Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,079 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Tom Hagen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
E said:

I play golf while running errands... does this mean I can make my 10:50 tee time on Sunday?
It is absolutely ******ed to close golf courses. Natural sunlight and exercise build your immune system.
BMX Bandit
AgLiving06 said:

I wonder when Gov Abbott steps in and puts an end to this nonsense.
he's more likely to make it statewide than he is to end it.

but since all these big counties are doing it, he likely wont do either
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
E said:

I play golf while running errands... does this mean I can make my 10:50 tee time on Sunday?
I am pretty sure there was a proviso for solitary outdoor activities. Just don't share a cart and you should be fine, right? I am going to try and go fishing tomorrow under the same statement.
gougler08
AG
Tom Hagen said:

E said:

It is absolutely ******ed to close golf courses. Natural sunlight and exercise build your immune system.
I mean the largest you can have is a group of 4...seems like great social distancing to me
TheWoodsAg
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

E said:

I am pretty sure there was a proviso for solitary outdoor activities. Just don't share a cart and you should be fine, right? I am going to try and go fishing tomorrow under the same statement.
They're playing golf at Dallas courses:

Tee times 20 minutes apart
No range or practice green
You can play with 1 partner only (6 feet distance at all times)
Book and pay online, show up to 1st tee 5 minutes before tee time (no earlier)
Walk only, no cart
Bunkers are deemed GUR
Leave all flag sticks in

Sounds like a great way to play 9 or 18 pretty quickly......
07fta07
AG
The problem is that it's not an essential business so the staff to run the pro shop/carts won't be there.

If you can get approval to walk (more likely at a private course than public) then you should be allowed to play. That's what I'm hoping for at least.
Bigballin
AG
Is Comendante Hidalgo about to have a stroke?
i is smart
AG
Almost as if she's not equipped to handle this crisis.
BQ_90
AG
so yesterday it wasn't necessary, so today the **** hit the fan to do this?

She just said all non essential jobs should stay home. So I guess she's heading home after the presser?
XpressAg09
AG
And there it is. Stay at home, unless work is essential, per Hidalgo. "Stay six feet away from everyone," as she almost gets smacked by the ASL Translator because hypocrisy.

No end date given at this time.

Edit, effective tonight, midnight through April 3rd. Revisit the order as necessary.
Edit: parks are open, but stay away from playgrounds and don't touch play equipment???
cap-n-jack
Government employees and officials will continue to get paid. The rest of us will have nothing to come back to.
ptothemo
AG
I trust that we will be getting a swimmerbabe recap to make this an official press conference? Otherwise, it's just a bunch of words that mean relatively nothing.
dragmagpuff
AG
Her basic justification is that the hospital CEOs at the med center told the county that they are heading for New York/Italy outcomes if we don't take stricter measures now due to ICU limitations. The number of patients requiring ICU care with COVID symptoms are increasing rapidly, even if the testing hasn't reflected that.

Tom Hagen
AG
Can someone post a copy? Is it the same as Dallas and Galveston?

cajunaggie08
AG
For most of you on here, this changes nothing. There are a few non-essential companies who have been still operating/making employees work in the office. This will force them to set up employees to WFH or straight up close shop. You can still go to the grocery store. you can still go outside. You can still get liquor. The strippers may be forced to go to portland model now.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Thank goodness we have Lina Hidalgo To tell us which of our businesses and business activities are "essential" versus "nonessential".
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Bigballin
AG
How many confirmed COVID-19 cases require a hospital beds? 100% of the cases...?
bearkatag15
AG
My company is closing tomorrow now until the order is over.
BohunkAg
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

For most of you on here, this changes nothing. There are a few non-essential companies who have been still operating/making employees work in the office. This will force them to set up employees to WFH or straight up close shop. You can still go to the grocery store. you can still go outside. You can still get liquor. The strippers may be forced to go to portland model now.
I don't know if Harris County will adopt this model, but what it has changed in some places is they are letting fewer people in stores at a time.
TXTransplant
Bigballin said:

How many confirmed COVID-19 cases require a hospital beds? 100% of the cases...?

