Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,701 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Jack Klompus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or it's all politics. Cagle is who added it to the agenda.
Texaggie7nine
Gotta wear a mask today eh? Anyone have any connects on where to buy in person and not delivery?

Otherwise, this is an option

7nine
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I just keep a bandanna in my pocket in case some busybody Karen wants to raise a snit. That way I have the ability to blow people off and do it in a way that is completely useless.
Chewy
AG
So our 30 day order that has nothing else associated with it may turn into an advisement?

Further proof monkeys trying to fornicate with a football is what we have here.
Texaggie7nine
blindey said:

I just keep a bandanna in my pocket in case some busybody Karen wants to raise a snit. That way I have the ability to blow people off and do it in a way that is completely useless.
What about for those of us who don't run with motorcycle gangs or wrangle steer and don't own bandanas?
7nine
Big Cat `93
AG
Sorry if this has already been stated, but I just heard that Sly is telling the HPD to hand out masks instead of tickets.

Someone's going to have a pootpot full of masks when this is over.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Chewy said:

So our 30 day order that has nothing else associated with it may turn into an advisement?

Further proof monkeys trying to fornicate with a football is what we have here.
Well once the lawyers that actually know what the law is get involved, it kind of screws your whole plan. Unless Abbott declares a face covering mandate via an EO, Hidalgo's order is worthless and won't hold up.

I was looking over Hotze's lawsuit and it would appear that what she is doing is a pretty blatant violation of the Texas Constitution and Texas Disaster Act of 1975.
Chewy
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

blindey said:

What about for those of us who don't run with motorcycle gangs or wrangle steer and don't own bandanas?

Funny related story. I went to Roegels to pick up lunch. My girlfriend has my only mask. I didn't have anything at my house for a face covering then I remembered I bought Aggie bandanas for my dogs at one point. I found one in their travel bag and it was pretty clean. Put it on and it didn't smell like dog.

I put it in my pocket and went to Roegels in case they wouldn't allow me in. Figured it wouldn't be an issue but just to be safe. Never had to put it on but I was prepared just in case.
Texaggie7nine
Big Cat `93 said:

Sorry if this has already been stated, but I just heard that Sly is telling the HPD to hand out masks instead of tickets.

Mind explaining what a pootpot is?
7nine
Bondag
AG
Chewy said:

Texaggie7nine said:

blindey said:

Funny related story. I went to Roegels to pick up lunch. My girlfriend has my only mask. I didn't have anything at my house for a face covering then I remembered I bought Aggie bandanas for my dogs at one point. I found one in their travel bag and it was pretty clean. Put it on and it didn't smell like dog.

I put it in my pocket and went to Roegels in case they wouldn't allow me in. Figured it wouldn't be an issue but just to be safe. Never had to put it on but I was prepared just in case.
When does it get to the funny part?
Bondag
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Gotta wear a mask today eh? Anyone have any connects on where to buy in person and not delivery?

Otherwise, this is an option

Trump says it works better with bleach bottles.
Chewy
AG
Tough day on TexAgs.
aTm2004
AG
Bondag said:

Chewy said:

Texaggie7nine said:

blindey said:

When does it get to the funny part?
He puts bandannas on his dog.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

blindey said:

Mine is a remnant from my bank robbing days way back when. Why doesn't anyone else on this board have a seedy past?
Big Cat `93
AG
Beats me. Some old country saying my dad uses every now and then. I assume it holds a lot of stuff.
swimmerbabe11
gearing up the popcorn to give a live update on Abbott's reopening Texas. I'm sure there is a politics board thread on it..but I never like those. So I'm gonna post it here or on the politics mega thread.
jja79
AG
When does it start?
LE_Funt
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Big Cat `93 said:

Mind explaining what a pootpot is?
Obviously a pot for poot.
swimmerbabe11
2:30, which usually means 2:45.
CowtownAg06
AG
Look like there is chart at the press conference that says:
Phase 1 Completed
Phase 2 April 27th
Phase 3 May 11th
jetch17
AG
Made a mistake and tuned on ch13 - Fart Rascon is rambling trying to fill time
jetch17
AG
Stay at home EO expires 4/30
AgLiving06
All retail, movie theaters, restaurants, museums can open at 25% capacity.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
And supersedes all local orders.
LostInLA07
AG
Counties with less than 5 cases can open to 50% capacity.
TXTransplant
Barbershops, hair salons, and gyms still too "unsafe" to open. Hopefully by mid-May.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Is 25% capacity enough to even open up?

And, stop stealing Swimmys gig. She is our designated agent for this kinda stuff.
Chewy
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Is there a specific date/phase on this?
TXTransplant
Chewy said:

AgLiving06 said:

Is there a specific date/phase on this?

