Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,040 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You're spreading an internet rumor from reddit. No one knows if that's true.
tylercsbn9
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

BohunkAg said:

HouAggie2007 said:

That dick of a police officer was released today from the hospital so we can all call him an ******* now without any chance of feeling bad about it
What's the deal with this guy?
The cop that had the virus and after he was diagnosed refused to tell the officials where he was at cookoff because he is married and he was there with his side piece
Or he was just drunk and didn't know and the doomers on reddit went with this story instead.
IrishTxAggie
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

BohunkAg said:

HouAggie2007 said:

That dick of a police officer was released today from the hospital so we can all call him an ******* now without any chance of feeling bad about it
What's the deal with this guy?
The cop that had the virus and after he was diagnosed refused to tell the officials where he was at cookoff because he is married and he was there with his side piece
Or he was just drunk and didn't know and the doomers on reddit went with this story instead.
That's the story that someone in here posted off of Facebook or Nextdoor
HouAggie2007
Regardless of what his reasonings we're it was documented in one of hildagos press conferences that he was not cooperating with officials on where he was.
Mikeyshooter
AG
HouAggie2007 said:

Regardless of what his reasonings we're it was documented in one of hildagos press conferences that he was not cooperating with officials on where he was.
This is correct.
TXTransplant
HouAggie2007 said:

It was also documented that he was at the rodeo with a female companion who tested positive a few days later.
DuncanAg
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

HouAggie2007 said:

This is correct.
Which was later refuted by the Chief in Patton Village...so who knows.
Liquid Wrench
Little Lina saying something in a press conference is not what I would call "documented."
rilloaggie
AG
So I have a haircut lady that cut my hair in her living room 2-3 weeks ago. No, I'm not giving anyone her contact info because she's about 65 and already freaked out about catching the rona. I had to beg her to cut my hair even though she's been cutting it for a couple years. That said, she is friends with the Montgomery county sheriff. According to her, the sheriff said that the rodeo cookoff philanderer patient zero fella gave the necessary info to the authorities, but was uncooperative with the media, for obvious reasons. Take this internet rumor for what it's worth, maybe slightly more accurate than Reddit...or not.
chimpanzee
Internet rumor or not, that sure sounded like the occam's razor explanation for two people known to be "connected" that weren't really wanting to disclose how.

HouAggie2007
I know it's picking from two poor choices but I don't trust a damn thing coming from that police chief, even moreso than hildago
atmtws
AG
T Durden said:

On channel 2 news they said around 9 or so million was spent so far. So if people and meds aren't required for the 250 beds then it wouldn't cost much more.

But...they also had Ed E. on as well and he of course had better ideas. Like use a hotel that is unoccupied for the 250 beds. Guy makes a lot of sense.
How many of you or someone you know work in the medical field in Houston and what is their take on this, now?

I have a couple of friends in it here, and they've all been VERY quiet on social media about this whole thing the last week or so. I've even texted a few asking how they're doing and asking how bad it is. I basically get no response or they try to act like the overreaction and fallout is still warranted. Then yesterday, the SO's dad (who's very much in the know with local politics and businesses) told him that a hospital south of Houston was laying off or furloughing nurses and doctors since they didnt have many Covid patients, and no surgeries lined up.

Hopefully Trump's plan is targeted and methodical. We cannot afford to keep the doors closed much longer, as we all know. I fear the economic fallout will only snowball if we do. And the disgusting part of it all is the people rallying for this, in the name of politics.
/W\ Saw 'Em Off! /W\
BTHO tu.
CDUB98
AG
Assuming cleanliness is done and PPE is available, fully reopen hospitals.
HouAggie2007
Agreed we really need to get preventative medicine back up. It would be nice if somehow out of this people continued to treat ER as an emergency and not a fix everything location
BohunkAg
AG
HouAggie2007 said:

Agreed we really need to get preventative medicine back up. It would be nice if somehow out of this people continued to treat ER as an emergency and not a fix everything location
hahahahahahahahahaha
Texaggie7nine
CDUB98 said:

If that 60MM temp facility is capable of handling all the CV cases then that would probably be the only realistic way to do that in the short term.
7nine
HouAggie2007
I can dream right?
htxag09
AG
CDUB98 said:

Pretty sure PPE is not readily available. I know an icu nurse and she wouldn't talk much about capacity, who they're seeing, etc. But she did say they are having to reuse N95 masks.
BMX Bandit
htxag09 said:

CDUB98 said:

Pretty sure PPE is not readily available. I know an icu nurse and she wouldn't talk much about capacity, who they're seeing, etc. But she did say they are having to reuse N95 masks.
thats because they are able to clean them now.
FHKChE07
AG
Exactly. They are rationing them so that they don't run out until 3M can reestablish the supply chain. And they can be reused up to 20 times and they are cleaning them at least at my wife's hospital at the rate of 1000+ per hour.
Liquid Wrench
Quote:

How many of you or someone you know work in the medical field in Houston and what is their take on this, now?

I have a couple of friends in it here, and they've all been VERY quiet on social media about this whole thing the last week or so. I've even texted a few asking how they're doing and asking how bad it is. I basically get no response or they try to act like the overreaction and fallout is still warranted.
A lot in my family (GP's and pharmacists). They tend to be soft-spoken about epidemics or big news stories because they don't always really know more than what's in the news and don't want their word to be taken as gospel. I wouldn't read too much into it if your friends aren't talking or dispensing wisdom. One on one, they might tell me what they're thinking about the news as they take it in and figure out what they're doing, but they're not issuing any big proclamations outside of their normal work.
Tom Hagen
AG
Houston's panhandlers are starting to wear masks. I guess business has been way down.
atmtws
AG
Are any of them inside the hospitals? Typically, GPs and Pharmacists aren't the ones taking care of the critical Covid patients in hospitals.
/W\ Saw 'Em Off! /W\
BTHO tu.
Liquid Wrench
Let me clarify my last comment. I was mainly addressing the question of why friends in the healthcare profession may not be answering questions or making social media posts. Based on past and recent experience, I can understand why some folks may not want to make social media posts that could be copied and pasted. I wasn't attempting to speak for anyone working on the "front lines," and couldn't if I tried.
MavsAg
AG
My wife works at TCH and they have a grand total of one Covid patient.
Fitch
AG
+301

Edit to add the below:

The White House guidelines released today recommend a 14-day downward trajectory in case load before phasing back into normalized operations. Hopefully Abbott will have some positive direction about reopening.

Ready for this **** to be over...
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Fitch said:

+301

Fuuuuuuu uuuuuuuck
lancevance
#openHoustonagain
Stat Monitor Repairman
Muh logarithmic scale.
gougler08
AG
Fitch said:

+301

Edit to add the below:

The White House guidelines released today recommend a 14-day downward trajectory in case load before phasing back into normalized operations. Hopefully Abbott will have some positive direction about reopening.

Ready for this **** to be over...
So the wording says something around "flu like cases" so I think you get to count overall flu and maybe even pneumonia cases as well. I can't imagine we're having a bunch of those right now, so may be enough wiggle room to put is in Phase 1 even though we technically I believe the COVID-19 trend is slightly up for TX
98Ag99Grad
AG
The peak for Texas has moved again to April 29. One of the docs on the covid board posted that yesterday.
Bassmaster
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

The peak for Texas has moved again to April 29. One of the docs on the covid board posted that yesterday.
Of course it did. Next week it will move to the first week in May. The peak being two weeks away at all times has been the only consistency through all of this.
BQ_90
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Yep, its always just 2 more weeks. Like the movie money pit
98Ag99Grad
AG
Jack Cheese
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 88 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.