Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,503,525 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Opening in a way that sets safe standards. Thanks to the strikeforce team led by Jay Huffines (the car dealership guy?), thanking all legislators and medical professionals...and he's listign peeps so I'm a take a drink.
His brother Nathan sells furniture in Arizona. He may have changed his name.
drumboy
AG
What's the word on social gatherings? Do we still have to get shamed for front yard socially-distanced gatherings or hidden back yard playdates?
TXTransplant
What's this talk about stores like HEB and Home Depot already using the 25% rule? None of the stores where I am have been doing that. HEB was restricting access when they first opened, but that was to control the mad dash for TP and paper towels.

Trader Joe's is the only store that was restricting access. Don't know what "rule" they were using because as soon as I saw the line down the sidewalk and around the side of the building, I left.
TXTransplant
drumboy said:

What's the work on social gatherings? Do we still have to get shamed for front yard socially-distanced gatherings or hidden back yard playdates?

Outdoor sports is limited to no more than 4 participants.
AgCPA95
AG
TXTransplant said:

What's this talk about stores like HEB and Home Depot already using the 25% rule? None of the stores where I am have been doing that. HEB was restricting access when they first opened, but that was to control the mad dash for TP and paper towels.

Trader Joe's is the only store that was restricting access. Don't know what "rule" they were using because as soon as I saw the line down the sidewalk and around the side of the building, I left.

I was in HEB Friday and they will still limiting traffic to what was likely 25% based on how busy the story normally is. I know to go mid morning around 10:00am as you can walk right in after morning rush. By the time I left there were about 30-40 people staged to go in for the lunchtime rush. They have been doing this since mid March.
CowtownAg06
AG
Did he say his EO supersedes Lina's for masks? Strongly recommend but no penalty?
JYDog90
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Did he say his EO supersedes Lina's for masks? Strongly recommend but no penalty?
yes
Formerly Willy Wonka
FHKChE07
AG
Correct. He did.
LostInLA07
AG
Poor Lina
BohunkAg
AG

swimmerbabe11
Q from Htx reporter: what do you sy to people who think its too early
A: we got lots of opinons from experts and they are smarter than me and you

Q: two weeks of data.. what does that effect
A: may 18th is contingent on flare ups and big outbreaks. We are looking at hospitalization rates more than anything else. After that, we are going to consult with all of the experts that are smarter than me and you.

Q: Entrepreneurs.. the people who can't open yet.. what do you say to them
A: We want them open asap, everyone wants a haircut right now. The strategy would be one customer in per salon worker, but they are still very close contact and we are working on solutions... but we need better solutions.
YES PREACH THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT THE PRODUCE AISLE. PEOPLE ARE SUPER SPACED EVERY WHERE ELSE THEN PUT THEIR STUPID GRUBBY HANDS ON EVERY SINGLE PEACH IN THE CRATE AND ONLY BUY ONE.

Q: something about minority communities
A: Trying to track and come up with specific answers for those communities

Q: LOL MASK MANDATE IN HOUSTON BUT YOU SAID OTHERWISE LOL
A: Abbott says you can't actually do that and it supercedes fines and penalties for not wearing masks. BUT YOU SHOULD WEAR MASKS. but no one can force you to wear masks.

Q: something about testing 25k a day.
A: should be happening early in May; hellerstadt guy is answering logistics stuff, sounds like they are getting all that worked on. It's not just about testing but also more robust contact tracing capabilities so that they can figure out where they get sick from.

(sometimes I'm sad cause I can't see what yall are talking about while I'm typing and watching)

I skipped a whole question because it was boring.
You aren't required to open your business or go to work if you want to. It's your life. Stay home if ya wanna stay home. getting deep here, you choose your own path.

