Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,506,649 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aTm2004 said:

You're a woman? Did not know that. It's great for us men. No shaving, just flick the hair back after brushing our teeth and we're golden. Going to the store? Grab a hat.

Yep, I'm a woman. I've got pretty low standards when it comes to going to the store - I'll go with crazy hair or right after I work out.

But, I'm very particular about my appearance when it comes to work. I've seen too many women undermine their professional reputations by dressing strangely or inappropriately at work.

I've done exactly two video conferences while WFH. One was with the four guys that I work closely with on a daily basis, so I let my guard down a little. The other one, I went in the bathroom and styled my hair before the meeting. Thankfully computer cameras aren't HD, and I wear glasses, so I can get away with no makeup.
TXTransplant
third coast.. said:

aTm2004 said:

You're a woman? Did not know that. It's great for us men. No shaving, just flick the hair back after brushing our teeth and we're golden. Going to the store? Grab a hat.

Havent cut my hair since before we deployed in february and my mustache is quite ridiculous now.

I'm kinda liking the shaggy look on the men right now! I have a few friends/colleagues who are wearing it well. And it hasn't been long enough that they've had to resort to man-buns (because I draw a hard line there).
lunchbox
SoupNazi2001 said:

Fitch said:

Houston area get ready for virtual school in the fall.

That's not going to happen.
Sorry to burst bubbles, but HISD is going to have virtual learning in some form or fashion. They are still working on deciding if kids will split days at school, etc.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sounds like they can fire 1/2 the teachers and most admin employees then and save a ****load of tax dollars too!
aTm2004
AG
Was hoping to be a younger Dusty Hill when I went back to the office, but even with a beard at the start of this, it ain't happening unless we open the fall 2021.
aTm2004
AG
Sound a lot like my wife. She DGAF what she looks like when she goes out, but when she gets dressed up...damn.
AgLiving06
lunchbox said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Fitch said:

Sorry to burst bubbles, but HISD is going to have virtual learning in some form or fashion. They are still working on deciding if kids will split days at school, etc.

Sounds like Private Schools are gonna do well this next year then.
TXTransplant
aTm2004 said:

Sound a lot like my wife. She DGAF what she looks like when she goes out, but when she gets dressed up...damn.

The DGAF comes with age. I can remember a time in college when I wouldn't go to the rec center without make-up. At some point you realize that just about no one looks good when they first roll out of bed, and the extra effort it takes to get made up isn't worth it for strangers at the grocery store.

I don't want to look like a crazy, unkempt cat lady at work, though.
TXTransplant
lunchbox said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Fitch said:

Is this virus spreading to the other local ISDs?

Edit: I think it's good if the districts are trying to improve their online capabilities. I'm not on board with them coming to the conclusion NOW that school will have to continue online in the fall.
JYDog90
AG
AgLiving06 said:

lunchbox said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Fitch said:

Sounds like Private Schools are gonna do well this next year then.

They're going to be subject to it as well. But private schools are better equipped to deal with the social distancing because class size is more of a distinctive. And hopefully they'll be able to spread out a little more to keep all their kids on campus.

I take issue with Fitch's original post because I thought the article in the Chron was misleading, "Ft Bend Students Likely to Continue Online Classes in the Fall." "Continue" means doing what they're doing now. But what the article goes on to say is that there may be a combo deal where folks may have to go MWF in person one week and TR in person the next or something like that. That's a lot different than what they're doing now.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Does HISD assume there's always going to be a parent home for the sex trophies to be able to have web based education all the time?
Fitch
AG
Fort Bend County going the same way.
Al Bula
AG
Education is about to not mean anything because pass rates for inept students will go up. Colleges will accept even dumber kids because they will be called racist if they don't. So newer, radical far left idiotic majors will he developed for imbeciles and we will have Marxists graduating college and not doing anything.

Next thing you knows it will be Idiocracy and Ow My Balls.

aTm2004
AG
I'm assuming for many schools in HISD, this is the case.
Premium
AG
Premium said:

Premium said:

Costco lines were crazy yesterday. I went to Costco fully intending to "stock up".