Phase 1 starts May 1 (retail, restaurants, theaters at 25%). Phase 2 on May 18.
swimmerbabe11
OOOOakay, Abbott is rolling into screen. getting started straight away. Go team, we are awesome. Our capacity and everything has been great, good job. Be sympathetic to those who have lost lives and every life lost is a tragedy but guess what motha****as...Texas is better at COVID than anyone else and we have the 3rd most recovered in the United States..

lolol The lives saved have been priceless, but the price is steep. Everyone is struggling financially (lists moms and stuff for emphasis) and its time to rebuild. Since March we are laying ground to reopen Texas... here are the good things we did (Stock up on ppe, travel reduced/quarantined out of state people), etc) Deployed 3k texas national guard to operate 3 mobile testing sites and 3 fixed Houston, Huntsville and Kingwood. They also given out **** tons of masks. Helping Texas families, preparing/serving meals at food banks.

The TWC has been given lots of help. woot woot. (my first ability to claim is on wednesday so hopefully everything he's saying can still work out for me) 2 billion has been distributed (not to me yet) but now its time to get people back to work.

Abbott is letting the stay at home order expire in April 30th.

Opening in a way that sets safe standards. Thanks to the strikeforce team led by Jay Huffines (the car dealership guy?), thanking all legislators and medical professionals...and he's listign peeps so I'm a take a drink.

we can't open back all at once. China is now having new outbreaks, Singapore is having a worse second wave than first one. It's hard to get rid of this b/c so contagious. SO how do we kick other state's ass' at this?

WE GET IT DESCRIBE THE PHASES DUDE.

PHASE ONE : Friday May 1st
PHASE TWO: MAY 18TH (contingent on how things are going with Phase one and the outbreaks and whatnot)

Most important part of phase on is protecting 65 and older (20% of those infected, but 75% of deaths)
businesses should make special accomodations for the olds and redouble efforts to protect senior living centers and retirement communities.

Next! Who opens on May 1st!
gov.texas.gov/opentexas (didn't open for me)
All retail stores, theatres, restaurants allowed to open
Limiting occupancy to 25%

you are not required to open on May 1st if you don't want to

Museums and libraries can also open. Interactive/hands on exhibits must stay closed.

businesses open to sole proprietors can open.

Churches and whatnot are able to open. Please be safe.

Outdoor sports are allowed to open as long as no more than 4 participants are playing at once.. so basically golf and tennis.

Doctors, nurses, dentists, patients need to get to see their docs. All licensed healthcare professionals are allowed to go back to work.
Hospitals must reserve 15% of capacity for COVID.

bunches of people were still open.. they stay open
--------------------------------------------------

A different standard will be set for counties with less than 5 cases... This is the TINE board so do we care? That's half the counties in Texas. I was texting a coworker about what 25% of our store looks like. I stopped listening
--------------------------------

Not opening yet: hair salons, bars, gyms.
Hopefully will open on or no later than May 18th. (phase 2)

Access to childcare? We already had a wimmen in charge of the childcare taskforce, cause woman.
But they have been giving childcare to essential workers, gonna work on trying to expand that. We know its supes important.

Trying to figure out good ways to let peeps go to summer camps.

Core part of reopening is safe testing. Robust testing and tracing program already in pace. Phase 1 is completed. There was a cute "Box it in" graphic, but I didnt grab that in time because I was grabbing the phases of testing for y'all. Sorry and you're welcome.

---------------------------------

Thanks Trump! They have been available 24/7 to the governors something about both parties yadayadayada

WE are Texans! We got This!

Someone else is talking now. Clicking send and starting next post.
drumboy
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Is 25% capacity enough to even open up?

And, stop stealing Swimmys gig. She is our designated agent for this kinda stuff.
I've heard from my local favorite, Hughies, that their sales were down ~25% so if they can open up to 25% capacity that will more than double their current numbers since they can have normal service during non-peak times and then cap it out at 25% capacity at lunch/dinner.

They also expanded their patio so that's cool.

So when is baseball starting? (I know now Abbott's call)
CowtownAg06
AG
May 1..... May 18th to go to 50% if no "flare ups".

Summer Camps, something I care a lot about, were still being evaluated, but will have criteria quickly on how to do so safely.
CFTXAG10
AG
nm
swimmerbabe11
This guy's tie knot is the size of his neck. It's distracting. I don't like it.
So far this guy is just saying all the stuff Abbott said...but less cool.
Be responsible and smart with the reopening... if you play nice with your toys, you'll get more.

Oh I think that was Huffines,

Now it's Hellerstadt (still dunno how to spell it). He's doctor guy. Also saying all like "hell yeah texas"
I like that the doctor looks like a park ranger. All he said was like it's time this is time good job..

The speaker is talking and he has the audacity to be standing while everyone else sits but Abbott... and he looks tall, but its hard to tell... cause everyone is sitting.
Hey guys, wear your mask... he made a special emphasis on this "that's our *suggestion*" so I'm guessing he knows whats happening in Houston.

I don't type fast enough to keep up with the rarara excitement and also hear these guys names.
I don't know who is talking now, but I like his glasses and I think he waxes his eyebrows.
Just remember, we are trying to protect our most vulnerable and while you might not be in as much danger, but others are. So be kind. Abbott and the Dr. both nodded a bunch at this. Wait, he said Speaker to him... who was the last guy? edit: That was Dan Patrick and I'm an idiot for not recognizing him.

Cheif is on talking about first responders and healthcare workers...he was my favorite and just said shortly "cool we are opening and ready"

Questions now!
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.