Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,928 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
AgLiving06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
98Ag99Grad said:

The peak for Texas has moved again to April 29. One of the docs on the covid board posted that yesterday.

Which really isn't relevant.

What's key is that all signs points to us having sufficient hospital capacity (and then some).

In addition, the estimated deaths at the peak is 71 people.

Somehow I suspect if we open things back up and practice reasonable social distancing, that number won't materially change.

Of course we could just move everything back 2 more weeks
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
cajunaggie08
AG
Bassmaster said:

98Ag99Grad said:

The peak for Texas has moved again to April 29. One of the docs on the covid board posted that yesterday.
Of course it did. Next week it will move to the first week in May. The peak being two weeks away at all times has been the only consistency through all of this.

That is how flattening the curve is supposed to work. If we didn't social distance, the total number infected would have been exponentially higher but the peak would have happened sooner.
TXTransplant
I'm prob not as good as Swimmerbabe, but here goes my recap:

Abbott's forming a "strike force" with gov't peeps (Dan Patrick and friends), medical people (didn't recognize any of the names), and business people (Kendra Scott, Mattress Mack, and Fertitta).

Executive orders will be issued today to open in stages. Some openings will be announced today, more on April 27, and more in May.

First businesses that will reopen will be those that pose the least risk. More can open as we increase testing and contact tracing.

Says it's time to let doctors and nurses start treating non-Covid patients again. Current restrictions on some medical procedures (not elective) will be lifted on April 27.

Putting stricter policies in place for assisted living facilities.

Retail - all stores should be able to operate "retail to go" beginning next Friday. I think this basically means curbside pickup.

State parks will reopen on Monday but visitors have to wear masks and stay 6 feet apart unless they are part of the same family. No groups bigger than 5.

Schools closed for the rest of the 2019/2020 school year. Teachers can go to their classrooms to do video lectures.

More announcements planned on April 27. Those plans will be based on containment and ability of testing. Will hopefully contain guidelines on opening restaurants, movie theaters, and elective medical procedures. He DID NOT say that restaurants and theaters would open on the 27th.

Stay at home policy MAY be eliminated in the orders to be issued on April 27, IF the data shows that positive test results continue to decrease.
07ag
AG
TXTransplant said:

Retail - all stores should be able to operate "retail to go" beginning next Friday. I think this basically means curbside pickup.

can my barber cut my hair at the curb?
https://ts.la/eric59704
TXTransplant
07ag said:

TXTransplant said:

can my barber cut my hair at the curb?

He didn't address salons. But, man, I'm doing pretty good with this shutdown, but if I can't get a haircut by the second week of May, I might lose my mind!
Diggity
AG
these estimated "peaks" took social distancing into account
Diggity
AG
TXTransplant said:

medical people (didn't recognize any of the names)
Dr. Steven Hotze better be involved or GTFO
98Ag99Grad
AG
4-27 for restaurants and theaters. maybe barbers by then too?
TXTransplant
I think it will be interesting to see if the big, nationwide retailers do this "curbside pickup". I wonder if stores like Macy's and Dillard's will find it more cost-effective to just keep the stores closed and let people order online and have things shipped.
TXTransplant
98Ag99Grad said:

4-27 for restaurants and theaters. maybe barbers by then too?

No, that's not what he said. They hope to announce on April 27 what the guidelines for opening restaurants and movie theaters are.
Liquid Wrench
Diggity said:

TXTransplant said:

medical people (didn't recognize any of the names)
Dr. Steven Hotze better be involved or GTFO
Did you see his post about taking more Vitamin C?
Diggity
AG
I did not...I just figured he had to have some strong views on this situation.
gougler08
AG
He's basically following the Trump guidelines, which is good
TXTransplant
Stay at home policy MAY be eliminated in the orders to be issued on April 27, IF the data shows that positive test results continue to decrease.
BohunkAg
AG
I liked what he said.....called for the need for more testing too...which is really correct.
TXTransplant
BohunkAg said:

I liked what he said.....called for the need for more testing too...which is really correct.

