Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,507,776 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChampagneAg said:

What about other face covering options? Bandana, etc.?
You mean banana?
7nine
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Honest question to the forum, no tomatoes please.

Why not just wear a mask?
because the masks they suggested we not wear and save for the medical community are the only ones that would be beneficial. The balance of what passes for a "mask" is useless at best and effectively the head of a match in terms of catching a virus for the wearer at worst.

The order is void for vagueness on its face anyways.

There's a reason why we've dispensed with all pretense and started to mercilessly rip on judge Dora and that's because of the lock-step stupidity behind seemingly every move she's made lately.
CDUB98
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

ChampagneAg said:

You mean banana?

Daddy-O5
AG
The general consensus for what constitutes a mask or covering outside of the N95 masks, seems to be "something is better than nothing".

Now comply or go to jail.
ChampagneAg
AG
My bad, I asked an imprecise question. I guess my question is, if anyone is currently not wearing a mask in public, can you tell me why?
aTm2004
AG
Nearly all NY coronavirus patients suffered underlying health issue, study finds

Quote:

Health records from 5,700 patients hospitalized within the Northwell Health system -- which housed the most patients in the country throughout the pandemic -- showed that 94 percent of patients had more than one disease other than COVID-19, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).
Really, who didn't see this coming? Open **** back up and Hilldawgatits can shove her mask requirement right up her nose.
Unemployed
AG
ChampagneAg said:

My bad, I asked an imprecise question. I guess my question is, if anyone is currently not wearing a mask in public, can you tell me why?
Go back a few pages and start reading. This conversation has already taken place.
Daddy-O5
AG
ChampagneAg said:

• Inconvenient and uncomfortable
  • Different sources will tell you different things about the actual efficacy of masks (especially outside the N95 or surgical masks)
  • Some will actually make the case that homemade masks can collect bacteria, debris, etc. that is actually counterproductive to one's health.
  • Homemade masks which are often ill fitting or uncomfortable lead to individuals touching their faces more often.
  • Recommendations like social distancing have already proven to be effective
  • MOST importantly "Muh Liberties"
CDUB98
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Because I am not sick.
aTm2004
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Because unless you're sterilizing everything you touch in a store, or the clothes you're wearing before getting into your vehicle or going into your house, you're not really changing anything. The mask is just something to let the Karens and their beta husbands feel a little safer, even if it is false security.

It's like putting that little chain on your door at night and thinking that's going to keep a burglar out. You're going to sleep a little better because you feel it's keeping you safer, but the 8 year old next door can kick through the security it provides.
Unemployed
AG
aTm2004 said:

Nearly all NY coronavirus patients suffered underlying health issue, study finds

Quote:

Health records from 5,700 patients hospitalized within the Northwell Health system -- which housed the most patients in the country throughout the pandemic -- showed that 94 percent of patients had more than one disease other than COVID-19, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).
Really, who didn't see this coming? Open **** back up and Hilldawgatits can shove her mask requirement right up her nose.
Man, I tend to agree with some of the things you've said but you sure are petulant.
ChampagneAg
AG
Thank you.
aTm2004
AG
A month and a half stuck in a house with 3 kids 7 and younger. I'm ready to go back to the office and get a couple of hours without hearing screaming because the other is drinking their water wrong. As each day passes, we're learning this thing isn't as bad as originally predicted, but our "leaders" want to continue to slow play it to appease the vocal minority.
tamuags08
AG
Quote:

A month and a half stuck in a house with 3 kids 7 and younger. I'm ready to go back to the office and get a couple of hours without hearing screaming because the other is drinking their water wrong
Are you me? The biggest argument from yesterday was who got to use the princess plate, which resulted in tears from all of them.
rhoswen
AG
I don't wear one because a) it's not preventing me from being exposed, b) because it's not preventing me from exposing it to someone else, and c) most of us have likely already been exposed and didn't get sick.
Texaggie7nine
aTm2004 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Generally incurable and ongoing, chronic diseases affect approximately 133 million Americans, representing more than 40% of the total population of this country.2 By 2020, that number is projected to grow to an estimated 157 million, with 81 million having multiple conditions.3

https://nationalhealthcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/AboutChronicDisease.pdf

Yeah! **** 40% of the population!!
7nine
CDUB98
AG
tamuags08 said:

Quote:

A month and a half stuck in a house with 3 kids 7 and younger. I'm ready to go back to the office and get a couple of hours without hearing screaming because the other is drinking their water wrong
Are you me? The biggest argument from yesterday was who got to use the princess plate, which resulted in tears from all of them.

