Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,490 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MAROON said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Akashi?

take out only. same with uchi, kata, nippon.

sushi to go is terrible.
benihana and Ra seem to be only places open...that's...suboptimal
the answer is Oishi
Please delete this post and don't let the secret of Oishi out.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
That secret has been out for 10 years.
aTm2004
AG
It's starting.

BQ_90
AG
aTm2004 said:

It's starting.

bet this doesn't apply to interns hired by Sly.
aTm2004
AG
Of course not. He's getting a raise and extra PTO.
JYDog90
AG
We can't have those city employees going back to work too quickly. Don't want to risk a spike.
Formerly Willy Wonka
IrishTxAggie
AG
Willy Wonka said:

We can't have those city employees going back to work too quickly. Don't want to risk a spike.
$50 says they'll get back pay with interest.
Fitch
AG
Drive-in opening tonight at Sawyer Yards with food take out from Buffalo Bayou Brewing.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/05-06-20-drive-in-theater-houston-sawyer-yards-rooftop-cinema-club-buffalo-brewing-co-movies-schedule-tickets-free-screenings/?utm_source=hot-headlines

May 12 Grease; Drive
May 13 Night at the Museum; Silence of the Lambs
May 14 The Princess Bride; Romeo + Juliet
May 15 The Greatest Showman; The Rocky Horror Picture Show
May 16 Grease; Moulin Rouge
May 17 The Sandlot; Brown Sugar
swimmerbabe11
wierd. I thought oishii was a college kid thing.
Texaggie7nine
Everything is already sold out but Drive and Romeo & Juliet
7nine
drumboy
AG
Fitch said:

Drive-in opening tonight at Sawyer Yards with food take out from Buffalo Bayou Brewing.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/05-06-20-drive-in-theater-houston-sawyer-yards-rooftop-cinema-club-buffalo-brewing-co-movies-schedule-tickets-free-screenings/?utm_source=hot-headlines

May 12 Grease; Drive
I saw that last week and they pretty much suck except for tomorrow night. I thought about picking up a sofa on Next Door to throw on top my truck bed Olsen Field circa 99 style but I'm having a few friends over to watch the UFC....and I very rarely watch UFCs these days but whatever it's live sports and it's not golf.

The Princess Bride; Romeo + Juliet would be good if you're trying get some strange.
swimmerbabe11
Dallas and Fort Bend may screw it up for the rest of us.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/unreleased-white-house-report-shows-coronavirus-rates-spiking-heartland-communities-n1204751

Quote:

Stay safe and better yet, stay home!

"Dallas and Fort Bend counties in Texas, where decisions are made locally, are on a "locations to watch" list because they have recorded increases in numbers of cases of 116.8 percent and 64.8 percent, respectively."
jenn96
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/unreleased-white-house-report-shows-coronavirus-rates-spiking-heartland-communities-n1204751

Quote:

"Dallas and Fort Bend counties in Texas, where decisions are made locally, are on a "locations to watch" list because they have recorded increases in numbers of cases of 116.8 percent and 64.8 percent, respectively."

It wasn't clear to me from the article - is that total cases going up or rate of positive cases going up? Because testing has increased considerably, so overall cases should be going up quite a bit. That's good. What's bad is if the rate of positive cases is also going up. And the only thing that really matters is hospitalization rate, since more people getting mild cases is the actual goal.
redag06
Don't care who it applies to, just want pool inspections to keep moving along. Have one stuck in the permit stage right now.
RK
AG
ours got approved yesterday. took 6 f'in weeks. houston is probably faster, bellaire moves at the speed of mud.
wessimo
AG
28 bucks a car for a crappy viewing of an old movie I can probably stream in my living room?

mm98
AG
jenn96 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

It wasn't clear to me from the article - is that total cases going up or rate of positive cases going up? Because testing has increased considerably, so overall cases should be going up quite a bit. That's good. What's bad is if the rate of positive cases is also going up. And the only thing that really matters is hospitalization rate, since more people getting mild cases is the actual goal.

I had to read it three times. It appears this is based strictly on the number of cases. I live in Katy (FtBend side) and we get updates every few days from our constable with stats on Nextdoor.com

Nothing indicating any major concerns, except that many more places are conducting testing.
RK
AG
wessimo said:

28 bucks a car for a crappy viewing of an old movie I can probably stream in my living room?

Bruh, I've been stuck in my house with 2 kids for 2 months...I'd pay a lot more for a lot less. 90 minutes of kid entertainment and 90 minutes of dad power housing tumblers of beam and diet sounds pretty good.
jetch17
AG
I don't need a drive in for that
RK
AG
I don't "need" it, but a change of scenery is nice.
Bondag
AG
RK said:

I don't "need" it, but a change of scenery is nice.

I'm not driving half a mile to sit in my truck.
RK
AG
I'd drive half a block to sit in my truck.
Fitch
AG
On site. Brewery is open and serving. Great setup.
Jack Klompus
AG
mm98 said:

jenn96 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

I had to read it three times. It appears this is based strictly on the number of cases. I live in Katy (FtBend side) and we get updates every few days from our constable with stats on Nextdoor.com

Nothing indicating any major concerns, except that many more places are conducting testing.
My understanding is that the increases in Fort Bend are related to the jail.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Fitch said:

May 12 Grease; Drive
I went last night, I enjoyed it even though the weather sucked
RK
AG
How was Grease?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
RK said:

How was Grease?
It was a good lubricant for the quarantined Ferris Wheel ball bearings
wessimo
AG
All of the screenings are currently shown as sold out so I guess my wet blanket take was in the minority.

https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/houston/venue/the-drive-in-sawyer-yards/
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
wessimo said:

All of the screenings are currently shown as sold out so I guess my wet blanket take was in the minority.

https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/houston/venue/the-drive-in-sawyer-yards/
Quote:

Hopefully you've heard about our new contact-free cinema experience by now The Drive-In at Sawyer Yards! In case you missed the news (or want to learn more), be sure to check out the new venue page on our website. We are so excited to open our "doors" to The Drive-In tonight, and we have some other exciting news to share! You asked for more tickets and more films and we listened.

Tomorrow, we will be releasing two weeks of new screenings! Be sure to mark your calendars for the ticket launch on Wednesday, May 13, at 12 p.m. CT, because our first week sold out fast.

If you have a cancellation voucher code for a spring screening and haven't used it yet, you can apply the credit toward any Drive-In movie! Fill out all the purchase info as you usually would, and then apply your unique voucher code at checkout.

We'll send another email tomorrow reminding you of ticket launch and sharing some of our absolute favorite movies on The Drive-In program.
BohunkAg
AG
Jack Klompus said:

mm98 said:

jenn96 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

My understanding is that the increases in Fort Bend are related to the jail.
There is one county around where I am right now that they have been breathlessly trumpeting the case increases. Turns out it's the county with all the prisons and all the cases are prison related.
XpressAg09
AG
I miss your pound town meme.
swimmerbabe11
is the "oh well" about prison cases because that's fairly self contained? or just not caring about prison population?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
all my fun gifs got the 'rona & do not work anymore
Texaggie7nine
swimmerbabe11 said:

is the "oh well" about prison cases because that's fairly self contained? or just not caring about prison population?
I think it's more that the vast majority are asymtomatic or mild which seems to be the case with any mostly healthy population. And the fact that prisoners' living situation is not really comparable to normal people.
7nine
Jack Cheese
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I think it's more that the vast majority are asymtomatic or mild which seems to be the case with any mostly healthy population. And the fact that prisoners' living situation is not really comparable to normal people.

And prison cases are irrelevant to re-opening businesses, which was the context.
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.