Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,498,946 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My grandparents are in a similar situation at a facility in Ny, they haven't been able to leave their apartment since the 15th of March
AgsMyDude
AG
My grandmother is in Clear Lake in the exact same situation, exact same type of facility and protocol.

My grandfather passed in June after a long battle with Parkinson's and now she's completely isolated because of this. My parents tried to take her in a month ago but she didn't want to leave.

I couldn't imagine being in that situation. We've been trying to FaceTime and stuff but still sucks.
CFTXAG10
AG
My grandma is in Clear Lake too. I feel like the facility she's at has handled things well. Discouraging social gatherings and telling residents to wear a mask and gloves when their food gets delivered to their rooms. Knowing her and her personality she is absolutely hating every minute of this. My email count has gone up quite a bit (haha)
wessimo
AG
101 new cases yesterday.
BMX Bandit
is there a website that shows the new cases per day for harris county to see the changes?
XpressAg09
AG
BMX Bandit said:

is there a website that shows the new cases per day for harris county to see the changes?
Seems to be Legit.

1,064 active cases.
17 deaths.
203 recovered.

Does that sound right? I haven't kept up with just Harris County.
AgsMyDude
AG
BMX Bandit said:

https://covid-19.direct/county/TX/Harris
Teddy Perkins
AG
https://www.coronavirusintexas.org/
Onceaggie2.0
Horse cops at memorial park watching potential criminals who are working their cardio so dumb .
IrishTxAggie
AG
Don't worry everyone!! SJL is here to make sure we wear PPE properly!!
Bondag
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Don't worry everyone!! SJL is here to make sure we wear PPE properly!!

Nothing can cover that schnoz

And it appears that queen sheila's hair dresser is essential.
Premium
AG
https://americaser.com/whats-happening/

COVID-19
DRIVE THRU TESTING
Testing Open to Anyone
Insurance Accepted | Self Pay $150
Cash and Credit Cards Accepted
Stonebridge Church
1 Stonebridge Church Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77382
Ag_07
AG
By hairdresser you mean the bobby pins that hold that weave in?
rhoswen
AG
I'm near Clear Lake, y'all's grandmas got windows? I'll take a chair and sit outside her window and chat on the phone.
FNG
Allsome idea
BohunkAg
AG
The Dallas County judge sounds like a big sack of crap.

TXTransplant
A glimmer of good news (from KHOU.com):

Quote:

APRIL 6 5:30 a.m. Washington state returning 400 ventilators to go to harder-hit states: Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said the state will return more than 400 ventilators of the 500 it has received from the federal government so they can go to New York and other states hit harder by the coronavirus. The Democratic governor said Sunday that his statewide stay-at-home order and weeks of social distancing have led to slower rates of infections and deaths in Washington. Get more national/world updates here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/washington-sending-over-400-ventilators-for-non-coronavirus-patients-to-new-york-harder-hit-states/%3famp=1

Quote:

Hospitalizations for patients with COVID-19-like illnesses declined by more than 20% in Washington in the last week of March, a small hopeful sign.

David_Puddy
AG
I know it definitely won't happen, but I'm hoping than post 4/30 the Trump leaves it up to the individual governors to use the data to determine whether businesses can open back up and people can get back to work. Don't want NYC being like the one bad apple in the class that makes the other 50 students have to sit in time out because of them.
swimmerbabe11
Ag_07 said:

By hairdresser you mean the bobby pins that hold that weave in?

...that's not how weaves work. The name will explain it to you.
IrishTxAggie
AG
David_Puddy said:

I know it definitely won't happen, but I'm hoping than post 4/30 the Trump leaves it up to the individual governors to use the data to determine whether businesses can open back up and people can get back to work. Don't want NYC being like the one bad apple in the class that makes the other 50 students have to sit in time out because of them.
It is up to the governors now. Trump hasn't mandated any of the stay at home policies. He's given a program and left it to the governors to adopt individually
Bondag
AG
Quote:

His wall didn't stop this

President Donald Trump promised to keep us safe. He needed science to do that, but instead he tried to build a wall.
Sandra Mast, Plano
WTF? He shut down flights from China and everyone called him a racist, but now he didn't do enough.

