Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,207 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did Abbott mention daycares?

I know he talked about summer camps but I didn't catch anything about daycares.
gougler08
AG
Do playgrounds open up on May 1
IrishTxAggie
AG
Can't wait for the gyms to open back up so I can procrastinate about the summer body I won't have for 15yrs running.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
They're still working on guidance for summer camps. We're waiting on that announcement as well. We've got one going as a counselor in training and one as a camper. Their session isn't until later in the summer though.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Some day cares are still open
Anti-taxxer
AG
Ag_07 said:

Did Abbott mention daycares?

I know he talked about summer camps but I didn't catch anything about daycares.

Lots of daycares are still open. Supposed to be catering only to children of essential employees, but the form is incredibly broad.

He said "thousands" are open but did not specifically address those that have been closed.
Ag_07
AG
Ours isn't and it's a church daycare so they shut down when the Archdiocese shut it down.

So I'm curious if they are going to open with churches or call themselves a summer camp and wait.

I imagine we'll hear something soon.
LostInLA07
AG
Why has no one asked the important question: will alcohol delivery from restaurants continue?
jenn96
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Why has no one asked the important question: will alcohol delivery from restaurants continue?

Haha for the same reason no one asks mom if it's time to stop playing yet. See if he just forgets about it!!

Hopefully it continues. Honestly, restaurants are going to be reeling economically for a while. Anything that helps would be good.
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
jenn96 said:

LostInLA07 said:

Haha for the same reason no one asks mom if it's time to stop playing yet. See if he just forgets about it!!

Hopefully it continues. Honestly, restaurants are going to be reeling economically for a while. Anything that helps would be good.
Lordy if anything good has come from this it's to go booze and family video chat happy hours.
Texan_Aggie
AG
LostInLA07 said:

This was my first question followed by when can I get my hair cut. I'm in for the things that truly matter.
TarponChaser
TXTransplant said:

drumboy said:

Outdoor sports is limited to no more than 4 participants.

Sofa King We Todd Ed
CFTXAG10
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Can't wait for the gyms to open back up so I can procrastinate about the summer body I won't have for 15yrs running.

This hit too close to home
gougler08
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

gougler08 said:

Do playgrounds open up on May 1

I'm curious on this as well. Our HOA used the county order as justification for closing them. There was no mention about them in the Governor's materials so my guess is if the local order expires they should be open. No virus is living on something in 80 degree + sunlight anyway.

My thoughts as well, think I'll just take the kids up there on May 1 and see what happens. Worst is I play dumb and they ask me to leave
Ags #1
AG
So will summer camps happen or not? Need to get the kids out of the house asap
TarponChaser
The neighborhood Karens will be all in a twist regardless. They are here.

One lady is all upset because she's "immunocompromised." Well then lady you need to stay your ass at home and let the rest of us get on with our lives and build the herd immunity because, frankly, your life isn't worth the thousands of jobs lost per cv19 death.

And it might sound cold but my duty is first to protect and provide for my family not staying home because if you go out you might get sick.
Post removed:
by user
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I don't get the up in arms about the gym, it's got to be one of the worst places for transmission of this stupid virus with the constant touching of machines and sweat

Run, it's free,
Pushups they are free
Pull-ups they are basically free, $15 and a drill can have you one up in your garage in 15 min.
Squats, lunges free.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Because no one has to go to the gym. Everyone chooses to go to the gym. Surprisingly, you really don't hear much about gyms having outbreaks. People that go yo the gym tend to be pretty courteous
Dr. Doctor
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Ags #1 said:

He specifically mentioned summer camps were important and they are thinking about how to do them in a responsible manner. My guess is more details on that prior to May 18th and the gym better open then too.

I was thinking summer camps like going away summer camps (Boy Scouts and the such). I can't see why they don't open if they don't start until June.

I assume other summer camps, more like day camps, are under daycare rules. Which he said nothing on.

I have 2 small ones. I need them out of the house as well.

~egon
gougler08
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

I don't get the up in arms about the gym, it's got to be one of the worst places for transmission of this stupid virus with the constant touching of machines and sweat

Run, it's free,
Pushups they are free
Pull-ups they are basically free, $15 and a drill can have you one up in your garage in 15 min.
Squats, lunges free.