Wife didn't want a value pack of Wolf Brand chili and it fell apart from there. She clearly wasn't taking this seriously. So I gave up, we got samples, tested out the massage chair Road Show and got nothing worthy of a Coronavirus supply.

I might try again today.

So we ended up at HEB on Sunday afternoon just in time for the madhouse.

We kept reminding each other that yes this was Coronavirus demand, but this is also peak grocery shopping time on a typical week. Sure, the Lysol Disinfecting detergent was gone, but isn't that what the hottest setting on a modern washer is supposed to do anyways? We didn't feel like we were missing out.

Yes, our trip was $300 and we have more canned goods and carbs than our New Years resolution would allow, but the other shoppers made us feel good. The mom who packed her cart at least one foot higher than us and then topped it off with a six pack of wine had us all beat.

Bottom line is we have already started to enjoy the fruits of our labor. The family sized Kit Kat's, Reese's and York Peppermints have already found their way into a nice community jar where we can partake while we are "stuck indoors" .

That was March 2nd. She had a name and I didn't even know it yet... Karen.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Things are getting rough on the west side.

jetch17
aTm2004
AG
Is that the place at Dairy Ashford and Briar Forest? It looks familiar.
Sazerac
AG
Yup
jetch17
AG
Fitting for a place that used to be called The Car Masseuse
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
aTm2004 said:

Is that the place at Dairy Ashford and Briar Forest? It looks familiar.

Yep
LondonAg89
AG
third coast.. said:

Day 70 quarantined to my ship.

How're you and your wife holding up?
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
Texas has started publishing estimated active case data, i.e. confirmed cases less estimated recovered and deaths. In theory this should be a more real-time look than just the total case data.

Per the State health department website, the formula for estimates is as follows:
  • Total Confirmed Cases
  • Less: Any Deaths
  • Of the remaining, estimate 20% will require hospitalization / 80% will not
  • Hospitalized case recovery time is ~32 days
  • Non-hospitalized case recovery time is ~14 days

State & Metro-Level Data:

County-Level Data:

Source: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/additionaldata/
BBRex
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Oh look, Turner has another opinion.

Acres Homes has had quite a few reported cases. I would bet that has something to do with it.
HalifaxAg
AG
Shife said:

Education is about to not mean anything because pass rates for inept students will go up. Colleges will accept even dumber kids because they will be called racist if they don't. So newer, radical far left idiotic majors will he developed for imbeciles and we will have Marxists graduating college and not doing anything.

Next thing you knows it will be Idiocracy and Ow My Balls.

Go away, I'm bating...
HtownWilly12
BBRex said:

Ranger #007 said:

Oh look, Turner has another opinion.

Acres Homes has had quite a few reported cases. I would bet that has something to do with it.
Shhh... your closet racism is showing. (PS. you still can't wear that one mask out in public)
aTm2004
AG
Isn't Acres Homes where the dead hookers kept showing up?
HtownWilly12
aTm2004 said:

Isn't Acres Homes where the dead hookers kept showing up?
It's always sad to see a tragedy like that with any type of essential workers. (Definitely will google now)
aTm2004
AG
Yep. My uncle used to work at the fire station off of Little York in Acres Homes, and I'd go visit him from time to time. The poor guys on he amber lamps were hardly ever there, and one Christmas Day (maybe Thanksgiving) I was up there for an hour or so, he told me they all hated the holidays because they'd often have to make 2 runs to the same house. A couple of family members who hate each other give it a shot then remember why they don't like each other, so they fight. Amber lamps is called and has to take ol boy to the hospital. Amber lamps is called later that day because ol boy is out of hospital and goes back and shoots or stabs the other.
MAROON
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Akashi?

take out only. same with uchi, kata, nippon.

sushi to go is terrible.
benihana and Ra seem to be only places open...that's...suboptimal
the answer is Oishi
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.