Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,492 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
chimpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hidalgo is just copying what her longer tenured goober counterparts in Dallas and Travis counties are doing, no one has a plan apart from CYA.
tylercsbn9
AG
Does anyone know the grace period for car inspections? Mine expires at and of April. Assume DLs will have the same as my wife's expires in May and she needs to go in to get the real ID.
Daddy-O5
AG
https://www.springhappenings.com/judge-says-no-mandatory-mask-wearing-for-montgomery-county-says-no-legal-authority/

Montgomery County judge Mark Keough

Onceaggie2.0
I would live to see them slap 1k fines are the fine folks in acres homes, etc, etc.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Pretty much the same in Galveston County but Mark Henry has generally caved within a few days so we'll see.
BowSowy
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Does anyone know the grace period for car inspections? Mine expires at and of April. Assume DLs will have the same as my wife's expires in May and she needs to go in to get the real ID.
Sounds like vehicle registration is suspended indefinitely:

https://www.txdmv.gov/covid-19
Jock 07
AG
Ag_07 said:

J.D. c/o 05 said:

Ag_07 said:

Man some of you guys are f'in nuts
Instead of drive by posts like this why not contribute something to the conversation? Stars?

I whole heartedly disagree with a couple of posters on this thread but appreciate the thoughtful responses, discourse, and conversation. That's what threads like this exist (or should be).

I did that a couple pages back.

Now I've resorted to just sitting back and reading all the big bad gubbament conspiracy theories.

It's just amazing to me that people get so bent out of shape about having to wear a mask during a pandemic.

Just take a sec and look at how little sense this makes...

GD open it back up. This is getting ridiculous. The cure is becoming worse than the problem.
OK...we're gonna start opening things up but for the next 30 days we're gonna require you wear a mask.
OMG!! WTF!! F this!!

It's comical.

I work for the gubment, that's partly why I'm so skeptical of the gubment
Cromagnum
AG
So $1000 fine and 180 days in jail and masks not supplied so they expect folks to wear bull**** homemade ones that do nothing but make things worse since you are touching your face a lot to fight with it. They can shove that fine right the hell up their asses.
Daddy-O5
AG
Good news is they'll probably release you early, because Corona.
Cromagnum
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

Thats true.
gif
So I'm good walking into HEB like this?

Liquid Wrench
Don't forget your right to open carry.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
So the people that we're told don't have the resources to obtain any proper identification before voting are going to get masks? Okay.
Jock 07
AG
TarponChaser said:

To quote a physician friend:
The politicos who are putting this out there are doing so not for medically based reasons, but for a perception of protection.

So kind of like the TSA huh?
aggiedata
AG
No mask, no problem. Use produce

themissinglink
AG
Cromagnum said:

So $1000 fine and 180 days in jail and masks not supplied so they expect folks to wear bull**** homemade ones that do nothing but make things worse since you are touching your face a lot to fight with it. They can shove that fine right the hell up their asses.
You are probably more likely to catch it in jail as opposed to walking around without a mask.

And if they arrest you, do they let you out on $10 bail like all the robbery and murder suspects?
Tom Hagen
AG
themissinglink said:

Cromagnum said:

You are probably more likely to catch it in jail as opposed to walking around without a mask.

And if they arrest you, do they let you out on $10 bail like all the robbery and murder suspects?
How can they arrest you without violating the 6 ft. rule?
TXTransplant
https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Houston-restaurant-Federal-Grill-reopen-in-dining-15219870.php

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/local/texas/risking-a-possible-fine-and-jail-time-dallas-salon-owner-says-she-will-reopen-on-friday/285-2ad7a15a-8990-4656-944c-5fd8b39a9985

These seem like risky strategies to me when we don't know what Abbott is going to announce on the 27th. These places could end up getting shut down indefinitely while others who wait it out are allowed to open up in a few more days.
CDUB98
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

No, they won't, because you white honkey crackas that don't follow the rules need to be made an example of. I mean, white people are literally the scum of the planet.
Daddy-O5
AG
Galveston County Judge - No Masks

Quote:

"America was built upon the fabric of individual liberty and freedom," wrote Henry. "It's important now more than ever that we stress personal responsibility. Covering your face while in public is being recommended by national and local health authorities. While we encourage that you consider these recommendations for your own safety and the safety of others around you, I will not be mandating it because I believe it is unconstitutional to do so."
We'll see if he holds up. For now, bravo.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'd seen his quotes, but he was similarly forceful about stay at home orders and then implemented them shortly after. We'll see if he holds out on this one. League City in particular has a group of people who spend their days emailing the mayor and city council about every little thing they think they see and demanding things be closed. Of course that group is ultimately what led to the city emergency order being allowed to expire when they talked the mayor into closing parks indefinitely and some council members flipped sides over it to get them back open.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think its pretty safe to say you won't see a lot of this being enforced in Harris County. Which makes it even dumber to come out with a mandate. Comandante should have just heavily suggested and recommended it for the next 30 days. It won't hold up in court if it comes to that.
Ciboag96
Lina Hidalgo can suck a Coronavirus riddled fart. I ain't wearing one.
Texaggie7nine
Could have made a strong suggestion that all indoor facilities like stores require masks. I think that would nudge them far enough to not want the lawsuits that would come if they didn't follow recommendations.
7nine
CFTXAG10
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Could have made a strong suggestion that all indoor facilities like stores require masks. I think that would nudge them far enough to not want the lawsuits that would come if they didn't follow recommendations.
I think that would have been just fine too. The stirring of the **** is all in the wording and delivery.
DuncanAg
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I think that would have been just fine too. The stirring of the **** is all in the wording and delivery.

Absolutely
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
ChampagneAg
AG
Honest question to the forum, no tomatoes please.

Why not just wear a mask?
SJEAg
AG
Think this was maybe asked, but does anyone know if this order applies to those who work in Harris but live in outlying counties? Everything I see says residents.
Cromagnum
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Because most of us don't have a proper N95 mask and cannot get one.
CDUB98
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Start at yesterday morning and read forward. Your question will be answered.
CDUB98
AG
SJEAg said:

Think this was maybe asked, but does anyone know if this order applies to those who work in Harris but live in outlying counties? Everything I see says residents.

Nobody know **** because it is a purposefully vague, blanket order designed for nothing more than feels and power.
Daddy-O5
AG
Cromagnum said:

ChampagneAg said:

Actually they specifically said not to wear N95's to save them for the medical communities (which I agree with). What is being allowed/defined as a mask/cover adds to the hilarity of the order.
ChampagneAg
AG
What about other face covering options? Bandana, etc.?
Coog97
Cromagnum said:

ChampagneAg said:

Those who do have been told they have no business wearing them and they should instead donate them.
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.