Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,503,383 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
AgCPA95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BowSowy said:

TXTransplant said:

AgCPA95 said:

TXTransplant said:

What's this talk about stores like HEB and Home Depot already using the 25% rule? None of the stores where I am have been doing that. HEB was restricting access when they first opened, but that was to control the mad dash for TP and paper towels.

Trader Joe's is the only store that was restricting access. Don't know what "rule" they were using because as soon as I saw the line down the sidewalk and around the side of the building, I left.

I was in HEB Friday and they will still limiting traffic to what was likely 25% based on how busy the story normally is. I know to go mid morning around 10:00am as you can walk right in after morning rush. By the time I left there were about 30-40 people staged to go in for the lunchtime rush. They have been doing this since mid March.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the two stores in my area weren't doing this. No one was counting people as they entered, and the couple of times that I've gone in the store, it's been pretty crowded.
It's been hit or miss with me. I definitely have had to stand in line some times, other times there was no line
I've gone every week to the store at Fry and 99 in Katy and there has always been at least one and usually 2 or 3 employees at the entrance spraying carts with a gloved employee giving you a cart and making sure that everyone uses the hand sanitizer station. One they hit a threshold they were pausing the line controlling entry.
TXTransplant
swimmerbabe11 said:

Q: Entrepreneurs.. the people who can't open yet.. what do you say to them
A: We want them open asap, everyone wants a haircut right now. The strategy would be one customer in per salon worker, but they are still very close contact and we are working on solutions... but we need better solutions.
YES PREACH THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT THE PRODUCE AISLE. PEOPLE ARE SUPER SPACED EVERY WHERE ELSE THEN PUT THEIR STUPID GRUBBY HANDS ON EVERY SINGLE PEACH IN THE CRATE AND ONLY BUY ONE.

Seriously, I don't understand the issue with barbershops and hair salons. Make people space/spread out, no people waiting or loitering in the shop, but let these people get back to work!

If some stylists don't feel comfortable cutting hair right now, they can opt out.
BohunkAg
AG
CDUB98 said:

As a private business, you well know that HEB can require masks in their store.
I guess I won't be going to HEB any time soon.
TXTransplant
AgCPA95 said:

BowSowy said:

TXTransplant said:

AgCPA95 said:

TXTransplant said:

What's this talk about stores like HEB and Home Depot already using the 25% rule? None of the stores where I am have been doing that. HEB was restricting access when they first opened, but that was to control the mad dash for TP and paper towels.

Trader Joe's is the only store that was restricting access. Don't know what "rule" they were using because as soon as I saw the line down the sidewalk and around the side of the building, I left.

I was in HEB Friday and they will still limiting traffic to what was likely 25% based on how busy the story normally is. I know to go mid morning around 10:00am as you can walk right in after morning rush. By the time I left there were about 30-40 people staged to go in for the lunchtime rush. They have been doing this since mid March.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the two stores in my area weren't doing this. No one was counting people as they entered, and the couple of times that I've gone in the store, it's been pretty crowded.
It's been hit or miss with me. I definitely have had to stand in line some times, other times there was no line
I've gone every week to the store at Fry and 99 in Katy and there has always been at least one and usually 2 or 3 employees at the entrance spraying carts with a gloved employee giving you a cart and making sure that everyone uses the hand sanitizer station. One they hit a threshold they were pausing the line controlling entry.

We had those people at one of my local HEB stores (not the other). Maybe they were counting and I just didn't realize it because the store was below the limit. Seemed more crowded than 25% a couple of the times I went in.

The only time I saw a line was when the store first opened in the morning.
swimmerbabe11
I've never seen that but "Are any of your employees disgruntled" "Hell, they are all disgruntled" made me laugh pretty good. If that guy were Chinese, he'd probably sound like my boss right now.
Post removed:
by user
Texaggie7nine
swimmerbabe11 said:

I've never seen that but "Are any of your employees disgruntled" "Hell, they are all disgruntled" made me laugh pretty good. If that guy were Chinese, he'd probably sound like my boss right now.
You've never seen Raising Arizona?

You just lost so many cool points with me right now.
7nine
JYDog90
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

drumboy said:

What's the work on social gatherings? Do we still have to get shamed for front yard socially-distanced gatherings or hidden back yard playdates?

They didn't mention anything about that.. but they said churches can open back up more broadly.. so I'm assuming that means funerals and weddings are going to be back on for the religious folks.

I mean, I watched some friends get married on fb live at my church the other day... so people are still getting married, but you know what I mean.
They say on pgs 39-41 of the report that churches can open back up but family units have to be 6' apart or at least two seats between you and a vacant row between you.

Here's a copy of the report that's on the KXAN website since the Governor's website got overrun.
Formerly Willy Wonka
swimmerbabe11
TXTransplant said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

A: We want them open asap, everyone wants a haircut right now. The strategy would be one customer in per salon worker, but they are still very close contact and we are working on solutions... but we need better solutions.
YES PREACH THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT THE PRODUCE AISLE. PEOPLE ARE SUPER SPACED EVERY WHERE ELSE THEN PUT THEIR STUPID GRUBBY HANDS ON EVERY SINGLE PEACH IN THE CRATE AND ONLY BUY ONE.