This link shows which cases are hospitalized, although, who knows how accurate is it. Based on the feedback hospitals are giving, I'm inclined to believe it's not.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/houston-area-coronavirus-cases/285-192b8879-08b6-4ec0-8a0f-a0487ead1453

The point of all this is to keep the situation in the hospitals from getting worse. What is manageable now could become unmanageable very quickly.

Anecdotally, I have a friend who is still expected to go to the office. They are on a rotating schedule, but she can work from home (and has in the past). She's already had the flu in the last week (tested positive). Hopefully, this will put a stop to employers expecting employees to come to work when they can WFH.
Furlock Bones
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Government employees and officials will continue to get paid. The rest of us will have nothing to come back to.
not all true. one of my friends is a director at one of the parks. she just had lay off almost everyone. she's currently arguing that maintenance is essential which i'm inclined to agree with her.
nonameag99
Got my travel letter! I am essential!
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
aTm2004
AG
Honest question...is a part of learning sign language also making awkward facial expressions?
BohunkAg
AG
TXTransplant said:

Bigballin said:

This link shows which cases are hospitalized, although, who knows how accurate is it. Based on the feedback hospitals are giving, I'm inclined to believe it's not.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/houston-area-coronavirus-cases/285-192b8879-08b6-4ec0-8a0f-a0487ead1453

The point of all this is to keep the situation in the hospitals from getting worse. What is manageable now could become unmanageable very quickly.

Anecdotally, I have a friend who is still expected to go to the office. They are on a rotating schedule, but she can work from home (and has in the past). She's already had the flu in the last week (tested positive). Hopefully, this will put a stop to employers expecting employees to come to work when they can WFH.
I will point out that New York is testing at 10 times the rate Texas is because their hospital situation is currently much worse than ours is. Need based testing has been our model in the U.S. so far by state, and probably the right solution so far, so as to not create panic.

Basing it on the number of confirmed cases is probably not an accurate measure, but basing it on the loads at the hospitals is....if the hospitals are starting to get blasted, even a little, then we are starting to ramp up. At least, this is my understanding. And I've been one that's been questioning the efficacy of these "orders."
XpressAg09
AG
aTm2004 said:

Honest question...is a part of learning sign language also making awkward facial expressions?
Honest answer, yes. ASL is a very facial-emotive language. You can't 'shout' with your hands, so you have to shout with your face. Same for all kinds of tones that your voice are able to emote, but you can't with your hands.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Were told last week our business is considered essential so I'll be at work still. My commute from Pearland just got even easier.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Some of these people are standing within two feet of each other? Are they that freaking stupid and tone deaf?
Bondag
AG
XpressAg09 said:

aTm2004 said:

Honest answer, yes. ASL is a very facial-emotive language. You can't 'shout' with your hands, so you have to shout with your face. Same for all kinds of tones that your voice are able to emote, but you can't with your hands.
Follow up.

Does the county have one ASL interpreter and the city have another one?
TXTransplant
BohunkAg said:

TXTransplant said:

Bigballin said:

I will point out that New York is testing at 10 times the rate Texas is because their hospital situation is currently much worse than ours is. Need based testing has been our model in the U.S. so far by state, and probably the right solution so far, so as to not create panic.

Basing it on the number of confirmed cases is probably not an accurate measure, but basing it on the loads at the hospitals is....if the hospitals are starting to get blasted, even a little, then we are starting to ramp up. At least, this is my understanding. And I've been one that's been questioning the efficacy of these "orders."

I agree, hospital load is a much more impactful number in terms of communicating how severe the problem is.

However, I tend to think there are probably a lot of cases in the hospitals that haven't been "officially" diagnosed or reported. I still don't have a good understanding of how easy it is to get a test here. Not to mention the people who are currently asymptomatic or experiencing mild symptoms who may still end up hospitalized.
Bondag
AG
Anyone seen a copy of the actual order?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
If you're admitted to a hospital, you must be tested.
TXTransplant
Ducks4brkfast said:

If you're admitted to a hospital, you must be tested.

Good to know.
aTm2004
AG
Appreciate it.
tamuags08
AG
Ruh roh.

https://abc13.com/health/amazon-employee-tests-positive-for-covid-19-at-houston-site/6044787/
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 49 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.