Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,822 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife got some heavy whipping cream yesterday afternoon no problem; Kroger.
Texaggie7nine
CDUB98 said:

My wife got some heavy whipping cream yesterday afternoon no problem; Kroger.
7nine
RK
CDUB98
AG
oh, **** me
BQ_90
AG
htxag09 said:

Seems odd that they'd be diverting resources to make more milk to keep up with demand since my social media feed has seemed to be inundated with various dairy organizations asking for assistance and showing trucks just dumping out loads of milk because they are oversupplied with restaurants and especially school closed.
Fluid milk and milk by product markets are two different things. The story about dumping milk was from Wisconsin and it was because the cheese plant either couldn't take it or shut down don't remember which.

You're not shipping fluid milk to Texas from Wisconsin. The cost is too high.

Again I think the issue is keeping regular milk on the shelves so they aren't making items like half and half. Both are fluid milk products
TXTransplant
drumboy said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Anyone else having trouble tracking down half-and-half at the grocery stores? HEB Meyerland was out yesterday but had pretty much everything else, including TP. I guess with everyone stuck at home making their own coffee there's been a run on it.
Yep, half & half, heavy whipping cream etc has been hard to find. My wife needed a small amount of buttermilk but I could only find a big jug so I not only got some great fluffy pancakes, I also got a buttermilk pie.

Same thing in The Woodlands when we went to HEB last week. I'm not going back for at least another week. My kiddo can use coffee creamer until then.

I did think it was weird, though, considering just about everything else was stocked up.
YellAg2004
AG
2 Bunker Hill HEB Workers Test Positive
Jet Black
That HEB is always a mess. Glad I never go there.
Texaggie7nine
We got spoiled in Europe with the UHT milk they sell there. Buy several cartons unrefrigerated and they are good for several months unopened, and even when you open them they are good for like a month refrigerated.
7nine
RK
AG
i'd rather be able to hop into my F-650 dually turbo diesel and drive to the giant grocery store and get whatever i want whenever i want than have the convenience of having everlasting milk delivered.
AgLiving06
CDUB98 said:

oh, **** me

ChipFTAC01
AG
My wife buys cartons of that milk sometimes. It's nice for traveling with kids.
drumboy
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

My wife buys cartons of that milk sometimes. It's nice for traveling with kids.
Isn't the half gallon organic milk UHT? Not sure if it has to be refrigerated before opening but the expiration date is usually 6-8 weeks in the future.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I don't know. She buys the little 8oz containers of horizon I think. She'll buy a case of them and throw them in the pantry.
lancevance
Texaggie7nine said:

We got spoiled in Europe with the UHT milk they sell there. Buy several cartons unrefrigerated and they are good for several months unopened, and even when you open them they are good for like a month refrigerated.

Subtle "I have been to Europe" humblebrag
CFTXAG10
AG
TXTransplant
Cases are up to 2884. They said it was a big jump from yesterday, but I didn't hear just how big of a jump.

They said they got a cluster of results today going back all the way back to mid-March.

Edit - looks like it was around 2200 cases yesterday.
BQ_90
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

so no mask for the fire chief, Sly is still pissed at them
CowtownAg06
AG
Testing continues to be such a debacle. How relevant is a test from mid march to today's decision making?
Bregxit
AG
MoCo total through today...

161 Confirmed
132 Active
26 Recovered
3 Dead
Texaggie7nine
lancevance said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Subtle "I have been to Europe during lockdown" humblebrag

FIFY
7nine
TXTransplant
Turner just said that CoH has only done ~5000 tests (not including private tests).

He acknowledges the issues with testing but he would have "expected the death toll to be much higher".
RK
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Testing continues to be such a debacle. How relevant is a test from mid march to today's decision making?
all it really does is move the mortality rate closer to a realistic number by somewhat correcting the bullsh*t numerator...which is still bullsh*t.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Spring Branch is ph**ked

Quote:

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Two H-E-B employees in Houston have reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.

ABC13 obtained information sent to workers Monday through a text alert that read the workers are employed at the Bunker Hill location, which is along the Katy Freeway.

"All Partners who were in direct contact with the confirmed case have been notified directly," the message read.
wessimo
AG
D'oh.
CowtownAg06
AG
that part is relevant.
Ag_07
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Spring Branch is ph**ked

Quote:

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Two H-E-B employees in Houston have reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.

ABC13 obtained information sent to workers Monday through a text alert that read the workers are employed at the Bunker Hill location, which is along the Katy Freeway.

"All Partners who were in direct contact with the confirmed case have been notified directly," the message read.

Psh...You mean Memorial?

We're fckd when an employee at La Michoacana tests positive.
94chem
RK said:

CowtownAg06 said:

all it really does is move the mortality rate closer to a realistic number by somewhat correcting the bullsh*t numerator...which is still bullsh*t.

I think you mean the denominator, unless we've been failing to test dead people.
TXTransplant
I really don't want to make this political, but regardless of your opinion of him, Trump just totally shut down a reporter who asked about not enough tests and two-week turnaround times for results in today's presser. Said we are testing more people than any other country in the world. And wanted to know "the name" of the person who gave this reporter the idea that testing is a problem.
Bassmaster
AG
In his defense, if you are going to quote the Inspector General and the Inspector General's statement forms the basis for your question, you should probably should know who the Inspector General is. I think his point was that it was a political statement but he couldn't even make the point because she couldn't answer the question. At least that is what I took away from it.
Houston Lee
AG
TXTransplant said:

I really don't want to make this political, but regardless of your opinion of him, Trump just totally shut down a reporter who asked about not enough tests and two-week turnaround times for results in today's presser. Said we are testing more people than any other country in the world. And wanted to know "the name" of the person who gave this reporter the idea that testing is a problem.
The reporter finally had to admit that the person they got the info from was from the Obama Admin. /Typical.
RK
AG
94chem said:

RK said:

CowtownAg06 said:

I think you mean the denominator, unless we've been failing to test dead people.

I'm not good at numbers or words.
Ag_07
AG
He's also addressing the nation and trying to put up a strong, positive front and it doesn't help when media members ask questions that want to harp on weakness and create fear.
TXTransplant
Ag_07 said:

He's also addressing the nation and trying to put up a strong, positive front and it doesn't help when media members ask questions that want to harp on weakness and create fear.
I'm a numbers person, so to me, that is a legitimate question that does not harp on weakness and create fear. Numbers is knowledge and knowledge is power.

And, IMO, the name of the person who have her that information is irrelevant, if it's true. And it is true, at least in a lot of places - including here.

We aren't testing enough. In the beginning, I thought it didn't matter because, unless you get really sick, all you can do is stay home and literally sweat it out.

But, how are we ever going to reopen business and get back to work if we don't know the extent to which this is spreading/has spread?

Keeping the numbers low gives people a false sense of security that things "aren't that bad here". There is a whole thread on another board about it - that somehow Texas knows some big secret to "prevent the spread" that all the other big states don't know.

The "secret" is we aren't testing people like we should be.

Keegan99
AG
You can claim a lack of testing is concealing the true numbers, but such concealment is only temporary. Eventually it would show up in hospital admissions.

So where are the massive numbers of hospitalized Texans?
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.