I would have smashed the plate and told them all, "you'll get nothing and like it."
Daddy-O5
AG
CDUB98 said:

tamuags08 said:

Quote:

I would have smashed the plate and told them all, "you'll get nothing and like it."
aTm2004
AG
tamuags08 said:

Quote:

We've had the plate meltdown. Meltdown on who got what color cup of water. The "I don't want to pick up my toys" meltdown, which is followed by the "please don't throw them away" when I grab a bag and begin putting all of them in there and walk them outside and set next to the garbage can (usually gets them to stop the meltdown and pick them up). The he's sitting at the table while I'm building my legos meltdown. The "why is <the 17 month old> playing with her and not me" meltdown. My favorite of all was we went and grabbed ice cream on Tuesday and had a nice meltdown when we got them because one of theirs had more sprinkles than the other. Of course, as one begins melting down, the other has to tease to keep it going, which results in a loss of something for them after they don't heed the multiple warnings to stop teasing, which starts another meltdown. It goes on and on and on.

Honestly, if I could go sit at my desk and watch Listeater videos, I'd probably choose it.
ChampagneAg
AG
Honest question, how do you know c? Bc that seems to run counter to your rationale for a & b
aTm2004
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

aTm2004 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Generally incurable and ongoing, chronic diseases affect approximately 133 million Americans, representing more than 40% of the total population of this country.2 By 2020, that number is projected to grow to an estimated 157 million, with 81 million having multiple conditions.3

https://nationalhealthcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/AboutChronicDisease.pdf

Which makes you wonder, if 40% of the population has some type of chronic disease, is it really a chronic disease or just a part of being a human?
aTm2004
AG
CDUB98 said:

tamuags08 said:

Quote:

I popped a balloon a couple of years ago they were fighting over. The payback from my wife for that was swift, long, and severe, coupled by a "you acted worse than them" discussion. Yeah, but they stopped fighting over the balloon.
CDUB98
AG
Oh, the couple of times I've pulled the nuclear option like that, the wife has been none too happy.

But, it has taught the little one that if I threaten to take something away, I mean business.
aTm2004
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Honest question, how do you know c? Bc that seems to run counter to your rationale for a & b
The recent studies from Stanford and USC, as well as the recent study in Massachusetts, which all show a large percentage of the people tested had the antibodies, which meant they already had it.
aTm2004
AG
I'm the same. I don't tell them I'm going to do something and not do it. When I do it, I always explain to them that they were told of the consequence and they're the one that made the choice that lead to the consequence, not me, or their mom, or their brother/sister.
Zobel
AG
Only Stanford has been published and it's a huge conundrum. Chinese test kits with ?? reliability. USC is the same test kit, and the lead author also worked on the Stanford study. But it has much better recruitment. But no paper just a press release. In Chelsea we got a newspaper clipping and no paper, but that study was random (good) if a bit small (200 meh).

When a researcher releases a press release before their paper is even done or study finished I kind of wonder. We need a lot more antibody testing with a much more reliable kits. Hopefully not from china. China is as hoe.
cajunaggie08
AG
CDUB98 said:

ChampagneAg said:

Because I am not sick.
and how do you know this? Do you play for the NBA and have been tested?
dragmagpuff
AG
aTm2004 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

aTm2004 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Which makes you wonder, if 40% of the population has some type of chronic disease, is it really a chronic disease or just a part of being a human?
Does the answer to this question matter? It seems like all that should matter is the percentage of the US population that is high-risk of COVID hospitalization, what the increase in risk is, and how that compares to our peers.

The high risk population is clearly not 100% or 0%. 40% is likely overstating it due to degrees of severity of illness.

The risk elevation seems like it must be really high if 95% of the hospitalizations are coming from less than 40% of the population. The overall risk may still be small though.

Basically, I just disagree with the logic that since mainly high-risk people require hospitalization therefore we should remove restrictions on activity. I'm also not saying i disagree with removing restrictions on activity.

schmellba99
AG
RK said:

the gov't feels the need to overreach on a consistent basis because people are too dumb, in general, to act rationally and responsibly. i don't see either of those things changing anytime soon.
Overreach and mandates from a government that is dumber than the genpop doesn't help or solve problems, it only compounds them and makes it easier to erode what little freedoms we have left.

But carry their water like a good soldier, I guess. Or something.
aTm2004
AG
Stay skeptical. Some of us will be optimistic.
schmellba99
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Because I'm not sick.

HTH.
aTm2004
AG
Does it matter? I think it does, but not related to COVID. Just like what is classified as a "disability" today and how many people have them. At some point, is it just a part of being human?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aTm2004 said:

CDUB98 said:

tamuags08 said:

Quote:

I popped a balloon a couple of years ago they were fighting over. The payback from my wife for that was swift, long, and severe, coupled by a "you acted worse than them" discussion. Yeah, but they stopped fighting over the balloon.
Yikes on the wife. If I didn't pop that balloon, my wife would have. My kids have learned that if they fight over stuff it gets taken away.
Texaggie7nine
aTm2004 said:

Does it matter? I think it does, but not related to COVID. Just like what is classified as a "disability" today and how many people have them. At some point, is it just a part of being human?
If that is the case then, it is no different than saying that 90+% of the fatalities had freckles.
7nine
Cromagnum
AG
ChampagneAg said:

If you want to relive your Red Dead Redemption cosplay go for it. It's not good for much else regarding this virus.
First Page Last Page
Page 100 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.