I think it was a reasonable response, too. I just think most people were hoping for more.

The exercise studio I go to has been doing Facebook live classes, and before class today the instructors/owners were talking like the presser would announce an opening date. Obviously that didn't happen.
Bassmaster
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Bassmaster said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Of course it did. Next week it will move to the first week in May. The peak being two weeks away at all times has been the only consistency through all of this.

That is how flattening the curve is supposed to work. If we didn't social distance, the total number infected would have been exponentially higher but the peak would have happened sooner.
Try again. The models are already considering the precautions we are taking. Under your theory, the peak is always two weeks out. That's not how it works. There is still a peak with a flattened curve.
Zobel
AG

Quote:

There is still a peak with a flattened curve
not necessarily. If R0 is held at or right around 1, you get no peak at all. Each case makes another case.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
holy crap hasn't this been hashed out already? like on page 3? 6 weeks ago?
Liquid Wrench
This is k2's jam.
Zobel
AG
I'd shut up if people would quit being wrong
ensign_beedrill
AG
We've run out of things to talk about and have to go back to the beginning.
CoachRTM
AG
It's just the flu.
CoachRTM
TXTransplant
MoCo has terminated its Stay at Home order effective immediately. Says to follow whatever orders Abbott has or puts in place.

https://www.springhappenings.com/montgomery-co-terminates-stay-home-stop-the-spread-order-ends-curfew/
98Ag99Grad
AG
Peak for Texas now adjusted to april 19. Moved again.
Fitch
AG
...A peak is only observable a week or two after the fact. Let's get this over faster and not worry about the peak but the day new infections drop back to single digits.

IHME model vintages:
Texan_Aggie
AG
Happy peak day, everyone.
JYDog90
AG
It has fallen. It has fallen indeed!
Formerly Willy Wonka
Jack Cheese
AG
Willy Wonka said:

It has fallen. It has fallen indeed!
Fitch
AG
HEB is awesome.

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/H-E-B-adds-meals-to-go-from-Coltivare-coronavirus-15208324.php

Quote:

H-E-B has added another Houston restaurant to its roster of chef-inspired meals-to-go.

The mega grocery chain is now offering refrigerated entrees from nationally-acclaimed Coltivare at three Houston-area stores: 2300 N. Shepherd Dr., 3663 Washington Ave. and 5225 Buffalo Speedway, according to a Friday release.

In early April, H-E-B began selling chef-inspired meals-to-go from James Beard Award-winning chef Chris Shepherd's Underbelly Hospitality, downtown's Cherry Block Craft Butcher and Kitchen and Midtown staple Brennan's of Houston.
Fitch
AG
4/17: +298
4/18: +287
4/19: +224

It was announced earlier last week that testing in Harris County and Houston would be doubling from ~1,000 per day to ~2,200 per day. That went into effect on Tuesday (4/14), and given it takes 3-14 days for test results to be processed and posted it will probably be a few more days before we see any increase from the added testing or (ideally) not.

Interestingly, nationwide testing has averaged about 20% positive each day even as testing capacity has increased. If Harris County is able to buck this trend as testing bandwidth doubles then it could be a positive sign that most of the positive cases in the area have been identified and we're on the "downhill" side of the curve and on the way to relaxing some of the restrictions in place.
SabineAg
AG
What's wrong with taking more vitamins? I thought it was pretty well documented that vitamins are beneficial to preventing illness and helping get over being sick...
Al Bula
AG
PalomaPachanga said:

What's wrong with taking more vitamins? I thought it was pretty well documented that vitamins are beneficial to preventing illness and helping get over being sick...
Hey Hon, how can I reach you? I have an amazing vitamin supplement to tell you about. It can truly change ur life. When an opportunity like this is right in front of you, u'd be dumb to turn it down. Can't wait to connect.
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.