Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,912 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RealTalk said:

agz win said:

Triple ply?
Janitorial supply toilet paper are rated by their grit size.
one MEEN Ag
AG
RealTalk said:

agz win said:

Triple ply?
Janitorial supply toilet paper are rated by their grit size.

You're not completely clean until you use 120.
MathNewman06
AG
...and make sure you sing happy birthday twice while wiping.
CoachRTM
AG
Heights hike and bike trail this morning had a bunch of people running, biking and walking.

Other than that, it was eerily dead outside.
Liquid Wrench
It's also day 2 of rain. I'm sure some people tried to get out before this round came. I can only imagine being a kid stuck inside at home this long.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Kids nowadays go outside?
spadilly
S
We told our kids to get their swimsuits on and to go play in the rain. It's cold? No...go play. We will have a warm bath for you in 45 minutes.
jetch17
AG
We've been outside for days earlier in the week, of course my kids get slapped by the pollen every year so we've been inside since they're hacking and snotty til they clear up so the neighbors don't think we're totally 'Rona'd

Needless to say with the rain, the cabin fever is palpable - amazing what just some driveway sittin and letting the kids rip on bikes and shoot hoops will do for energy burnin

I just popped the youngest in the lip with a nerf dart which ended in a meltdown, so that battle is now over and it's time for a stiff Tito's

Unemployed
AG
jetch17 said:

We've been outside for days earlier in the week, of course my kids get slapped by the pollen every year so we've been inside since they're hacking and snotty til they clear up so the neighbors don't think we're totally 'Rona'd

Needless to say with the rain, the cabin fever is palpable - amazing what just some driveway sittin and letting the kids rip on bikes and shoot hoops will do for energy burnin

I just popped the youngest in the lip with a nerf dart which ended in a meltdown, so that battle is now over and it's time for a stiff Tito's

Careful. Some people might not know that Tito's is a brand if vodka.
jetch17
Diggity
AG
jetch17 said:

Gotta toughen them up for the coming Mad Max reality somehow
Jackal99
AG
My kid has pulled three of his teeth since Tuesday. They were all pretty loose already, but he's been terrified of pulling teeth until now. Fortunately, we were able to go for a walk before the rain, so we may be able to hold off another tooth tonight.
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, I generally like being outside as much as possible but the pollen was making me hack up earlier in the week. Hope the rain washes some of the green paint away.
jetch17
AG
Body By Fisher said:

Yeah, I generally like being outside as much as possible but the pollen was making me hack up earlier in the week. Hope the rain washes some of the green paint away.

Absolutely - hell just sittin in the driveway eases the being cooped up. It's my favorite white trash pastime
Diggity
AG
If I ever to the suburbs, a cul-de-sac is a must.
jetch17
AG
Diggity said:

MF right
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
jetch17 said:

Body By Fisher said:

Absolutely - hell just sittin in the driveway eases the being cooped up. It's my favorite white trash pastime
Some in our neighborhood have set certain times each day where people can sit on their driveway and talk (from a safe distance) to other families who are out on walks. It's been a nice neighborhood happy hour/excuse to get outside and catch up or meet new people. It's been great seeing so many people out on walks as well. This COVID thing isn't all bad.
Fitch
AG
Honestly the neighborhood or community engagement part of this last week has been pretty nice. Wish we could find the time to be outside and catch up with the neighbors like this during a normal week.
agz win
AG
Diggity said:

And get it by a lake. The fish are biting strong.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Anybody braved Sams Club in the past 24-48 hours? Not looking for hoarding stuff, we are good on tp, water and bleach. We are running low on a few things that Sams carries, but not worth wading through corona infested crazies to get them.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Been a line and limited number of people let in at a time. That was at ours in Pearland and my in laws in the Woodlands.
Bondag
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Anybody braved Sams Club in the past 24-48 hours? Not looking for hoarding stuff, we are good on tp, water and bleach. We are running low on a few things that Sams carries, but not worth wading through corona infested crazies to get them.
Download their app. You can scan and pay with no line.

(removed:110205)
Why the line around the building at Microcenter?
lancevance
Sid said:

Seems like no special reason according to this article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/techburger/amp/At-Micro-Center-coronavirus-precautions-keep-15148423.php
H-town ag
AG
Sid said:

Several reasons ... Many stores, like Costco, are making people line up outside and only allowing a limited number of people in the store at a time so that shoppers and workers can have a safe distance. Also many workers and students are needing additional devices and equipment (laptops, monitors, printers) to work from home for a prolonged time. The article also mentioned that one person was there for Zoom training. Best Buy is also still opened and pretty busy.
ptothemo
AG
Quote:

Because of the demand, Micro Center has been limiting quantities sold. For example, computer monitors are restricted to five per customer.

I get the need for a new monitor given working from home - I ordered one in the last ten days - but is there any plausible need for five or more? I just don't understand some of these things that people are apparently buying up.
dragmagpuff
AG
ptothemo said:

Quote:

Because of the demand, Micro Center has been limiting quantities sold. For example, computer monitors are restricted to five per customer.

I get the need for a new monitor given working from home - I ordered one in the last ten days - but is there any plausible need for five or more? I just don't understand some of these things that people are apparently buying up.

If you are buying for your whole office?
ptothemo
AG
Seems like you would just order in quantity in the same manner that the office was equipped - rather than paying full retail. But I guess I'm missing something here.
combat wombat™
AG
Morons in line arent maintaining 6' distance.
Ag_07
AG
combat wombat said:

That's what I don't get.

If we're supposed to keep gatherings to less than 10 why are these places letting people stand in lines?

What's the point of limiting people inside if you just gonna pile em up outside. Makes no GD sense.
combat wombat™
AG
The store is not responsible for making the people outside stand 6' apart. They are responsible for not letting more than 10 people in the story the time.

When the schools had just announced closures until April I had to go to office depot. Aside from the cashier it was pretty easy to maintain 6' from others. However, when I was standing in line the girl behind me simply wouldn't stay far as away as I would have luked. I was constantly moving because I everytime I moved she closed the gap.
Liquid Wrench
combat wombat said:

I'd maintain my distance from you anytime, Wombat.
TXTransplant
combat wombat said:

A friend of mine and I were talking about this a few days ago. I suggested carrying a squirt bottle full of water and spraying anyone who got too close.
Scantron882
AG
Wish Dr. Red Duke was still around. times like these we could use a few of his end of the Channel 13 news broadcast health science updates.
Zeke1995
AG
The Coronavirus would not have been able to withstand the power of his drawl and many would have been spared.
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.