I am pretty disappointed in his 3 years in office he did not come up with a vaccine for every known and unknown strand of virus. He was probably too busy playing basketball in the White House gym.
cajunaggie08
AG
Bondag said:

Quote:

His wall didn't stop this

President Donald Trump promised to keep us safe. He needed science to do that, but instead he tried to build a wall.
Sandra Mast, Plano
WTF? He shut down flights from China and everyone called him a racist, but now he didn't do enough.

I am pretty disappointed in his 3 years in office he did not come up with a vaccine for every known and unknown strand of virus. He was probably too busy playing basketball in the White House gym.
He needed to do more than just shut down flights from one country. He could have headed the warnings from the intelligence and medical communities rather than downplay the risk. He could have pressed the country to start stockpiling medical supplies. He could have worked with the CDC to get ample nationwide testing setup. You have to plan to succeed and every step so far has been reactionary. This virus was going to come across our borders no matter who was president. But we could have at least been prepared for it.
FNG
Having legit info from China early on might have helped influence him and his team. We certainly didn't have that.

But please turn this into a political rant. We don't already have a forum for COVID discussion that has turned political as well as Forum 16
Mikeyshooter
AG
He didn't technically shut down all flights from China. But got called a racist anyways.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
FNG said:

Having legit info from China early on might have helped influence him and his team. We certainly didn't have that.

But please turn this into a political rant. We don't already have a forum for COVID discussion that has turned political as well as Forum 16
He knew as early as mid-January but it took him until the beginning of March to take it seriously.
Post removed:
by user
cajunaggie08
AG
David_Puddy said:

Short of locking the Tri-state area down and not letting anyone in or out, how do you stop it from spreading back out to the rest of the states? At least we are more aware now and local authorities will be much more likely to lock down and isolate patient 0.2. I just dont know what point is the responsible point to return to a semi-normal. I get the idea of leaving it up to individual states as not are all hit as hard as NYC or New Orleans. However, its not like we have closed borders either. We're a interconnected country full of mixing and mingling. If its done too early, we're back to square 1 and all back on lockdown. If its done too late, how many wont have a job to return to. I dont know what the right answer is and i'm not sure anyone else does either at this point.
aTm2004
AG
David_Puddy said:

Trump has left everything up to the states this whole time and allowing state/local government to make the decisions that are best for themselves while having the federal government there to help...exactly how government should be ran. That's the funny thing about this. For the past 3.5 years, all we've been hearing from the left about Trump is how he's a dictator. Now, they're screaming because he's not being a dictator.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Anyone else having trouble tracking down half-and-half at the grocery stores? HEB Meyerland was out yesterday but had pretty much everything else, including TP. I guess with everyone stuck at home making their own coffee there's been a run on it.
BQ_90
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Anyone else having trouble tracking down half-and-half at the grocery stores? HEB Meyerland was out yesterday but had pretty much everything else, including TP. I guess with everyone stuck at home making their own coffee there's been a run on it.
my guess is they are just making straight fluid milk and trying to keep that in the stores. half in half you might have better luck at a coffee shop or restaurant that is selling bulk supplies like blue baker
htxag09
AG
Seems odd that they'd be diverting resources to make more milk to keep up with demand since my social media feed has seemed to be inundated with various dairy organizations asking for assistance and showing trucks just dumping out loads of milk because they are oversupplied with restaurants and especially school closed.
drumboy
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Yep, half & half, heavy whipping cream etc has been hard to find. My wife needed a small amount of buttermilk but I could only find a big jug so I not only got some great fluffy pancakes, I also got a buttermilk pie.
RAB91
wessimo
AG
BQ_90 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

my guess is they are just making straight fluid milk and trying to keep that in the stores. half in half you might have better luck at a coffee shop or restaurant that is selling bulk supplies like blue baker

Amazon Fresh has some in stock. You have to try to check out at the top of the hour to get a delivery window though.

2nd Cup https://a2ndcup.com/ in the Heights is also selling pantry supplies, including half and half.
RAB91
Teddy Perkins said:

I had to get a Kroger organic version a few days ago. Everything else was out.
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.