Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,505,892 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fitch
AG
True enough.

Averaging a 1.5% fatality rate, though. Don't care to be above average for this one.
Fitch
AG
I gotta confess, I'm going insane WFH and not trading. Drove to Mecca on the Brazos today to get some distance. Drove 85 with the windows down and music up, felt like losing my virginity all over again.
HotardAg07
AG
Who's idea was it to put daily cases and cumulative cases on the same graph/axis?
tylercsbn9
AG
H-E-B extending their hours starting Monday

7am-10pm

Hopefully more stuff starts getting back to normal next week
Liquid Wrench
Fitch said:

I gotta confess, I'm going insane WFH and not trading. Drove to Mecca on the Brazos today to get some distance. Drove 85 with the windows down and music up, felt like losing my virginity all over again.
I've thought about that a couple times through the duration of this. Not necessarily CS, but just hop in the truck and go for a drive listening to music. Have made a couple trips to see the parents and take them stuff they need, which gets a short road drive in each way.
FHKChE07
AG
the fatality rate that we can calculate right now, IFR, is just bull**** though because we have no idea what number of people have the virus and don't get tested. Maybe houstonians are not as big of weenies as people in NYC and so we don't go get tested if we aren't dying. Current estimates from a few antibody studies is that 50-80 times as many people have had it and not gotten tested positive. The only fatality rate that matters is CFR and until you have a handle on antibody testing to figure out just how many people actually have it, it doesn't matter.
AgLiving06
Did anybody else just get an email saying that now anybody can get a free test done?

Email says it was sent by the Houston Health Department.
Diggity
AG
Yeah, I got it
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Heartbreakers should just stay closed if there is 6' distancing. Luckily I have a long time stripper friend that makes house calls.
TXTransplant
Liquid Wrench said:

Fitch said:

I've thought about that a couple times through the duration of this. Not necessarily CS, but just hop in the truck and go for a drive listening to music. Have made a couple trips to see the parents and take them stuff they need, which gets a short road drive in each way.

We've done this on a couple of Sundays since this started. Didn't go this past weekend because the weather was bad. Reminds me of being a kid, when we used to get in the car and drive up up and down the beach in MS. Scenery isn't quite the same, though.

It's even more fun if you have a convertible.
aTm2004
AG
Exactly. My wife was talking with one of her friends who lives ITL and she's positive she had it a few weeks ago. Said she never ran a fever, but started getting chills, had a cough, lost both taste and smell, but she never felt really bad. She said it lasted 3 days and she was back to normal out side of still not fully having smell or taste back. All of this and never ran a fever. She compared it to a mild cold.
aTm2004
AG
We've also done this a few times...usually on Friday afternoons. We'll load the kids up and just go for a drive around town. Try to make it an hour or so. Don't worry corona bros, we have the AC on recirculate.
DuncanAg
AG
Here comes Lina's mask order for 30 days
...anytime outside with the exception of working out or eating/drinking (under 10 years old exempt). Don't know how they will enforce this..

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/harris-county-mandatory-mask-order-coronavirus-15217911.php
IrishTxAggie
AG
DuncanAg said:

...anytime outside with the exception of working out or eating/drinking (under 10 years old exempt). Don't know how they will enforce this..

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/harris-county-mandatory-mask-order-coronavirus-15217911.php
****ing ***** can kiss my ass. I won't do it. Give me the ticket. I'll take it to court just out of principle and shout "My body, my choice" from the top of my lungs
DuncanAg
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

DuncanAg said:

****ing ***** can kiss my ass. I won't do it. Give me the ticket. I'll take it to court just out of principle and shout "My body, my choice" from the top of my lungs

I will wait to read the actual order (I don't trust the chronicle) but requiring ANYTIME you are outside (absent working out, etc) is a big reach in my opinion.
Big Cat `93
AG
I want to go to Aggieland so bad right now. Don't know what I could do except loaf around campus and drop a penny at Sully for everyone's virus tests, but that would suffice.
CDUB98
AG
Desperately hanging on to every last vestige of control that she can.
cajunaggie08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

DuncanAg said:

So let me get this ****ing straight. yall want this state and country to open up as soon as possible but you wont have the common decency to prevent the spread by wearing a mask because of perceived overstep by the government? Do you also not use a seat belt because the government makes you? Do you still light up a cigarette in a restaurant when those were still open?
CDUB98
AG
And here we go.
Nitro Power
AG
Correct...

