Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,901 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shife said:

PalomaPachanga said:

What's wrong with taking more vitamins? I thought it was pretty well documented that vitamins are beneficial to preventing illness and helping get over being sick...
Hey Hon, how can I reach you? I have an amazing vitamin supplement to tell you about. It can truly change ur life. When an opportunity like this is right in front of you, u'd be dumb to turn it down. Can't wait to connect.
I hear it's an Essential vitamin.
David_Puddy
AG
Sooooo....anyone want to talk about crude prices? My God
jetch17
AG
07fta07
AG
Nope. Not at all
SabineAg
AG
Shife said:

PalomaPachanga said:

What's wrong with taking more vitamins? I thought it was pretty well documented that vitamins are beneficial to preventing illness and helping get over being sick...
Hey Hon, how can I reach you? I have an amazing vitamin supplement to tell you about. It can truly change ur life. When an opportunity like this is right in front of you, u'd be dumb to turn it down. Can't wait to connect.
I don't really follow... Is it that they promote taking vitamins and also sell them? Or are you trying to say they are making something up that doesn't work?
Tabasco
AG
I read it as he/she is making fun of all the Karen's on Facebook and Nextdoor selling cure all elderberry jam, essential oils, and vitamins.
SabineAg
AG
Got it. Maybe I haven't been watching the same thing, but it looks like they have just been saying to take vitamins and work on boosting your immune system in general. Don't see how that's a bad thing.

I know they sell vitamins but its like the same as an oil/lube shop saying you need new wiper blades or a transmission flush. They are probably right and you probably do need it, but you can get by without or go to auto zone and get it yourself.

Maybe I'm seeing it all wrong though...
Tabasco
AG
I'm going with the vitamin recs per Drs (e.g. Dermdoc).

Zinc 25mg/day (220/day if symptoms)
Vit C 1000/day
Querciten 800mg/ 2x day
beer prn
Fitch
AG
+255

AgLiving06
That's kind of were I'm at.

I started taking a mult-vitamin when this started largely to make sure I was getting the right amount of vitamin D and Zinc, since at least early on, patients were found to be deficient. The mutli also has fish oil/other things that may help the heart, so felt it was a pretty safe bet.

I did add in elderberry gummies as well. No way of knowing if it works at all, but it includes more zinc and vitamin C.
98Ag99Grad
AG
same here. Multivitamin w/ extra supplement of 50mg zinc in the evenings.
mm98
AG
Been taking V-C, elderberry, fish oil for a month now.

But probably offset by my diet of Chef Boyardee and cheap food
aTm2004
AG
Do these elderberry things work? The lady across the street from us makes and sells that stuff and there's multiple cars a day of women coming down our quiet street to buy something from her. She gives my wife syrup and gummies all of the time, but I haven't had any. The kids get them though.
JYDog90
AG
She may be selling weed to the garden club. Ladies are BORED.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Diggity
AG
agreed...neighbors might need to prepare for a no-knock raid soon
aTm2004
AG
Haha...no, it's that elderberry crap. The neighbors kids are the ones that would be selling the edibles.
T Durden
AG
aTm2004 said:

Haha...no, it's that elderberry crap. The neighbors kids are the ones that would be selling the edibles.

What is their address?
aTm2004
AG
Just drive around the Upper East Side until you find a house with like 9 kids because dad can't time his dismount.
Jack Cheese
AG
aTm2004 said:

Do these elderberry things work? The lady across the street from us makes and sells that stuff and there's multiple cars a day of women coming down our quiet street to buy something from her. She gives my wife syrup and gummies all of the time, but I haven't had any. The kids get them though.

What do you think?
redag06
A friend gave me some of the syrup, I was feeling a bit under the weather so I gave it a shot. Never again. I drank it about an hour before bed, and I got up to pee 3 times that night.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
aTm2004 said:

Its like when you get a new expensive nice shirt. You feel more confident in it, so your chances of getting lucky go up. The shirt didn't really do anything but change your mindset. However, whem you go home alone, it is not the shirts fault, you are just an uggo or an obnoxious ass.
Zobel
AG
If you're looking for a forecast model, I think you should start using this instead of the IHME. The sips took the IHME approach and made it better. In particular they corrected some stuff that led to later predictions being outside of the forecast range of earlier ones.

https://covid-19.tacc.utexas.edu/projections/
Al Bula
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

aTm2004 said:

Its like when you get a new expensive nice shirt. You feel more confident in it, so your chances of getting lucky go up. The shirt didn't really do anything but change your mindset. However, whem you go home alone, it is not the shirts fault, you are just an uggo or an obnoxious ass.
what happens when a loud obnoxious group of brown folks spills coke on your new expensive $50 Banana Republic shirt?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Didn't he like ask the manager or something, or did he just piss and moan about it on here. Forgot about that one! Who was that? Same guy that *****ed about the $20 glass of wine?
aTm2004
AG
Shife said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

aTm2004 said:

what happens when a loud obnoxious group of brown folks spills coke on your new expensive $50 Banana Republic shirt?
Probably a bit different than a loud obnoxious group of ass holes purposefully throwing a drink at a table minding it's own business and hitting a person not even looking their direction. I'm sure that asshat posts on TA under the name of Shife or something. But, I'm sure that dude is a beta that would apologize and ask if they want to squeeze his girlfriend's boobs for their trouble.
Diggity
AG
Honestly, if someone be lookin shife at you, it's totally reasonable to look shife back.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Pretty sure Old Main was the $20 glass of wine guy.
RK
AG
Diggity said:

Honestly, if someone be lookin shife at you, it's totally reasonable to look shife back.

You really cannot show any weakness, lest you get your life jacked.
Fitch
AG
Chart from today's press conference that showing daily hospital admissions. The county is referencing this data more than daily test confirmations in planning efforts.

CowtownAg06
AG
To me that's the most relevant data set. I see that has declining growth. Is that how it was presented? Also did they mention capacity?
Fitch
AG
The referenced the plateauing and downward trend as an initially positive sign but the upswing in admissions over the last few days broke the trend. Reiterated a bunch of times that the stay at home policies are working but in order to move onto the next phase the numbers need to drop and sustain a downward trend for longer.

It sounds like the next phase will include contact tracing, but there are too many cases right now for the personnel that will be running that effort, hence the need for new cases to decrease.
FHKChE07
AG
My question is that they said it would take up to 2 weeks to show a difference and it appears that it happened immediately. So it appears that it might have not made the giant difference that everyone says it should.
Fitch
AG
Not disagreeing, but they canceled the rodeo on 3/11, and the whole NBA stuff went down just the day before. I think that's when people really started taking it seriously.

I'd be curious if hospitals started turning away people who weren't severe enough to require care and when that was - might align with the chart?
Fitch
AG
+225
Harris County broke 5,000 reported cases today.

Bondag
AG
Fitch said:

+225
Harris County broke 5,000 reported cases today.

And one new death. We average more deaths with that on a no knock raid.
First Page Last Page
Page 90 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.