Seriously, I don't understand the issue with barbershops and hair salons. Make people space/spread out, no people waiting or loitering in the shop, but let these people get back to work!

If some stylists don't feel comfortable cutting hair right now, they can opt out.

It makes me question if they are really opening our store back up.. We are a bridal salon.., but we dress the brides and keep pretty close physical contact to them at all times. I'm trying to get the gov.texas.gov/opentexas site thingy but I guess every business owner in texas is on it right now.

My brother is desperate to find someone to do his hair if anyone is willing to risk their license. (screw occupational licensing)
Bondag
AG
TXTransplant said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Probably due to the fact that you can't social distance.

I just want the gym to open back up. I am getting tired of dodging people on the heights trail.
CFTXAG10
AG
TXTransplant said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I tend to agree. I think they could even put out guidelines/restrictions in terms of appointment spacing, station spacing, etc. - its more intimate contact for a longer period of time, but there is a way to get it done
swimmerbabe11
Willy Wonka said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

drumboy said:

What's the work on social gatherings? Do we still have to get shamed for front yard socially-distanced gatherings or hidden back yard playdates?

They didn't mention anything about that.. but they said churches can open back up more broadly.. so I'm assuming that means funerals and weddings are going to be back on for the religious folks.

I mean, I watched some friends get married on fb live at my church the other day... so people are still getting married, but you know what I mean.
They say on pgs 39-41 of the report that churches can open back up but family units have to be 6' apart or at least two seats between you and a vacant row between you.

Here's a copy of the report that's on the KXAN website since the Governor's website got overrun.

Thank you so much! I've been trying to get on the site!
swimmerbabe11
Texaggie7nine said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

You've never seen Raising Arizona?

You just lost so many cool points with me right now.

If its on netflix or amazon prime, I'll watch it tonight. That clip was funny.

I'm not cool anyway, I'm insufferable. Get it straight.
Daddy-O5
AG
BohunkAg said:

CDUB98 said:

As a private business, you well know that HEB can require masks in their store.
I guess I won't be going to HEB any time soon.

I think HEB has been handling this extraordinarily well from the start. If they want me to wear a mask to shop there so be it.
Big Cat `93
AG
Warms my heart to see Raising Arizona references.

Mighty good cereal flakes, Miz McDonough.
CowtownAg06
AG
Nothing in there about Zoos. Wonder what they fall under.
TXTransplant
CFTXAG10 said:

TXTransplant said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I tend to agree. I think they could even put out guidelines/restrictions in terms of appointment spacing, station spacing, etc. - its more intimate contact for a longer period of time, but there is a way to get it done

That's exactly what I was thinking. The way the salon I go to is set up, there are ways to space people apart such that the only two people who come in close contact are the stylist and stylee.

Still not ideal, but medical practices are allowed to open back up. My son's getting an eye exam on May 2 because he can't see. The doctor isn't going to be able to social distance for 6 feet.

So, did they say stylists can lose their licenses if they cut hair at people's homes? Because that just seems unfair and overreaching.
swimmerbabe11
Wouldn't a zoo fall under museum?
BohunkAg
AG
The relevant part of Abbott's order

Unemployed
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Only if the animals are dead.
BohunkAg
AG
drumboy
AG
State park camping?
Texaggie7nine
Are rub n tugs able to open?

Asking for a friend...
7nine
CDUB98
AG
drumboy said:

State park camping?

Negatory still.
Chewy
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Are rub n tugs able to open?

Asking for a friend...

If you thought they ever closed you're doing it wrong.
JYDog90
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm thinking they can open but maybe some hands-on areas must remain closed (petting zoos or children's area, that whole prairie dog town exhibit may never open back up).
Formerly Willy Wonka
TX04Aggie
AG
So I guess this means my small office can open back up next week...
Houston Lee
AG
AgCPA95
AG
TX04Aggie said:

They were not really clear on the offices..."Single Person offices". Does that mean within a large office if you have an office? Cube farmer can't come back?
cajunaggie08
AG
AgCPA95 said:

TX04Aggie said:

They were not really clear on the offices..."Single Person offices". Does that mean within a large office if you have an office? Cube farmer can't come back?
They probably assumed every company that has an office in Texas already claimed they were essential. We're still WFH as of the current moment.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

You think a "panty on the head" will qualify as a mask?
lb sand
AG
So many great lines from that movie.
"We released ourselves on our own recognizance. We felt the institution no longer had any thing to offer us."
Texaggie7nine
Ezra Brooks said:

Big Cat `93 said:

You think a "panty on the head" will qualify as a mask?
Just shopping for diapers during the rona lockdown.

7nine
dragmagpuff
AG

I got tired of trying to see the daily case numbers on the tiny graph with all the spikes, so i plotted a 7 day rolling average of daily new cases in Harris County/Houston (not surrounding counties).

Pretty steep decline, even with increasing testing, started exactly 14 days after the shelter in place. Should be room to increase economic activity and keep Rt<=1.

After seeing this, any concerns I had about Abbott's strategy working in Houston went away.
Fitch
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.