point at all of delaying school until after Labor Day. There is no guarantee they will be allowed to open, and that just wastes two weeks.

Might as well just start online-only and hope school can open sooner rather than later.

I don't think Tomball has the option to delay the start of school without seriously disrupting the school calendar.
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
You should probably step back from the keyboard, your posting doesn't seem healthy as of late. Just an opinion.
AeroAg1
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

You should probably step back from the keyboard, your posting doesn't seem healthy as of late. Just an opinion.
Good Lord! You can spot them coming a mile away!
AeroAg1
AG
third coast.. said:

If these ****ing masks actually worked I'd be able to go with my wife to her medical appointment tomorrow. Absolutely ludicrous that I'm not allowed to go with her in a dr office setting.
Mask only work when they want them to work. Want to eat at a restaurant? Wear a mask. Want to go to school? Hold up I can't risk my life.
BarryProfit
BowSowy
AG
third coast.. said:

If these ****ing masks actually worked I'd be able to go with my wife to her medical appointment tomorrow. Absolutely ludicrous that I'm not allowed to go with her in a dr office setting.
Welcome to the club, pal. I have missed appointments and ultrasounds for our first child. It sucks
BowSowy
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I will once again point out that you don't live in Houston and never have. Why the **** do you keep butting in on this thread that discusses the coronavirus in relation to houston?
gougler08
AG
BowSowy said:

third coast.. said:

Welcome to the club, pal. I have missed appointments and ultrasounds for our first child. It sucks
That's rough man...I've missed those as well but it's my 3rd kid at least so I've at least gotten to experience it before
BowSowy
AG
gougler08 said:

BowSowy said:

third coast.. said:

That's rough man...I've missed those as well but it's my 3rd kid at least so I've at least gotten to experience it before
I'm fortunate that I got to be there for the first couple of ultrasounds. And she's coming today or tomorrow so no more crying over spilt milk, right?
gougler08
AG
BowSowy said:

gougler08 said:

BowSowy said:

third coast.. said:

I'm fortunate that I got to be there for the first couple of ultrasounds. And she's coming today or tomorrow so no more crying over spilt milk, right?
Good luck man, fatherhood is a joy
YellAg2004
AG
BowSowy said:

gougler08 said:

BowSowy said:

third coast.. said:

I'm right there with you. First kid due in 10 days. Like you, I luckily got to go to the first few ultrasounds and got to see him. They've allowed my wife to facetime me on subsequent ultrasounds, but I couldn't see anything that was recognizable as a kid other than a brief profile view. It was pretty disappointing, but I've just tried to keep focusing on the big picture - baby and mom are both healthy and doing well.

Good luck!
Ag_07
AG
What are they telling you guys as far as being there for deilvery?

We luckily had our 2nd in early Feb right before all this hit the fan.
BowSowy
AG
I am able to be there, but just me. Thankfully, I'm able to leave and come back if need be. I'll be masked, not sure about my wife. She took a COVID test a few days ago and was negative, so I hope they won't make her wear one during labor.
BowSowy
AG
Good luck to you as well! And you're right, as long as my wife and my daughter get home healthy, I'm fine with everything that's happened.
XpressAg09
AG
Couldn't wait for Keegan to post today. If a trend line has a negative slope, can we assume it's been flattened? Or two more weeks?

JYDog90
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Couldn't wait for Keegan to post today. If a trend line has a negative slope, can we assume it's been flattened? Or two more weeks?

We need two more weeks to make sure it's not just a gully.

Mikeyshooter
AG
I think you know the answer to your question...
gougler08
AG
XpressAg09 said:

It's not 0, so not good enough
swimmerbabe11
my best friend just got home. Thought she was in labor, but not quite there yet. I'm too lazy to summarize, so this is what she said
Quote:

So before they admit people for delivery you always have to through triage in the OB ER. He wasn't allowed back there with me at all. He had to wait outside for two hours while I was what I thought laboring

so she was all alone for two hours like that.
I dont understand it.
FHKChE07
AG
Teachers aren't willing to go back until there has been 9 weeks of no positive tests. A benchmark that even new Zealand, an island country that closed it's border, didn't even think was necessary...
cone
AG
who said that?

this disease is endemic. that will literally never happen.
JYDog90
AG
In New Zealand they've gone to 3' distance between kids in school.
Ag_07
AG
FHKChE07 said:

Teachers aren't willing to go back until there has been 9 weeks of no positive tests. A benchmark that even new Zealand, an island country that closed it's border, didn't even think was necessary...

OK...Then furlough them all along with facilities staff, secretaries, and hell no need for principles and vice principals.

You don't need any of them to do online classes.

Probably another topic for another forum but if schools aren't open for a significant amount of time adjustments need to be made for taxes because we're being charged for a service that's not being offered.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
FHKChE07 said:

If they don't work...then they don't get paid. Like the rest of the world.

F-them.
Travelag08
Teacher here - I want to work! I want to be back in the classroom like normal. Problem, nothing is normal this year! TEA is ridiculous, no one wants to make real decisions, everything changes on a regular basis. It's all so frustrating!

Online school sucks for a majority of the kids. It's my opinion that people who choose remote schooling are getting a lesser product, but no school will tell you that.

YellAg2004
AG
Ag_07 said:

We're going to Memorial Hermann at Memorial City. What they've told us is that I'm allowed with her, but I can't leave and no one else can come and/or take my place. If I leave, she'll be alone for the remainder. They said that they would give her a COVID test when we arrive, but I'll just go through the symptom screening (temp. check, etc.).

This is all subject to change at any second. The nurse that did the virtual tour had us pretty worried because she said they were considering making the fathers leave 1-2 hours after the baby is born, but our doctor assured us that that won't happen as she said the doctors would push back hard against that.

Either way, I'll be glad when this is all over as logic and reason seem to play no role and there's nothing but broad brush policies being enacted across the entire hospital system with little regard for the specific circumstances each department faces.

Of course, on the virtual tour, the first question another couple asked was if the delivering mother could refuse the COVID test. They stated yes, but then she would be treated as if she was positive. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind her refusing the test, but I can't imagine it's based in reason/fact.
htxag09
AG
Yep, and guess wha? All online classes means more students per teacher. So every 3 teachers could be cut down to 2, or 2 to 1.
752bro4
AG
Ag_07 said:

We delivered at Med City Dallas, so maybe not apples to apples here - had our first 2 weeks ago. I was allowed back from triage onto delivery and postpartum. Wife was tested at triage (negative), I was not tested. I wore a mask anytime outside of our room/suite. I was able to come and go with Covid pre-screening at hospital entrance. Wife did not have to mask up except for discharge to car.

All nurses/doctors were masked up at all times. Our o boy gripe was our Doula was not allowed into the hospital, but we could FaceTime with no problem.
First Page Last Page
Page 211 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.