Q: Enforcement?
A: Fines..but really we are expecting local levels to do their jobs. could lose their licenses (looking at you hairdressers F occupational licenses)

Wow damn. That was the last question and they didn't say by or nothing just rolled straight off the screen. alrighty Bye Govs.
swimmerbabe11
CowtownAg06 said:

That is precisely and exactly specifically what he said. While showcasing his book (he did a great job of advertising, but no clue where we can buy...so loses points for advertising on that one) that further details all rules.
CDUB98
AG
The Commandante is probably curled up in the fetal position crying right now.
DuncanAg
AG
Politicly I don't understand why Lina held on to the punishment under the county mask order as late as this morning while she said she had also been in direct contact with the governors office. She had to have known Abbott was going to slap that down.
CFTXAG10
AG
DuncanAg said:

Politicly I don't understand why Lina held on to the punishment under the county mask order as late as this morning while she said she had also been in direct contact with the governors office. She had to have known Abbott was going to slap that down.
Be funnier if she didn't
Daddy-O5
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

IrishTxAggie
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Damn. Lina just getting told to sit down and shut up from everyone it seems!
swimmerbabe11
HtownAg92 said:

Quote:

Opening in a way that sets safe standards. Thanks to the strikeforce team led by Jay Huffines (the car dealership guy?), thanking all legislators and medical professionals...and he's listign peeps so I'm a take a drink.

https://www.huffineschryslerjeepdodgeramlewisville.com/

There is a huffines dealership in Lewisville, I wasn't crazy.. no clue if there is any relation though. He looks like a guy with a car dealership though.
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
HEB said they would require masks starting today. I wonder if that will stick.

Seems like it would be hard to walk that back so soon.
CDUB98
AG
As a private business, you well know that HEB can require masks in their store.
Daddy-O5
AG
CDUB98 said:

As a private business, you well know that HEB can require masks in their store.

And no one should have a problem with that if they do.
jenn96
AG
Glad the mask thing has been defanged. I think the people refusing to wear them are idiots but glad we're not actually trying to enforce a fine or worse. Now hopefully the anti-mask people will feel a little less Tread On and the people who want to get the economy back up and running as soon as possible will wear them.
Diggity
AG
of course they can.
TXTransplant
AgCPA95 said:

TXTransplant said:

I was in HEB Friday and they will still limiting traffic to what was likely 25% based on how busy the story normally is. I know to go mid morning around 10:00am as you can walk right in after morning rush. By the time I left there were about 30-40 people staged to go in for the lunchtime rush. They have been doing this since mid March.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the two stores in my area weren't doing this. No one was counting people as they entered, and the couple of times that I've gone in the store, it's been pretty crowded.
BowSowy
AG
TXTransplant said:

AgCPA95 said:

TXTransplant said:

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the two stores in my area weren't doing this. No one was counting people as they entered, and the couple of times that I've gone in the store, it's been pretty crowded.
It's been hit or miss with me. I definitely have had to stand in line some times, other times there was no line
HtownAg92
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Quote:

https://www.huffineschryslerjeepdodgeramlewisville.com/

There is a huffines dealership in Lewisville, I wasn't crazy.. no clue if there is any relation though. He looks like a guy with a car dealership though.
Post removed:
by user
JYDog90
AG
watched this last night.
Formerly Willy Wonka
CDUB98
AG
The last two times I went to the Heights HEB, there was no regulating the number of people. They were doing this right after the first distancing orders came out.

Granted, it simply could have been the time of day I was there.
swimmerbabe11
Can't wait to see what my work says.
Texaggie7nine
So I've been told that CVS and Walgreens stores are selling Loosies for masks. That being, single packaged disposable masks for $1.99 a pop. Going to go see if this is the case and grab me a couple till our reusable masks we ordered come in.
7nine
swimmerbabe11
drumboy said:

What's the work on social gatherings? Do we still have to get shamed for front yard socially-distanced gatherings or hidden back yard playdates?

They didn't mention anything about that.. but they said churches can open back up more broadly.. so I'm assuming that means funerals and weddings are going to be back on for the religious folks.

I mean, I watched some friends get married on fb live at my church the other day... so people are still getting married, but you know what I mean.
CowtownAg06
AG
Probably was because I've seen them limit. Whole Foods too.
CFTXAG10
AG
So is this as simple as a restaurant/retail store taking its maximum allowed building occupancy limit and allowing 25% of that in during phase 1?
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.