Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,498,752 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why are you getting upset that they are coming out and saying they don't want to shut down fall sports?
Post removed:
by user
Panama Red
AG
Sasappis said:

Panama Red said:

There's little, if any, logic to it. It's UIL trying to look like it's doing something to protect kids.

This plan is better than delaying everyone, but "sense" is wholly lacking.

What is a better solution. Please be specific.

Let everyone start as scheduled originally.
Post removed:
by user
Panama Red
AG
That apparently doesn't matter. Schools in Houston aren't starting in person until mid-October, yet football starts in August for some, September for others.
LB12Diamond
AG
UIL hands were basically tied unless they decided some large schools would be put at a disadvantage. This stance is giving them a chance to play. Now all schools know what they have to plan for if they want to do sports etc.
JYDog90
AG
Panama Red said:

Schools in Houston aren't starting in person until mid-October

I don't believe that will prove to be true. I don't think they accommodate Dora's strongly worded request.

EDIT: Unless you're just referring to HISD
Post removed:
by user
BohunkAg
AG
I guess the UIL is going to work directly with the schools this causes scheduling issues for. Better to deal with a few schools than all of them.

https://www.uiltexas.org/press-releases/detail/modified-uil-activities-calendar-and-covid-19-guidelines-for-2020-2021
Keegan99
AG
Data from the state system charted. Houston looks to be over the hump.

Post removed:
by user
Jackal99
AG
Better wait two more weeks to be sure...
Unemployed
AG
Jackal99 said:

This meme needs to die.
Bondag
AG
RealTalk said:

Jackal99 said:

This meme needs to die.
Just like memaw
BohunkAg
AG
third coast.. said:

Just pray there is no more police brutality between now and the school year.
Don't give anyone any ideas.
lunchbox
Looks like Cy-Fair is pushing the start of school back to 9/8 and then in-person students can go to school.

jobu93
AG
it's I think two weeks from the original start time. They can do this and still maintain the regular schedule. I'm pretty pleased with my CFISD board using the time to get things right. They are still going with live in school teaching and that is so important.

Lina won't like it.
chjoak
AG
jobu93 said:

it's I think two weeks from the original start time. They can do this and still maintain the regular schedule. I'm pretty pleased with my CFISD board using the time to get things right. They are still going with live in school teaching and that is so important.

Lina won't like it.
F Lina
jobu93
AG
chjoak said:

jobu93 said:

Lina won't like it.
F Lina
Amen.
jenn96
AG
BohunkAg said:

I guess the UIL is going to work directly with the schools this causes scheduling issues for. Better to deal with a few schools than all of them.

https://www.uiltexas.org/press-releases/detail/modified-uil-activities-calendar-and-covid-19-guidelines-for-2020-2021

Schools that don't open should have to forfeit. Let the ISD/County officials have to face the ramifications of their decisions.
Post removed:
by user
BohunkAg
AG
jenn96 said:

BohunkAg said:

Schools that don't open should have to forfeit. Let the ISD/County officials have to face the ramifications of their decisions.
Eh, you are punishing the kids for the decisions of stupid adults then.
jenn96
AG
Students are already being punished. Hurting sports actually affects something the school officials care about.
Ag_07
AG
You're punishing parents too.

They're either...

working and teaching their kids from home or offices open back up sooner than schools then what?
LB12Diamond
AG
Cy fair coming out and saying they will be providing both at school and online AFTER Hidalgo's letter is big.

All the other schools that were planning this but had stated their plans prior to the letter will most likely state they are moving forward with their original plan. Especially if over 50% or more of the families pick at school.
jenn96
AG
I suspect the numbers will be highly skewed towards elementary at school. Like 75% of elementary kids will be at school but maybe 50% of high schoolers.
BohunkAg
AG
BTW, the more you push your start dates back on everything, the closer you get to the beginning of flu season, which presents a whole other set of issues.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Reading between the lines from what CFISD is saying...

the 2 week delay is more about digital training and hoping shipments of chromebooks come in and less about the virus...
LB12Diamond
AG
Exactly

They need that time to get the technology in place for those that pick online. Cy Fairs is a big school district.

Makes one wonder how HISD is doing getting everything ready.
Al Bula
AG
Jebber said:

their willful disruption of public education is Chapter1 of the Marxist Democrat Subversion Playbook. An uneducated populace will rely on government welfare for survival.
TXTransplant
Looking for volunteers In the Houston area for a vaccine trial.

http://www.houstonfightscovid.com/
TXTransplant
CypressCPAg said:

Reading between the lines from what CFISD is saying...

the 2 week delay is more about digital training and hoping shipments of chromebooks come in and less about the virus...

While I understand the district wanting/needing extra time, why did they announce they were going to start on time a week or two ago (whenever all those announcements came out)?

Was it because the state/TEA was expecting/forcing them to?

If so, it seems like TEA should have been issuing waivers to allow for the delayed start of schools before Austin Public Health forced their hand.

The level of ineptitude is almost mind-boggling.
Bondag
AG
Jebber said:

Exactly

They need that time to get the technology in place for those that pick online. Cy Fairs is a big school district.

They just pay one of Sylvester's friends 3X retail to buy chromebooks for them.
jenn96
AG
Jebber said:

Exactly

Pahdz
Ocean Of Funk said:

Jebber said:

their willful disruption of public education is Chapter1 of the Marxist Democrat Subversion Playbook. An uneducated populace will rely on government welfare for survival.

Wait...I thought it was some conservatives that wanted to tear down public education for indoctrination of Marxist ideas. Can't have both can you?
First Page Last Page
Page 213 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.