It's two fold for me, one I like being able to use equipment and things that I can't get at the house + our gym has child care so it's nice to get out without kids for a bit. Two, my daughter loves her gymnastics classes which are obviously impacted by this as well

Purely selfish on my part but gyms are clearly in Phase 1 of the federal guidelines so I'm most surprised Abbott kept them closed
CowtownAg06
AG
Dr. Doctor said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Ags #1 said:

He specifically mentioned summer camps were important and they are thinking about how to do them in a responsible manner. My guess is more details on that prior to May 18th and the gym better open then too.

I was thinking summer camps like going away summer camps (Boy Scouts and the such). I can't see why they don't open if they don't start until June.

I assume other summer camps, more like day camps, are under daycare rules. Which he said nothing on.

I have 2 small ones. I need them out of the house as well.

~egon
Here's my guess on stay away camps (with a little knowledge of one of the bigger ones in Texas). I think my early June, they will have clearance to start. They may have to make some modification like spreading out meals (to give more space in the dinning halls) and doing some of the larger gathering differently. However, any camp that would start early June has staff showing up for training 10-14 days before that. They need clearance to gather summer staff together soon (and those are big groups). While a lot of camp you can learn on the fly, there are things you can't for safety. You need your ropes staff, wranglers, lifeguards, and boat drivers well trained.

All that to say, if you camp session is in early June, I'd be a little concerned. Beyond, I currently think you'll be ok. I also think that a number of people will stay away this summer out of over-caution, so if you get canceled, you'll probably have a spot later in the summer if you can make it work.
randy828
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Did he say his EO supersedes Lina's for masks? Strongly recommend but no penalty?

That is precisely and exactly specifically what he said. While showcasing his book (he did a great job of advertising, but no clue where we can buy...so loses points for advertising on that one) that further details all rules.
Don't know if someone already answered this, but you don't buy it, he gave the website you can go download it or view it from during his speech. It is on a gov site. OpenTexas
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
jetch17
AG
randy828 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Did he say his EO supersedes Lina's for masks? Strongly recommend but no penalty?

That is precisely and exactly specifically what he said. While showcasing his book (he did a great job of advertising, but no clue where we can buy...so loses points for advertising on that one) that further details all rules.
Don't know if someone already answered this, but you don't buy it, he gave the website you can go download it or view it from during his speech. It is on a gov site. OpenTexas

https://www.kxan.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2020/04/OpenTexas-Report.pdf
WishIWasTheWeather
AG
Do we have any update on when daycares will be allowed to reopen at full capacity (not just "essential workers")?
David_Puddy
AG

Run, it's free,
Pushups they are free
Squats, lunges free.

From someone who is usually at the gym 5 times a week, these home workouts are just not the same. I'm ready for my gym to open back up. I am curious as to how they regulate the traffic though. Is it going to be similar to restaurants where there is only 25% of the capacity allowed? I imagine that the majority of restaurants, gyms, and retail stores will be pretty liberal with the 25% rule.
Diggity
AG
wonder what the heck Torso Girl has been doing with all this free time?

Anyone seen her galloping around Memorial Park lately?
RK
AG
haven't you guys ever watched Rocky? just go up to your cabin and chop a bunch of wood and run up the mountain with a log on your back. maybe hang from the rafters of the barn and do some crunches...
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I can't believe someone just got hit with a "Do you even lift bro?" in this thread. LMAO.
drumboy
AG

Run, it's free,
Pushups they are free
Squats, lunges free.

99% of my gym trips are at lunch so now 4-5 days a week I have to figure out an escape from the office and then there's no way I'm getting in a workout before/after work consistently. Yes I could run around the office at lunch or do a bunch of push ups but there's nowhere to shower.
JYDog90
AG
RK said:

haven't you guys ever watched Rocky? just go up to your cabin and chop a bunch of wood and run up the mountain with a log on your back. maybe hang from the rafters of the barn and do some crunches...

Chase chickens around the coop.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Ag_07
AG
RK said:

Yeah I've been on the Rocky workout this whole time...Just staying inside and beatin my meat.
Daddy-O5
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

I can't believe someone just got hit with a "Do you even lift bro?" in this thread. LMAO.
I can believe anything. This thread is about to royally go off the rails.
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.