Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,725 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Semantics....
LostInLA07
AG
It'll probably be a common thing in a few weeks. It will last for a week before companies decide work needs to happen just as the virus begins to spread more quickly in our area.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I personally know of major companies in Houston already working from home on a test basis or actively planning for that eventuality. It's not a matterr of if but more when. If schools close then all bets are off because at that point you will have to be able to work from home.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Posted this in the black hole on Forum 16. Just a theory, but I think it could become common.

Quote:

Coronavirus is ultimately going to show large corporations how pointless it is to make employees come into huge offices every ****ing day when they realize there is no loss of productivity and actually an increase in productivity while working from home. Commercial office building space could take a hit over the next few years.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Posted this in the black hole on Forum 16. Just a theory, but I think it could become common.

Quote:

Coronavirus is ultimately going to show large corporations how pointless it is to make employees come into huge offices every ****ing day when they realize there is no loss of productivity and actually an increase in productivity while working from home. Commercial office building space could take a hit over the next few years.

Commercial office space in Houston at least is already overbuilt, I agree somewhat but I look at this more along the lines of a forced strategic business critical response that can be used in the future for other business limiting situations.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Dell, hp and others that have work from home packages and solutions are going to get a bit of a bump this quarter
IrishTxAggie
AG
Absolutely it is. Looking at oil prices the last couple months and with OPEC meeting going to **** compliments of mother Russia, the last place I'd want my money in is commercial office space in Houston.
wessimo
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Got tired of washing my hands so much. Decided to get a few boxes of nitrile gloves at harbor freight and squirt hand sanitizer in the gloves. This way my hands are constantly immersed in hand sanitizer providing maximum protection.

Dr. Doctor
AG
Most of my work can be done remotely, but for drawings ac and reviews, we need central location.

~egon
Stat Monitor Repairman
I give it a few more days until some enterprising individual starts marketing some sort of snake oil supplement that proportedly boosts the immune system for Coronavirus.

Somebody gonna make a few million off dumbass Facebook crowd who will lap that **** up.

Hell we got a major celebrity convincing women to put a rock up their cooch. Some caronavirus essential oil is a lock. Where can I invest?
gougler08
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

I personally know of major companies in Houston already working from home on a test basis or actively planning for that eventuality. It's not a matterr of if but more when. If schools close then all bets are off because at that point you will have to be able to work from home.

I work for one of the major O&G companies and we are having twice weekly calls about it...I'm sure the trigger will be pulled soon on it
Diggity
AG
Corona virus case confirmed at St. Cecilia
IrishTxAggie
AG
Diggity said:

Corona virus case confirmed at St. Cecilia

bearkatag15
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
This is such bull***** The US is not going to lose 480K people due to COVID-19
Mikeyshooter
AG
Yeah. People retweeting that BS should be kicked off the internet.
Stat Monitor Repairman
American hospital association.

Sounds legit.
IDaggie06
AG
Quote:

I would disagree. Based on my experience I would say only maybe 20% of office workers are capable of truly working from home. Most American's are lazy when they have the option to be.
Waltonloads08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

There are probably around 330,000,000 people in the US. 480,000 is 0.1% of people, and I'm guessing 80%+ of those deaths will be people already in poor health over the age of 70. It's not really a dramatic number.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Waltonloads08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

There are probably around 330,000,000 people in the US. 480,000 is 0.1% of people, and I'm guessing 80%+ of those deaths will be people already in poor health over the age of 70. It's not really a dramatic number.

We're in month 3 of this crap globally and are at what, 3300? We won't even hit 480K globally!!!
cone
AG
tap those brakes
IrishTxAggie
AG
Feel free to screenshot it and throw it back in my face when 480K end up dead from Coronavirus in 2020...
cone
AG
globally?
bearkatag15
AG
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1236095180459003909.html

This is an interesting concern about the availability of hospital beds and masks for healthcare workers if this continues to get worse at the current rate it is going
IrishTxAggie
AG
cone said:

globally?
Yes. 480K globally in 2020. We're at ~3400 globally with more than 3000 of those happening in China. More than 3000 at ground zero in over 10wks. You thing that we're going to see 476K more deaths from COVID-19 in a little over 9.5 months?
cone
AG
yes
IrishTxAggie
AG
cone said:

yes
I'll bet a nice bottle of bourbon on that we will not see 480K deaths globally from COVID19 in 2020 if you're up for it.
cone
AG
would you accept terms at >50k dead stateside in 2020?

don't feel good about the blood money smartest man on the cinder approach, but I don't think American numbers are going to get hidden and I do believe that's the number we're looking at

plus a recession
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sure. There will not be more than 50K dead in the US from COVID-19 in 2020.
bearkatag15
AG
Sounds like a retirement community in Richmond has a confirmed case

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronaVirusTX/comments/ff193y/confirmed_covid19_in_del_web_sweet_grass/
IrishTxAggie
AG
Quote:

Just talked with my mom who lives in the Del Web Sweet Grass community. One of the ladies on that ill fated Egypt trip lives in her community and participated in community events at the lake house. The woman is currently self quarantining at home and the lake house and other facilities have been closed for disinfecting.
Just because she is self quarantine doesn't mean the case is confirmed
gougler08
AG
cone said:

would you accept terms at >50k dead stateside in 2020?

don't feel good about the blood money smartest man on the cinder approach, but I don't think American numbers are going to get hidden and I do believe that's the number we're looking at

plus a recession

You sound like a blast at parties
bearkatag15
AG
Valid point
cone
AG
I hope I lose this one
bearkatag15
AG

Assuming this exponential growth has a lot to do with more testing but these increases are insane
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.