If you are concerned..YOU wear a mask

I personally will not be
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
cajunaggie08
AG
Social Distanced said:

Correct...

If you are concerned..YOU wear a mask

I personally will not be
the mask isnt to prevent you from getting the virus. unless its a n95 it aint going to stop **** from getting to you. but any mask helps those who have it from having it spread further from their body. its not about you. its about everyone else.
AgCPA95
AG
DuncanAg said:

IrishTxAggie said:

DuncanAg said:

I will wait to read the actual order (I don't trust the chronicle) but requiring ANYTIME you are outside (absent working out, etc) is a big reach in my opinion.
and this says this is for "residents" of Harris County. What if I'm not a resident and just visiting for work?
Nitro Power
AG
Then get yourself an N95 mask, or stay out away from me because I will not be wearing one.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
cajunaggie08
AG
ahhh got it. Just go get one of those so easy to find masks for when my employer decides i need to come back to the office which will be filled with people not wearing masks because they see a lack of mask as a badge of freedom.
Daddy-O5
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

DuncanAg said:

So let me get this ****ing straight. yall want this state and country to open up as soon as possible but you wont have the common decency to prevent the spread by wearing a mask because of perceived overstep by the government? Do you also not use a seat belt because the government makes you? Do you still light up a cigarette in a restaurant when those were still open?
Mandatory seat belts and "no smoking" orders at restaurants are also government "oversteps". I don't smoke cigarettes and wear seatbelts because of personal choices. I'll make the same personal choice when it comes to masks.
BMX Bandit
dont be surprised with this "mask" rule is put in place statewide for the openings Abbott announces next week
XpressAg09
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

The problem is, this new ordinance has so many holes in it, it's practically Swiss Cheese. It's also totally unenforceable...see below.
Based on the ordinance, it can be inferred that:
  • 9.5 year olds do not transmit the disease.
  • My hand can serve as a homemade mask (see my emoji, he's covering his face, too)
  • N95's are not for the common folk.
  • If a cop stops me, I can start running and claim I'm exercising.
  • Worst case, facial coverings cause me emotional and mental distress...

From the article:
The new rules, which will require residents 10 and older to cover the nose and mouth when outside the home, will take effect Monday and last 30 days, three county officials said. Acceptable garments include a homemade mask, scarf, bandana or handkerchief. Medical masks or N-95 respirators are not recommended as they are most needed by first responders and health workers.
Hidalgo is expected to announce the face mask rule at a 3 p.m. news conference.

Under the order, the county's 4.7 million residents must cover their faces at all times except when exercising, eating or drinking, alone and in a separate space, at home with roommates or family or when doing so poses a greater risk to security, mental or physical health.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Did we discuss Dona Hidalgo possibly scrapping the MASH at NRG? Channel 2 app has a story on it, along with some fun line items they found in the contract, like $2500 x day for a security guy.
Post removed:
by user
XpressAg09
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

unless its a n95 it aint going to stop **** from getting to you.
So 'homemade masks' are pointless then?
Betoisafurry
IrishTxAggie said:

DuncanAg said:

Just claim wearing it give you mental distress. I'll wear one if i go into a public area but they can **** off if they want me to wear one outdoors.
Chewy
AG
Would this apply to incorporated areas of City of Houston or just for unincorporated areas of Harris County?

Not sure of who has power over each other between Lina and Sly.
HotardAg07
AG
If the majority of us wear masks while out in public places, the virus will have less chance to spread. Japan has managed to keep the virus at bay while doing business as usual. Restaurants are open, factories are open, everyone is working. Why? They all wear masks.

Don't get tripped up on the specifics. It's a ****ing pandemic, people. If there was one time in your whole ****ing life to just look stupid and put on a ****ing mask it would be right ****ing now. If we can all just not be ****ing selfish for a short period we can get back on with our old lives as much as possible and get the **** out of our houses.
Texaggie7nine
I think requiring masks is going to be the norm for the next couple months in most cities around the US. If that is what it takes to get as much of the economy going as we can again, I'm fine with it.

I think there would be a much larger percentage of people that would not come out of their houses if most people weren't wearing masks. That's people that would be spending money and contributing to jump starting this economy back.
7nine
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.